TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

That's been mentioned a few times but no timeframe on it. Even the CEO of HFE mentioned that Dolly's resort business is doing well so they will be looking into that soon.

Again, no dates though. I always figured that would be part of their next 5 - 10 year investment/expansion as they are technically just nearing the end of first investment. It's no secret that the resort expansion is coming though, multiple people have mentioned it on Dollywoods leadership team.

Years ago, when they announced the current expansion and monetary investment, the new area was always hinted as being the final part. The new area includes Wildwood Grove and the rest of the clearing. A few of us even believe a resort will be built into the park as part of this new area. The area is on the edge of the park so it's possible guest will still be able to get in and out of the resort without coming through Dollywood.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Love the idea of s more “in park” resort. I always felt the “siting” of dreammore was a bit odd in that it felt so removed from the park. I wish they could at least route the DreamMore trolleys on a private road that didn’t “leave property” also they REALLY need to offer shuttle service to their dinner theatre attractions. You would have a better chance of a “captive audience” if you truly never had to move the car.

• 2 weeks later...
Did ya'll get the survey from Dollywood today? It was wanting to compare indoor ride themes between Firefly Frenzy, Hidden Cave, and Founder's Day. I want the cave option!!!

No, can you post a screenshot of the survey? I’d like to compare. Which I already know I’m going to probably like the Hidden Cave option. I’ve heard some rumors/tales tossed around about Phase 2 and a deep cave that explores the depths of Wildwood Grove with a possible monster?

Oh my it was so many screens I don't think I can do that lol. Firefly Frenzy was about tracking down what happened to all the fire flies. Turns out a lady collected them with a funny machine to spread the magic of Wildwood Grove everywhere. The Hidden Cavern was about a mythical cave full of gems you discover along the way in Wildwood Grove, and Founders Day was a celebration of Wildwood Grove. I thought option one and two were ok with two being the best for me. I think it is way to soon for option three. I may be off a bit on some details but that should be close. All options are interactive where you are I think shooting things as you go along to collect them. It will be cool to watch what happens!

Interesting, sounds like they decided not to go with the Hypercoaster addition for the park, maybe this means it will be SDC to get one instead in the near future. I will be curious to see which theme they go with. Hopefully it winds up being a revival of the Flooded Mine of sorts since they removed theirs years ago. (unlike SDC)

Interesting, sounds like they decided not to go with the Hypercoaster addition for the park, maybe this means it will be SDC to get one instead in the near future. I will be curious to see which theme they go with. Hopefully it winds up being a revival of the Flooded Mine of sorts since they removed theirs years ago. (unlike SDC)

Not necessarily. I've received 2 or 3 surveys this year and the one before the coaster survey was actually a dark ride survey as well.

Personally, I think they have something picked out already and are working towards planning rides for their next 5 or 10 year plan. They said they will move into another plan next

It's probably safe to say a coaster and a dark ride are coming. The question is, what's first?

I will also say, the themes in this dark ride survey sound better than the first. Possibly why the sent out another dark ride survey

Also, founders day sounds similar to the walk through area I received in a survey

On an unrelated note, I was at the park today for work. They have already started setting up for luminights! No real pumpkins yet, but some of their large displays are up

Very hot day at the park today and the first time I saw dragonflyer as a walk on BUT wild eagle was only running one train (rare) and it was a walk on, firechaser was a walk on, LR, and so on. Pretty much everything was except for the air-conditioned restaurants, and river ramplage! Aunt grannies had them out the door, front porch cafe also had them lined up, and even reds took 30 mins to get food. What does this bring me to? Dollywood needs more indoor stuff for days like today or more water rides.. the park was DEAD and people still couldn't escape the heat!

Depends on how many days, if any, local schools are out. Some build their Spring Break around Easter, depending when Easter falls. During the week though, I figure you will be fine and crowds will be smaller

Not sure what’s up in craftsman valley. Waterfalls been off most all season. School house closed all season. Some of those details missing make this park unique. Hope there’s a plan to get these back up soon.

Interesting, sounds like they decided not to go with the Hypercoaster addition for the park. . .

Or, they could have already finalized the coaster plans and looking towards more future additions. New attractions can take like 2-3 years to develop.

Do you guys think Gerstlauer would be an option for a big coaster for Dollywood? I got to thinking how much I love Mystery Mine and Fire Chaser and thought why not. Do you get a repeat buyer discount lol? I was watching the POV of Hang Time and they even have that dive coaster pause. They have incorporated spinning and boomerang elements in coasters plus we know they can be heavily themed. Not to mention the vertical lift hill and past 90 degree drops. Would a heavily themed infinity model be an option you think? Do you think it needs to be a B & M or Intamin? Just had some free time and was thinking out loud. Was watching lots of POVs and seemed to be caught more by the Gerstlauer coasters.