TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Decided, going in early June. It was the best time to squeeze it in. Makes no sense for my CA trip which is already packed to the brim, and not convenient for my NJ trip this summer, Atlanta is a far better layover and I can go to SFoG. SO Dollywood in June!

Stoked to finally go to this highly regarded park, and ofc Lightning Rod.

Are the fast pass unlimiteds available day of or must they be bought online? Just in case crowds are bad, but its a Sunday so I may just get one anyway

You can buy online or at the park. You can also monitor to see how many are left on the same page where you purchase them online. Risk bad weather buying them too far in advance.

Also, those Time Savers also get you reserved seating at the shows if those interest you. Saves you from having to stand in line for those.

You can buy online or at the park. You can also monitor to see how many are left on the same page where you purchase them online. Risk bad weather buying them too far in advance.

Also, those Time Savers also get you reserved seating at the shows if those interest you. Saves you from having to stand in line for those.

Oh wow that is really great. I'll deff keep tabs on it and get one if they're running low, otherwise will wait till day of. I reckon it'll be helpful though, I will not have a full day (I know LR night rides are epic but time constraints....) and wanna marathon much as possible. Not really a show person no, but still cool to know. Seems like a quality product.

Im deff stoked to finally go here.

Has anyone gotten any communication on the Season Pass Early Preview for WWG? The Dollywood facebook page is filled with multiple posts from folks trying to plan time off, hotel etc etc and no one is hearing anything from the park about when this is. The projected opening date is the 11, so Im surprised they've said nothing so far. Also surprised they aren't responding to any of those posts.

I would love to, but looking at their schedule it seems like the best chance for that would be around Christmas. That might be kind of tough.

The one risk at Christmas is that you could go on a day with cold temperatures and cause the ride to go down. It's worth the risk since you can get 5 hours of night rides on Lightning Rod (as opposed to 1 in peak summer), but you just have to know that could happen going in.

I ran across a coaster event on June 22 this year. I posted a link and it was blocked. Thought it might not be allowed. I think it's my post count. It includes breakfast, lunch buffet, and evening ERT (on LR assuming it's running). One day event.

I am going to Dollywood over Memorial Day weekend. Has anyone ever been during this time? Will the park be slammed?

The issue with going at the end of May is that the "Bring A Friend Free" passes that you get with your season passes expire at the end of May. Everyone waits till last minute to use them so its nothing to see the park at or past capacity. I've learned to avoid the park on Weekends in may at all costs. Even the food lines will be 45 minutes.

I am going to Dollywood over Memorial Day weekend. Has anyone ever been during this time? Will the park be slammed?

The issue with going at the end of May is that the "Bring A Friend Free" passes that you get with your season passes expire at the end of May. Everyone waits till last minute to use them so its nothing to see the park at or past capacity. I've learned to avoid the park on Weekends in may at all costs. Even the food lines will be 45 minutes.

They’ve actually already expired for this year. I think a week or two weeks ago was the last “bring a friend day”

Here is a video of folks visiting Wildwood Grove:

I think it looks beautiful! I can't wait to see all the videos coming up after this weekend! This one didn't go all the way down to the entrance end.

It would appear that clearance guards have been fitted to the cars on Dragon Flier, and they look like they've been retrofitted as opposed to designed for the train. I wonder if it's for some sort of compliance thing? I know that the lift catwalk is normally shifted to the right to allow for adequate clearance around the first spiral, but you'd that that's all they would have needed to do...