TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Have you been to Six Flags over Georgia? It's about 30-40 minutes further from Nashville and their RMC works.

Plus, since you live in Cleveland (according to the thing next to your username) it's a much easier trip to go back to Dollywood whenever you want than it would be to go to SFOG.

Have you been to Six Flags over Georgia? It's about 30-40 minutes further from Nashville and their RMC works.

Plus, since you live in Cleveland (according to the thing next to your username) it's a much easier trip to go back to Dollywood whenever you want than it would be to go to SFOG.

Honestly, Wildwood Grove being rumored for 2019 and Lightning Rod's current troubles are making Six Flags Over Georgia look really good for an autumn trip this year.

I haven't been in this thread much at all but I am surprised the LR is still having issues. Makes me that much happier that we essentially went to get one ride on it year one and left due to heat.

Good point but 10 and half hours to drive in one day back from SFOG is too much/not worth my opinion

Sorry, was more speaking for myself, as it's four hours for me versus Dollywood's eight.

I used to live 3 hours from Dollywood and now I live 7 hours away. It's terrible. Granted where I used to live the closest park was 2.5-3 hours away in Carowinds before Carowinds got really good.

I haven't been in this thread much at all but I am surprised the LR is still having issues. Makes me that much happier that we essentially went to get one ride on it year one and left due to heat.

I feel really lucky because LR was running pretty well when we visited last year. We got 3-4 rides on it each day of our visit and absolutely loved it. It's such a great coaster and the launch is a lot of fun, so I really hope they can get it running consistently. My in-laws live about 1 hour from DW now, so we'll probably visit again next year to check out Wildwood Grove. Hopefully they will have fixed the LR issues by then because I'm dying to ride it again!

On our visit last year LR was only running one train. But luckily I got to ride it and it was great. Mystery Mine was down though so I missed that one.

Speaking of Lightning Rod, has anybody been in the park to get some updates? I thought they should have been finished with retracking by now?

On our visit last year LR was only running one train. But luckily I got to ride it and it was great. Mystery Mine was down though so I missed that one.

Speaking of Lightning Rod, has anybody been in the park to get some updates? I thought they should have been finished with retracking by now?

I’ve been here all week and we’ve yet to see any person or machines or anything in the rides area

I’ve been here all week and we’ve yet to see any person or machines or anything in the rides area

I guess they did not tell you when they expect it to reopen or anything like that? ....

Seems there is a zero chance that it might be open in 2 and a half weeks...

Is anyone at the park today? The app does not say that LR is closed for the day... Just wondering if that is accurate or not as I am in town and would love to stop by if that’s true this evening!

The bay doors on the station are all closed, so I’m honestly not sure if it’ll open soon, if it will open before the winter season. Fall/Luminights starts in September. That’s a very busy time for them coming up.

^ and ^^ thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it! Bummer it’s still closed - for a sec I got excited. Did not see the fine print when clicking on the ride info, appreciate you pointing that out TEDodd. I will still stop by this week but won’t rush.

will still stop by this week but won’t rush.

I'll be in the area next weekend. Not sure what days/times I'll be at DW and/or SC.

Bummer that LR is down again.

Still lots more to do, and many new attractions in the area.