TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

At Dollywood today and I'd say their are less than 1000 guest in the entire park.. possibly less than 500! You can walk entire sections and see no one other than host..

I'm planning to visit Dollywood this December and so I went ahead and got the app just to see how it worked. I was looking at the ride wait times today and I thought there must be something wrong because everything said 0 minutes!

Nope, they were 100% correct.. I even saw a few LR launches with only 4 - 6 people! You could choose your seat and they had all rows open.. Wild Eagle was closed most of the day due to wasps (or so the sign said) but opened at night.. I road blazing fury 6 times and 5 of those 6 (all at different times, not in a row) it was only me and my GF on it.. saw a lot of trains on rides run empty just so they wouldn't be setting..

Good day but probably a money loss day for Dollywood

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Walked on Wild Eagle almost every time today. Seven rides total on WE. We only got one on Tennessee Tornado. For some reason my daughter hasn't liked a single Arrow coaster we've been on.

We were first in line waiting for LR to open at 2. The screen outside went from blank to Temporarily Closed. So we hit Firechaser, Wild Eagle, TT, and Blazing Fury. When we came out of BF the app said LR was open with 20 minute wait. We got almost to the platform when it broke down again. So we went to Thunderhead. We both loved it and ended up riding it 3 times. App says LR had opened again so we head over. It was running and we were next in line when it broke down again. So we went for night rides on WE and Thunderhead. Firechaser line was crazy so we decided to call it a night.

I checked the app as we got close to LR on the way out and it was running! We got a walk on back seat ride and then a two ride wait for front. Then the masses figured out it was running so we bugged out to beat the crowds. I have to go back and ride LR during the day. It was great. I really didn't think we were going to get that one.

All in all a great day in a fun park. WE was probably my favorite then LR and Thunderhead. I thought it was odd they wouldn't let you stay on a coaster if there was no one in line. SFoG tomorrow!

You on IOS? Android ride times are working fine but not sure if the app received an update or not.. I update all my apps in the morning and I had about 15 updates today.. no pending updates as of now so it probably updated this morning

Ride wait times are working fine for me and I updated the app about an hour ago (IOS for me). I really like the new update. In addition to the wait times, it also mentions the height requirements of that specific ride right next to the current wait. Ride descriptions have also been added to the wait times list. The app pretty much has a whole new look.

For Christmas this year, is Dollywood doing the "After 3, Next Day Free" thing? If so, does it start at a different time of day than 3pm? My friend is hoping to go to DW and would be wanting to go one afternoon/evening and then for half a day the next day.

If they do it's not "next day after 3" it's normally a later time to get in the next day free.. gotta remember, most days the park doesn't open until 2 this time of year.. they would be basically giving all guest a free day lol

Last minute deciding to visit Dollywood today and Wednesday (bought season passes for use all next year as well)! Crossing my fingers that on my fifth and sixth visits to the park since LR opened, we'll get a ride in. Also looking forward to the lights, shows, and cinnamon bread.

^It should say a little bit about how much I love that bread that I live 8 hours away and purchased a season pass. And that for whatever reason I've never even purchased a season pass for Kennywood, my home park which is 20 minutes away.

I'm 12 hours away, and I haven't yet pulled the trigger on purchasing the season passes, but I'm going to soon. Dollywood was the surprise highlight of this past summer's road trip with my son, and after discussing it with my wife and selling her on it, we're going to be spending five nights in Pigeon Forge from the 14th through the 19th of December. The kiddo's already super excited to get back and get that one coaster he wasn't quite tall enough to measure up for during the summer, the wife has been blown away by everything she's seen about the Christmas event they run, and the kiddette... well... I'm just hoping that she doesn't scream too much during the 12 hours in the car on the way down.

Are there any discounts available for the season passes, or is the current price on the website as good as it's going to get?

The Dollywood season pass is a great deal. Brit and I generally go during Smoky Mountain Christmas and get a pass every other year since if you buy it during Smoky Mountain Christmas it's good for the duration of the event and the entire next season also. One of us generally gets gold so we can get free parking and discounts on in-park spending. The other gets a regular pass. Since it pays for itself in less than two visits, everyone should look into it when visiting Dollywood.

For Christmas this year, is Dollywood doing the "After 3, Next Day Free" thing? If so, does it start at a different time of day than 3pm? My friend is hoping to go to DW and would be wanting to go one afternoon/evening and then for half a day the next day.

For the Christmas Event, I believe it is after 6pm. You can always call the park and ask to be sure. I have a season pass so I never pay attention to that.

Exactly, I know last year they offered it but it wasn't after 3 (bc the park didn't open until to), but I don't know what time. Like the other poster posted, six sounds right. Just give them a call don't email, it takes weeks for them to reply (I have done that)

Looks like Dollywood is extending their season by two days this year.. they added the 2nd and 3rd of January to their schedule.. those in town might wanna check it out

Dollywood extends Smoky Mountain Christmas Festival dates

https://search.app.goo.gl/g9Pf

Shared from my Google feed