TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

^ As a huge Christmas light fanatic, that was an interesting read!! Thanks for sharing!!

...they begin installing lights in July...

Now, my neighbors need to stop complaining when I start installing lights on my house in September!

So I'm an idiot and drove to Dollywood today before checking their hours to see them closed! Why not keep the Halloween stuff open until Halloween! Heck, even SFOG is open today and tomorrow! Lol

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Dollywood has the 2018 Season Pass Deal up on Dollywood.com. They have the 6 month payment plan and buy 2018 and get this Christmas Free.

For the past few years, they have also given bring a friend free tickets at Christmas with the renewal of a pass. Any word on that promotion?

So I'm an idiot and drove to Dollywood today before checking their hours to see them closed! Why not keep the Halloween stuff open until Halloween! Heck, even SFOG is open today and tomorrow! Lol

I've done that once before, but thankfully it was on the way to another park so I didn't go out of my way. Hopefully it wasn't too long of a drive, but it certainly taught me a lesson.

^ As a huge Christmas light fanatic, that was an interesting read!! Thanks for sharing!!

Now, my neighbors need to stop complaining when I start installing lights on my house in September! [emoji38]

Some of the lights never come down either I have seen some of the lights still up in April lol

Now, my neighbors need to stop complaining when I start installing lights on my house in September!

Thank you so much. It was really cool to see the behind the scenes work that goes on to make it happen. I got some more articles to come and I hope to answer more ride questions in some of them.

Thank you so much. It was really cool to see the behind the scenes work that goes on to make it happen. I got some more articles to come and I hope to answer more ride questions in some of them.

Ride questions such as?

^Not exactly sure what you are asking. Last year, for each season pass bought you got three buddy passes. One pass was good during the Smoky Mountain Christmas Festival, one was available during a time period in Spring (something like late April - Mid May) and the last one was available from August 14th - September 1st.

Edited by ernierocker

With the 'bring a friend' promotion... Can each pass holder use both on one day? Ie- four friends come in to the park?
Like Ernierocker said, last year each pass had a date range it had to be used during.. so if you got two friend passes for buying a season pass one had to be used during date range a and the second during date range b. Simple answer is no, they couldn't be used at the same time.

It might change this year but I doubt it.. friend passes have worked this way for several years.. I never use mine

Ride questions such as?

I’ve got a couple of ride articles coming, due to the confidentiality agreement I can’t share the titles are anything about them till they come out. If you have any ride questions you want answered I can always ask and see if I can do an article on it.

Lucky for them having 30 people to do lights, we only have like three or five? We do them in the same style as well on the buildings. Since we only have around half a million we start in late August/early September. The trees we tend to keep up year round though we do have to re-do them every couple of years. If you are in Colorado, you should come up and check it out!

I’ve got a couple of ride articles coming, due to the confidentiality agreement I can’t share the titles are anything about them till they come out. If you have any ride questions you want answered I can always ask and see if I can do an article on it.

When will they come out?

Edited by ernierocker

Was at the park Saturday and rode the train. Saw the large area they are clearing. I'm excited to hear the plans for this site!

On another note the locomotive operating was "Cinderella". Cinderella was supposed to be removed from operation in August for a refurb, and the other locomotive "Klondike Katie" was supposed to be put back into service. On a visit I had in August Katie was operating, but a problem forced the train to stall and an evacuation had to take place. Anyone know if Katie has been operating at all since? Looks like they might have had to put that locomotive back to rehab??

I see Tapatalk is giving you issues as well.. the last visit that I actually paid attention to the train, Klondike Katie was running. That has been a while ago now but was also after your post so idk lol

Also if you want the inside scoop on how they get ready for Christmas and what’s it going to be like this year checkout my 1st Dollywood Insider Post. https://insiders.dollywood.com/from-harvest-to-holly-jolly-a-dollywood-festival-transformation/

Just curious, do you know where the Carol of the Trees is located this year? I don’t see it listed anywhere on Dollywood.com and it’s not shown on the new online Entertainment Schedule for this weekend. Has it returned to Rivertown Junction?

Probably back in it's original location, that's really the only location with water (if they want to keep it around water). Last year they setup the Carol of Trees very early in October.. I visited several times in October this year and it was never setup, but I can't imagine it being anywhere else if they set it ip this year. Id imagine the large tree will be setup though, even if they don't do the Carol of trees.. They might move the tree to outside the park ticket windows like Disney, and a lot of other pakrs do with their large trees. That's one possibility

^^^With the Carol of the Trees not showing on the website or on the Entertainment Schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if they have put it on hiatus this year. Perhaps it will be receiving a revamp for 2018 and will return with updated technology, effects and sound presentation. It has been difficult to hear it in recent years when it was in Timber Canyon, with the volume either being too low or it was competing with the park "background" music. (I remember when it used to include a small Fireworks finale as well!)