TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Heard from the people at Red's they were only running half a train to reduce the stress on the track.

Since when are "the people at Red's" a reliable source for information? I only trust the Dippin' Dots guy across the street.

Heard from the people at Red's they were only running half a train to reduce the stress on the track.

Since when are "the people at Red's" a reliable source for information? I only trust the Dippin' Dots guy across the street.

Evidently the grill cook used to be a ride op on Blazing Fury, so he's got connections.

If they need to reduce stress on the track this early in the coasters life, they might as well tear it down..

I don't believe that at all haha

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Someone reset the timer. Let's see if LR can stay 'technically' open for an entire week, before closing for a month.

I guess that I just got lucky because it was open every day of our stay last month (June 25-30) with minimal downtime. It opened with the park each morning (or shortly thereafter) and we got 2-3 rides a day on it. It was only running one train but at least it was operating pretty consistently. Hopefully it will stay open for everyone that has trips planned because it really is a hell of a ride!

So I watched them all day and yes I got on the first train of the day as well as got 5 rides in. They attempted to get 2 trains in for about 2-3 hours. It was originally planned to open at 3, instead opened at 5:15. The 2nd train didn't work. What is it with 2 trains? I'm happy with 1 train op as long as it runs

Guess it does seem like they were trying to get that second train added while the ride was down. If that's the only reason the ride has been down for the past week, that's pretty cruddy they haven't been running it with the one operational train.

Retrain him if you want it to look good on paper. However, give a human a monotonous job and all the training in the world and you will still see these simple errors. I'm not saying it's OK, but it will happen.

I believe there was a time this summer where Emily's restraint wasn't checked somewhere, but I can't recall the specific example.

THis happened to my uncle on Boomerang last week at SFDK. She walked right by him. A bit surprising maybe but like you said...it happens and as long as you're paying attention yourself, nothing to really write home about.

From what I could tell, that was the delay today. The launch packed one heck of a punch today and it was my 15th time. At the base of the launch they did have mist running this time because temps touched 98. I am feeling that trying to get that second train on though was a problem.

Were they assigning seats? Filling the whole train or only half of it? Today it's up after opening late and waits are 100 minutes. I'm so freaking excited to get on it. LR, please, please, please, please, please still be working on Monday! I hope Mystery Mine is working too since I know a lot of people say it's great.

From what I could tell, that was the delay today. The launch packed one heck of a punch today and it was my 15th time. At the base of the launch they did have mist running this time because temps touched 98. I am feeling that trying to get that second train on though was a problem.

Were they assigning seats? Filling the whole train or only half of it? Today it's up after opening late and waits are 100 minutes. I'm so freaking excited to get on it. LR, please, please, please, please, please still be working on Monday! I hope Mystery Mine is working too since I know a lot of people say it's great.

Yes they were assigning seats. Ever since I've ridden back in November they've assigned. It makes things moves as fast as possible. Fast passes honestly are what slow things down because LR's dispatches are pretty fast. And yes every seat was filled up. When I first got my two back to back rides in yesterday the wait built up from 0 mins to 15mins to 60mins after I got off of my second round. It was like a stampeded of people running and screaming. Grown parents with children running haha

Yes they were assigning seats. Ever since I've ridden back in November they've assigned. It makes things moves as fast as possible. Fast passes honestly are what slow things down because LR's dispatches are pretty fast. And yes every seat was filled up. When I first got my two back to back rides in yesterday the wait built up from 0 mins to 15mins to 60mins after I got off of my second round. It was like a stampeded of people running and screaming. Grown parents with children running haha

It was like a Black Friday stampede a couple weeks ago at Cedar Point when TTD finally opened after several days of being down so I know what you mean haha. Assigned seats is fine with me as long as it keeps the line moving.

Does DW have loose article bins? I have a very small fanny pack I wear with my phone and eye drops plus contacts case inside but I carry a regular clear water bottle around with me. Are there any rides that require a bunny (or a bush, right Bert and Bill? Ugh.) oe are there bins on the ride platforms that I can set the bottle in? Speaking of water, am I allowed to bring in an unopened bottle of water along with me into the park?

