TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

What about this type of pony ride?

That’s the type of pony ride I was suspecting and thought one of the blueprint spots looked like it would be for this type ride. Until I read some comments on social media mentioning live pony rides at Dollywood, it never crossed my mind that this would ever be an option at such a busy park.

I’m truly hoping that Dollywood doesn’t try using live ponies. I know a few of the larger park resort areas offer live ponies, but I personally think it’s a terrible idea and I foresee lots of issues with it.

I doubt Dollywood would do live ponies. You’ve got to maintain the smell for one haha you don’t want a theme park smelling like a rodeo/carnival. The way I see it if people want to ride them Pigeon Forge has plenty of trails along with a petting zoo. The only time I’ve seen Dollywood have an actually horse is during the Harvest festival to help make molasses. Or maybe it’s a donkey...either way haha.

I doubt Dollywood would do live ponies. You’ve got to maintain the smell for one haha you don’t want a theme park smelling like a rodeo/carnival. The way I see it if people want to ride them Pigeon Forge has plenty of trails along with a petting zoo. The only time I’ve seen Dollywood have an actually horse is during the Harvest festival to help make molasses. Or maybe it’s a donkey...either way haha.
Unless they go with the carnival theme it'll add to the area! But yeah I agree, I don't want to smell ponies even if it's a carnival theme lol

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I doubt Dollywood would want to do anything with animals seeing as how much backlash SeaWorld has been / is receiving ... Plus as someone pointed out, their would be increased maintenance and car needed for live animals.
Dollywood Company already has a lot of animals in it's care.. mostly the horses at Dolly Parton's Stampede, but still, I don't see much backlash happening from it..

Groups have just decided to attack SeaWorld for whatever reason.. remember, Disney has a Zoo and Aquarium (Aquariums in Epcot) and while the aquarium isnt anything compared to SeaWorld, Disney's zoo is huge! Yeah they get some backlash but nothing on SeaWorlds level.. Six Flags even opperates zoos fine..

Again, I'm not for live Ponies but I do see Dollywood taking care of them if they had Ponies and I don't see a huge backlash coming from it

Seriously?

Woman Sues Dollywood for $400,000 Over Theme Park Injury

A woman claims she took a trip to Dolly Parton‘s famed amusement park but ended up with a busted wrist, and now she’s suing for damages to the tune of $400,000.

According to documents obtained by The Blast, Judy Eatherton says she was visiting Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN on March 19 of last year. While exiting the Rockin’ Roadway Car Ride Eatherton claims her “foot caught on the side of the ride causing her to be thrown to the ground.” She says her right wrist was fractured in the fall.

The Rockin’ Roadway is advertised as a mild attraction geared towards kids which allows them to sit behind the wheel of classic cars as they cruise along a fixed track. Eatherton says the ride has a big design flaw though; there are no doorways on the cars, so riders must step over the side of the ride. She claims this alleged flaw is what caused her to trip.

Since the fall at Dollywood, she claims to have suffered loss of enjoyment of life, and permanent impairments and disabilities.

Eatherton is suing Dolly Parton productions, and the company that operates Dollywood, for negligence.

Sue happy America.. and the sad thing is, she will get money out of this. $400,000 no but they will settle. I wish companies would stop settling and fight these out. When/if people start loosing over these piss ant suits, maybe they will stop this nonsense lol

$400k because she tripped and hurt her wrist catching the fall? Talk about by he classic slip and fall fraud.

I've tripped and caught my fall before. Never more than a few days discomfort.

Does she weight 300 lbs?

she claims to have suffered loss of enjoyment of life, and permanent impairments and disabilities.

Just because she tripped while stepping out of a car?

I fell off of a slide higher than that car when my foot got caught at the top of the ladder in first grade. I'm still doing fine to this day.

Seriously?

Woman Sues Dollywood for $400,000 Over Theme Park Injury

A woman claims she took a trip to Dolly Parton‘s famed amusement park but ended up with a busted wrist, and now she’s suing for damages to the tune of $400,000.

According to documents obtained by The Blast, Judy Eatherton says she was visiting Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN on March 19 of last year. While exiting the Rockin’ Roadway Car Ride Eatherton claims her “foot caught on the side of the ride causing her to be thrown to the ground.” She says her right wrist was fractured in the fall.

The Rockin’ Roadway is advertised as a mild attraction geared towards kids which allows them to sit behind the wheel of classic cars as they cruise along a fixed track. Eatherton says the ride has a big design flaw though; there are no doorways on the cars, so riders must step over the side of the ride. She claims this alleged flaw is what caused her to trip.

Since the fall at Dollywood, she claims to have suffered loss of enjoyment of life, and permanent impairments and disabilities.

Eatherton is suing Dolly Parton productions, and the company that operates Dollywood, for negligence.

I hate people. Seriously, you tripped while falling out of a kiddie ride. Suck it up and move on. "thrown to the ground", ugh gag me!

I wish that companies could counter-sue these people based on stupidity alone and make them pay the company back just for being dumb and wasting people's precious time.

I broke my wrist playing basketball once, but I didn't sue the county park system where the basketball court was...as Elissa said, I sucked it up and moved on.

Parks in America do to! Dollywood has disclaimers posted various different places.. issues is, in America it doesn't matter.. folks still try and parks or other places will settle

I'm guessing this woman has never ridden an Arrow suspended coaster, and she probably couldn't handle it. From the awkwardness of stepping over the side, while simultaneously ducking under the raised OTSRs, to awkwardly rushing out of there at the end when the airgates open for the next people. I hope her case gets thrown out.