TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

It was kind of an eyesore so a flat would be nice in the area, but also out of place.. I'd imagine they just plan to renovate more this off season (like last season) so probably putting a new shop or restaurant there or something but who knows!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

The train ride has started to actually promote and tease the expansion. They say, like right up near the loop “I bet y’all are wondering what all this dirt is being moved for huh? Well miss Dolly was up here the other day and lost her ear ring and they are trying to find it *guests laugh* nah but seriously, they are making room for Dollywoods biggest expansion in history coming in 2019, but miss Dolly has asked us to keep it a secret for now”

The train ride has started to actually promote and tease the expansion. They say, like right up near the loop “I bet y’all are wondering what all this dirt is being moved for huh? Well miss Dolly was up here the other day and lost her ear ring and they are trying to find it *guests laugh* nah but seriously, they are making room for Dollywoods biggest expansion in history coming in 2019, but miss Dolly has asked us to keep it a secret for now”

Very interesting. When I visited this summer I was eyeing that plot of land. Im excited to see what it will be.

In the first video around the 1:30 mark where the fresh dirt ends at the train track on the way back down i noticed some orange marker ribbon on a few trees on the other side on the track in the woods. Not sure if there is any plan for construction to maybe go under the track to the other side? Or it could be something to do with something else or nothing at all?

Forgot this one

^ I could see that as well
Exactly and like I said in an earlier post, looking at Google Maps, that area is the closest area to the service road where the new area is being built making it fairly easy (with landwork of course) to link it there.. Who knows though, but several of the Dollywood hub areas have a large show venue around that area! I have always felt like the show areas was Dollywoods way of separating the different themes!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Thank god I don't live anywhere near Dollywood. I'd be so f*cking fat.

All you need now is for the Margaritaville in Pigeon Forge to sell the cinnamon bread.

I've got to level with you, they should consider it because right now the Margaritaville in Pigeon Forge sucks.

I know, I know... I'm a terrible parrothead, but it's the lamest Margaritaville I've ever seen in my life. Like, we had a great time... but come on. Get with the program, Pigeon Forge. The one in Niagara Falls that didn't even have Landshark at the Landshark Bar was better.

I don't expect every one to be like the one at City Walk , but a little effort would be nice.

That said, I still got hammered there and bought a Margaritaville in Pigeon Forge T-Shirt.