TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

There is a parody Twitter account called is Lightning Rod Open @LightningRodDW and the first time it shows being down is July 4 so its been down since at least then.

ACE southeast is the one who posted the photo from one of their members showing LR testing. It is consistent with what I've been reading that says the target is Columbus Day Weekend (start of Fall Break for most of TN).

That's this weekend o.o. Columbus Day is the 8th.

I was the park Saturday the 30th, and saw no one milling around Lighting Rod at all. Mystery Mine also didn't open until 6:00 pm which made the lines for Wild Eagle, Firechaser, and Thunderhead long. We opted to get unlimited timesavers and rode all day.

It was The Great Pumpkin LumiNights opening weekend. I found the decorations quite nice and is a nice addition to the park for the fall.

Untitled.png.a0b86ffdac1cb632ed05c4dcdc4a0843.png

This was reported a few days ago and I was hoping for a glitch but if it's still happening, I'd imagine it isn't.

Not sure if it’s a glitch or not, but the ride times are not showing on my app anymore.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I can't find any options to turn it back on. Like you, I liked looking at wait times to see how busy the park was lol. Probably why they turned it off

A park employee told me it was a option on the app to only have it give times in the park like six flags. As a local I used it as a way of deciding to go or not.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Kings Dominion is very similar with their app. Which I found annoying but I can see why if I opened the app and saw a 3 hour wait for I305 (I don't think this has ever happened ever) there is no way in hell I would be going to KD that day

^ Honestly they don’t look as nice as the previous ones in my opinion, but I’m sure the park has their reasons for the change.

Hell, I can't even tell the difference. I'm just glad it still looks awesome. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

^ Honestly they don’t look as nice as the previous ones in my opinion, but I’m sure the park has their reasons for the change.

Hell, I can't even tell the difference. I'm just glad it still looks awesome. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For sure they still look awesome. Is it just me or does the seat padding look a bit different judging by this picture?

...Is it just me or does the seat padding look a bit different judging by this picture?

To me the seat padding looks like it always has...

It might just be the angle of the picture. I don’t remember the padding being all black though, but again, it could be the angle or the lighting.

Regardless, I’m glad to see progress on the ride. Hopefully it reopens sooner than later.

It might just be the angle of the picture. I don’t remember the padding being all black though, but again, it could be the angle or the lighting.

You are correct... They havnen't always been black... (judging by this photo)

b560994b2d8f69a823c6c3bda89310bb.jpg

However, the padding just Velcros in place... So it may be something that DW had been planning on changing because how quickly non-black colors start turning black (See Diamondback at Kings Islands headrest) so maybe they just changed out the Velcro pads while they were making other modifications!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then again, I could be completely wrong! Only time will tell! -------- Personally I'm just glad the freaking ride is finally testing again!!

This is the only coaster where that would be looked at as a major positive...

"Well, it's closed and totally f*cked up... but it's *less* closed and totally f*cked up"

I mean it was testing with water dummies so that has to be a positive sign after months of inactivity.

This is the only coaster where that would be looked at as a major positive...

"Well, it's closed and totally f*cked up... but it's *less* closed and totally f*cked up"

I mean it was testing with water dummies so that has to be a positive sign after months of inactivity.

Wouldn't literally ANYTHING be a positive sign after absolutely NOTHING for the last 3+ months!?!?

Like an employee could walk by the ride and spit on it and that would be something!