TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Lightning rod was testing two trains with a large group of people. Expect it to open by later today or tomorrow.

Is it in technical rehearsal or is it just staff?

Technically it's not been officially closed if you go by the sign out front and the statement on their site.. This has been posted on the site and out front of the park for a few weeks now.. they aren't calling it technical ride rehearsal though and haven't been.. but other than listing it for weeks as CD in the parks app, the park never officially closed the ride so they could open it to guest at anytime I'd imagine

With this being said, I doubt they will open it today with the app saying CD.. they very well could open it tomorrow though.

IMPORTANT NOTE: As Lightning Rod’s manufacturer, Rocky Mountain Construction, is working to improve the operational consistency of the ride and elevate its performance to Dollywood’s high standards, Lightning Rod’s running schedule will be irregular and subject to periodic closures.  We apologize for any disappointment and inconvenience. Please enjoy Dollywood’s newest thrill, Drop Line or one of our other family attractions

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Lightning rod was testing two trains with a large group of people. Expect it to open by later today or tomorrow.

Is it in technical rehearsal or is it just staff?

Technically it's not been officially closed if you go by the sign out front and the statement on their site.. This has been posted on the site and out front of the park for a few weeks now.. they aren't calling it technical ride rehearsal though and haven't been.. but other than listing it for weeks as CD in the parks app, the park never officially closed the ride so they could open it to guest at anytime I'd imagine

With this being said, I doubt they will open it today with the app saying CD.. they very well could open it tomorrow though.

IMPORTANT NOTE: As Lightning Rod’s manufacturer, Rocky Mountain Construction, is working to improve the operational consistency of the ride and elevate its performance to Dollywood’s high standards, Lightning Rod’s running schedule will be irregular and subject to periodic closures.  We apologize for any disappointment and inconvenience. Please enjoy Dollywood’s newest thrill, Drop Line or one of our other family attractions

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

You are probably right about it opening tomorrow, the whole park is closed for weather currently anyways.

"Power Of The Pig" Indeed!

My recent piggie is courtesy of my roomie Bert, during our Cedar Point visit.

He won it with a bunch of tickets from his Wonder Woman arcade game!

IMG_4051.JPG.3c73c496c77ac1d1bf8fbbbee9cf2624.JPG

And now, back to our regular DOLLYWOOD chatting thread....

And our lucky winners, are those who had June 16th in their Office Pool!

What if I had June 16, 2018 in my pool!??!

You get $5 still. Not a bad prize for being partly clairvoyant! (Besides, it'll likely break down again before then, so you could still be a winner!!!)

B-But...we just switched our plans to go to Kings Island instead...

Either way, good for the park getting it back up and running. Hopefully it's more consistent. Maybe I can swing a visit later this summer.

Switch them back. If not Dollywood is less then 4 hours from kings island Ohio.

Great day to be at the park!!!!

No kidding, I will be there from June 25-30th, so hopefully those wait times stay that way!

Make room in your top 10 for Dollywood's coasters. Vegas is my favorite non amusement park!

B-But...we just switched our plans to go to Kings Island instead...

Either way, good for the park getting it back up and running. Hopefully it's more consistent. Maybe I can swing a visit later this summer.

Switch them back. If not Dollywood is less then 4 hours from kings island Ohio.

I wouldn't switch anything back until it gets at least a week of consistent full day operations .