Does DW have loose article bins? I have a very small fanny pack I wear with my phone and eye drops plus contacts case inside but I carry a regular clear water bottle around with me. Are there any rides that require a bunny (or a bush, right Bert and Bill? Ugh.) oe are there bins on the ride platforms that I can set the bottle in? Speaking of water, am I allowed to bring in an unopened bottle of water along with me into the park?

All of the rides have bins to put your stuff in and most of the time the employees will put it in the bins for you. (Daredevil Falls, the log flume, is the only ride I can think of that doesn't have bins, so you have to take everything with you on it.) Dollywood has a no outside food or drink policy, but I don't know if that applies to unopened water bottles.

Dollywood has a no outside food or drink policy, but I don't know if that applies to unopened water bottles.

After being on hold for almost 30 minutes someone finally answered the phone to take my water question. She said at first that if it's sealed and in my hand it should be fine but then said NO outside food or drink is allowed. Well that's clear as mud.

"Ok, just to make sure I understand - an unopened Dasani water bottle would or would not be permitted?"

"Honey, there are security stations you have to go through and I really don't know if they'll make you dump it out or not."

"Gotcha. So it's possible they may make me just dump it but then I could refill the empty bottle inside the park?"

"There are free ice waters available at the food vendors so I'd just go there. OK?"

I'll try with an unopened bottle next week and will report back in case others have the same question. If they confiscate it I'll buy one from a drink place I guess. Little dixie cups of water aren't sufficient for my hydration requirements unfortunately but it's nice they offer that.

It was like a Black Friday stampede a couple weeks ago at Cedar Point when TTD finally opened after several days of being down so I know what you mean haha. Assigned seats is fine with me as long as it keeps the line moving.

After going to the park that many times with the ride closed, you can bet I'd be in that stampede too. Hopefully Mufasa isn't in my way.

My friend brought an empty water bottle with him into the park that he refilled throughout the day.

I'll try with an unopened bottle next week and will report back in case others have the same question. If they confiscate it I'll buy one from a drink place I guess. Little dixie cups of water aren't sufficient for my hydration requirements unfortunately but it's nice they offer that.

I've gone in with bottled water before and had no issues getting in with them.

Thanks Canobie and bgtlover for confirming that a water bottle is permitted! Another question regarding my trip... we are traveling with my dog and I'll need to leave the park at some point in the afternoon to drive back to our pet friendly rental cabin and let him out for a bit. Are you allowed re-entry to the parking lot with your paid parking receipt for that day? Or are they going to want to charge us twice in the same day like Carowinds tried to pull one time?

Thanks Canobie and bgtlover for confirming that a water bottle is permitted! Another question regarding my trip... we are traveling with my dog and I'll need to leave the park at some point in the afternoon to drive back to our pet friendly rental cabin and let him out for a bit. Are you allowed re-entry to the parking lot with your paid parking receipt for that day? Or are they going to want to charge us twice in the same day like Carowinds tried to pull one time?

They have a awesome kennel at Dollywood called Doggywood that I highly recommend. Also you can go see your dog as many times throughout the day as you want.

http://www.dollywood.com/themepark/Guest-Services/Doggywood

A small flat going in Country Fair to replace Astroturf: The Ride (former Sideshow Spin location). The que building is still there, so who knows. It would be nice to see Dollywood get a version of The Rattler (pendulum ride) like sister park, Wild Adventures. But it wouldn't fit it that old footprint anyway.

Actually it would fit. Those plots are about the same size, with Sideshow Spin's being a little bigger. I think one would be a big hit at Dollywood. The one at Wild Adventures is the only "frisbee" type ride I've been on so far and loved it (and I don't generally like spinning rides).

[attachment=0]rattlersideshowspin.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks posting this BGTLover with the detailed measurements! It would be a nice addition to Country Fair, which would breath some new life and excitement into that side of the park. Hopefully the Executives over attractions development will consider adding one in the future.