TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I addressed the non-venomous snake issue and was immediately contacted by the park and they addressed my concerns. I think when we enter an amusement park we do not think it will be "in nature" which it is. The Park is a great place, so please be adults, watch your children, and leave nature alone. - L. Rohan

I think when we enter an amusement park we do not think it will be "in nature" which it is.

I like how much nature is at DW. I rent cabins and hope to see bears (did once up towards Ober Gatlinburg)

Then again I grew up in the woods dodging snakes, not an asphalt jungle.

And yes, I expect gators in the swamps of Florida like Disney bought.

Edited by TEDodd

We've had a few bears in Gatlinburg this year. Some have entered stores. Can't imagine seeing a bear waltzing through the front door of a souvenir shop while I'm looking around. Had one in Knoxville this Spring, too.

You do realize that the Water Moccasin and Cottonmoith are one in the same? Take it from someone that goes to war with them on a frequent basis. AnD yes, there's a water snake that is often mistaken for them. It's all about the head or when the pit viper of the two opens that white mouth and that means you are too damn close. There'd plenty of Eastern Diamondbacks over in East Tenn too.

Thank You! Yesterday, on our first trip to Dollywood we were crossing the bridge from Jukebox Junction to Rivertown Junction. There are ducks in the "River" that was not even about six inches deep. We stopped for a second to see the ducks- immediately noticed a snake swirling in the water instead- honestly about two feet long. I assumed it was a copperhead. So did the two other visitors from Florida who commented it was like having alligators still at Disney. We went on the River Ride, other water rides, but it was obvious the Snake was swimming further into the Park headed somewhere. I do not know what kind it was now- but can tell you that I wouldn't know what to do if I was bitten or my Son. They honestly should have a sign and better fencing to keep us out and advise of the problem, because another man had a stroller and it is easy for a toddler to wander to feed the ducks, etc. The entire time I was on the River Ride or any ride, the thought that the Snake had friends and family was in my mind. I kept telling myself hopefully the Park didn't drain its ride water out or into where we saw the snake. I personally would have liked to have notice of this. Especially because my son has autism, the bridge isn't high, and you do not expect a snake in a theme park- especially after paying a good amount for entry.

We are staying at the Resort also- again a lot if money and supposedly 4 star rated. Last night, (after the Halloween Display and Park closed) so probably 11pm, I told my Son to come to the window to see how pretty the view was of the pool. I saw a rat. My Dad is from NYC and these are "Brooklyn Cats". It definitely was not a possum! Then, my Son could not see that one- which was a good sized rat. He instead pointed to the path- a darker rat was running down the path. We named him "Rizzo" from the muppets. But, these rats were on the paths, in the shrubs, and the resort serves food. I would not want to walk barefoot at the pool where a large rat had been. These were NYC sized- size of a baby possum. Not mice. Has anyone else seen rats at the Resort?

Now that I can confirm the Snake at the Dollywood Park, I no longer feel like an idiot!

A fence would mean nothing to the snake. Most will scatter given the human activity, with one exception. The Cottonmouth. I've had them charge at me personally, on several occasions. Copperhead will get you cause you stepped on it. Again, impossible to completely avoid in any park with mature trees and landscaping.

Looks like 2020 season passes go live Monday 10-21-19.

Also a local news story on the new 2020 flower festival.

https://www.wbir.com/mobile/article/entertainment/events/dollywoods-new-flower-food-festival-to-brings-spring-fun-to-the-smokies-in-2020/51-647d2b11-e915-4d60-8425-5b8ddaf27953

I can’t believe no new attraction for splash country. From what I hear it was packed this year and needs some new stuff to spread out the crowds.

Looks like just the press release reprinted.

Maybe taking a break after WWG.

Was there a yeat off after the hotel?

It's getting to the price where they should toss in SDC with the gold pass.. The gold pass at Dollywood sounds to be more than I paid for my CF platinum pass, and that includes their water parks.

I'm sure this is a feature that wouldn't be used much and for the guest who do use it, possibly only used once a year. But it would build value

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Yes but these top tier passes at other parks include all their parks for free

With the new waterpark coming to town, my wife and I are holding out on renewing our superpass to see their prices

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

$129 for regular pass is $5 less than current price for 2019 pass.

$214 for gold is $5 more than current price.

As much as I like DW it's getting hard to justify. I haven't been making as many trips nor staying as long as 3-4 years ago. Already dropped water park because it wasn't getting used.

if passes were still priced like 4-5 years ago sure.

Considering their entertainment budget and the fact that the park is fully open with all dry rides open and tons of shows from mid March through the first weekend in January that seems like a totally reasonable price.

Edited by coasterbill

I guess it depends on how many days you plan on attending the park. I know, right now, I'm over-saturated with park passes and it's become hard to utilize them all and still "adult". I haven't been to SF or any busch park at all this year, let alone only used my CF plat pass a few times at carowinds (which is an hour away). I guess it balls down to being able to really plan to get your moneys worth.

Odd question, but how well does cinnamon bread taste a few days later? My family is wondering if I could bring a loaf home.

Keeps a few days and great warmed a bit.

Maybe longer if repackaged. The last time I kept some 3-4 days it dried out and got hard. But we had eaten some of it so maybe we didn't reseal well. Haven't tried keeping long since.

Yeah, we get seadon passes every other year and get to go to Christmas festivities there every year that way. It’ll be $350 for two of us to go to the park four times (twice each Christmas).

So that’s $90 for two tickets and parking per visit. And really, we may go again in May and use a bring a buddy pass each which would be another 4 admissions,

So 12 tickets, 5 parking passes and food discounts for $350. It’s a no brainer, personally.