TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

https://blog.dollywood.com/index.php/2018/01/10/what-happens-at-dollywood-in-the-off-season/

I just ran across this on Dollywood's website. Shouldn't expect to expect anything major where Apple Jack's sandwich shop was torn down. It looks like from this that Rivertown Junction is getting the upgrades like Timber Canyon got last off season. It seems that the food eating area would be where the building was. Not exciting, but it did a good job opening things up in Country Fair when they removed Sideshow Spin. I also ate at Aunt Granny's at Christmas, while the food is good, it is very dated looking inside.

I also ate at Aunt Granny's at Christmas, while the food is good, it is very dated looking inside.

Fresh paint would be good, but I hope they don't change it like they did Backstage.

Aunt Granny's dates back to the earliest days as Dollywood (main entrance used to be right across from it, before Showstreet existed)

Just booked Dollywood for my Birthday weekend with my fiance, daughter and her BF. (yeah that sounds weird even saying!)

I can't wait to head back to this park and see all the changes since 2010! Its opening weekend so I'm assuming it will be pretty busy. We are staying at the resort onsite so the perks will be great!

^ Well, you definitely gotta get something(s) totally DRENCHED in you-know-what* for the occasion, hmm?

Happy B-Day In Advance!

*Sprinkles, for those who need to know.

Of course I will! They better just not charge for extra!

Thanks!

Dolly has removed herself from the homecoming Parade. Hmmm. Saying that Dollywood has hogged the spotlight in the area for long enough. Honestly that just sounds odd to me. Thoughts?

Sounds like a combo of she is getting old, and maybe opinions have shifted about her involvement in that specific parade in general. Whereas at one point they probably viewed it as an honor to have her, I could see how today's crowd might interpret it as attention hogging. Just perspective really. I think her getting older and not wanting to get out as much is probably as big a part of it.

This year it's Cal Ripken. You know, it could also be for financial reasons. Who knows how much Dollywood paid to sponsor (if they paid) and maybe someone else decided to pay more? (Ripken built a new facility in the area late 2016) Lots of factors could come to play here.

Maybe the city wanted to change the theme of the parade, they are changing the name of the parade to music in the mountains, so why not the theme?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

^ Maybe she's worried about getting booed after the backlash to the Dixie Stampede name change to just "Dolly Parton's Stampede". People on social media are still livid about it. Could be that by just taking a back seat for a while she's hoping for the controversy to blow over.

Dolly has removed herself from the homecoming Parade. Hmmm. Saying that Dollywood has hogged the spotlight in the area for long enough. Honestly that just sounds odd to me. Thoughts?

Yeah, I'd guess there's more too it, probably medically. She's no spring chicken.

It's probably more along the lines that Hershend/Dollywood has removed Dolly from the annual parade. But anyway, she is planning to be on park Friday, March 16 and Saturday, March 17. Hopefully they will at least have a Festival of Nations parade in the park as in years past.

On a unrelated note, did anyone on here make it out to the park before or after the frigid shutdown on January 1st and 2nd? I am wondering if the lighted butterfly was ever brought back to the Christmas festival anywhere in the park. In recent years, it was hung rather inconspicuously on the side of the Emporium facing the tram pickup pavilion. I expected it to be placed back in it's rightful home where the butterfly "planter" is located, between Showstreet Palace and the Sweet Shoppe, but I didn't see it there when I attended the festival twice in November.

On a unrelated note, did anyone on here make it out to the park before or after the frigid shutdown on January 1st and 2nd? I am wondering if the lighted butterfly was ever brought back to the Christmas festival anywhere in the park. In recent years, it was hung rather inconspicuously on the side of the Emporium facing the tram pickup pavilion. I expected it to be placed back in it's rightful home where the butterfly "planter" is located, between Showstreet Palace and the Sweet Shoppe, but I didn't see it there when I attended the festival twice in November.

I was at the park over xmas week and do not remember seeing this butterfly you speak of. We hung out with Larrygator for 2 days and he's more familiar with the park than I am so maybe he can chime in on if it was there and I simply walked right past it.

I was at the park over xmas week and do not remember seeing this butterfly you speak of. We hung out with Larrygator for 2 days and he's more familiar with the park than I am so maybe he can chime in on if it was there and I simply walked right past it.

I don't recall seeing it, but then again it's not something I was looking for at the time. Maybe it was incorporated into the Parade of Many Colors (which I did not watch).

I don't recall seeing it, but then again it's not something I was looking for at the time. Maybe it was incorporated into the Parade of Many Colors (which I did not watch).

Thanks guys! Unfortunately the early January freeze-out kept me out of Dollywood to see for myself. Perhaps the butterfly was out for repair this time around. Hopefully it will reappear in 2018, just as the Caroling Tree is slated to be new in Wilderness Pass Plaza (former River Battle site).

Just got my hotel room booked for season pass holder day for $27. Score! I saw some people mentioned Dolly would be there that weekend, has that been published anywhere? Just curious.

Also stupid question- if you have a friend that wants to come with you Season pass holder day but they don't have a pass, can they use or buy a regular admission to get in? Didn't know if anyone had previous experience with this issue?

Also stupid question- if you have a friend that wants to come with you Season pass holder day but they don't have a pass, can they use or buy a regular admission to get in? Didn't know if anyone had previous experience with this issue?

Your friend will need a season pass to get in on Friday.

Has anyone heard if they are doing fireworks this year cause the spot that they shot them from in previous years is now being excavated for 2019 do you think this will an off year for them or could they just shoot them from the original spot up on the next to Wild Eagle by the way I’ve always seen the spot next to Wild Eagle near the entrance to Mountain Slidewinder to an area for an Owens Farm expansion with a small flat ride

Has anyone heard if they are doing fireworks this year cause the spot that they shot them from in previous years is now being excavated for 2019 do you think this will an off year for them or could they just shoot them from the original spot up on the next to Wild Eagle by the way I’ve always seen the spot next to Wild Eagle near the entrance to Mountain Slidewinder to an area for an Owens Farm expansion with a small flat ride

https://www.dollywood.com/themepark/Entertainment/Dollys-Nights-Of-Many-Colors