TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Maybe new trains that we don’t know about?? I can’t tell if they are new or not.

Well if they don't look new and the park hasn't announced that they're new and there's no reason to ever consider that they're new then when you put all of the pieces together it's pretty obvious that the park spent a bunch of money on brand new trains that look just like the old ones. They're totally new.

It IS testing with water dummies.

Oh yeah, you're right they're removing it then. Green Lantern at Magic Mountain is testing now and they're removing that so it's a telltale sign.

Sounds to me like it just broke like it does at the opening of every season, especially if they are testing now. Part must have arrived! Good to hear it's testing again. Opening weekend it was testing without dummies

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Edited by dstephe9

^ Nothing about his post was defensive, lol.

Very excited to finally check out this park next month. I think I may get a season pass and spend a few days in the area, hitting up the park when I feel like it and not trying to rush my way through everything.

It's funny. I make so many posts where I wonder if I should really hit the submit button and reluctantly do it anyway and there's never an issue with those... it's always the non-confrontational milquetoast posts that people take the wrong way.

Dude, relax. I don't even know what just happened.

My response was to the comment made by “coasterbill” not the one above mine lol I should’ve clarified
Haha I knew it wasn't geared towards mine we posted at the same time I believe lol

I'm headed to the park Saturday so maybe it'll be up.

No greeter is ever going to give you an answer about why a ride is closed (aside from saying something like "mechanical reasons") or how long they expect it to be closed. That standard operating procedure for basically every park in America.

No greeter is ever going to give you an answer about why a ride is closed (aside from saying something like "mechanical reasons") or how long they expect it to be closed. That standard operating procedure for basically every park in America.

Exactly this!!

Ride ops are literally trained NOT to tell a guest exactly why a ride is closed.

Just a warning for anyone today, F is almost full. Preferred parking is full. Tram line in F is to the road through the parking lot

Be prepared for crowds

45 mins waiting on a tram. 5 full sized parked trams not running passed coming in.. come on Dollywood!! Move em to splash country or something if not enough staff. It just looks bad for the guest.. and why have at least one of your small trams running when plenty of full sized arent. Just trying to help y'all out

5 full sized parked trams not running passed coming in.. come on Dollywood!! Move em to splash country or something if not enough staff. It just looks bad for the guest.. and why have at least one of your small trams running when plenty of full sized arent.

You assume they are all operational. I'm not convinced they all are. And I think that's why so many of the old bus conversions are used regularly.

Don't get me wrong, I like the old ones better than the new ones. Just surprised they still get so much use.

Just passed timesaver center and they are sold out. (At least for now) Guess they do limit them, that's actually nice to know.

LR changed to temporarily delayed and went down to 1 train

Edit: LR would run much better if they didn't go from 1 to 2 back to 1 and so on on trains. In line now and they have swicyhed 3 times. During the switch the timesaver lines fill up and the regular line moves very slow very slow very slow. This is possibly the reason they give up with two trains from time to time.

I know Slidewinder has signs removed and is off the map BUT it hasn't been demolished.. as far as I could tell today it's fully standing, station and all.. being off the map is nothing, their maps are seasonal now. At one point last year park management said it wouldn't be closed.

Has anyone announced it's 100% gone? Aside from screamscape who "verified with Dollywood" Maybe they will refurbish it. According to Ace Winter Warm-up, it is closed for 2019 but they haven't decided what to do with it.

So had anyone actually heard anything else official from the park that can be backed up or is it all rumor sites like screamscape?

They speak of this at 2hr and 1 min in the video

Also before that, some good information on LRs issues last year.. it sounds like it boils down to train issues

Overall nice day at the park today! Very busy but opperations inside were great! Trams were the biggest issue and I feel if LR would have stuck with 1 train, it's wait wouldn't be as long.. it takes them nearly 30 mins to add and remove a train! Slightly less removing. And during my wait they did this a couple times!

Edited by dstephe9