TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

You get drops on you in most seats. Though on my one ride in the front, your shoes could get drenched after the lift if you don't lift up your feet.

Cool. Anyone who has ridden Escape from Pompeii at Busch Gardens Williamsburg immediately learns to pick their feet up at the top of any flume lift! The whole nose of the boat intentionally goes underwater on that, ugh. Thanks for chiming in as well jonskinny - will sit somewhere not in the front and enjoy the ride!

There was some pretty consistent testing today from around 2 PM or so till storms shut down all rides at around 6:15. Then at closing around 8:00, Rod resumed testing and continued up through 8:20 when we left the park.

Hopefully the testing today and the track walking means it could reopen soon. I got really excited after Thursday's testing last week but it never reopened while I was down there.

I'm still pegging that it reopens tomorrow per Murphy's Law how I left the region.

Just spent about three hours in the lazy river at splash country, headed over to Dollywood now as the crowds look very low today and check a few things out

So LR is still testing..

BBQ in market square isn't the good BBQ they have had in the past. Actually, they are making nothing fresh in the seasonal booth (where the stir fry was cooked and where BBQ is normally cooked) it has smoothies and salads.. Overall another food quality downhill issue for Dollywood

Other than that, it's been a great day so far

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Just spent about three hours in the lazy river at splash country, headed over to Dollywood now as the crowds look very low today and check a few things out

So LR is still testing..

BBQ in market square isn't the good BBQ they have had in the past. Actually, they are making nothing fresh in the seasonal booth (where the stir fry was cooked and where BBQ is normally cooked) it has smoothies and salads.. Overall another food quality downhill issue for Dollywood

During BBQ & Bluegrass one of the cooks told me that people got offended by the roasting pig so they didn't have a grill any meat in the open like they used to do.

As to LR, I overheard the Dippin Dots lady say the 17th.

During BBQ & Bluegrass one of the cooks told me that people got offended by the roasting pig so they didn't have a grill any meat in the open like they used to do.

You have got to be kidding me.

Welcome to Murica' ... Where i̶d̶i̶o̶t̶s̶ ... I mean... someone always gets offended by everything, which ruins it for everyone else.

You have got to be kidding me.

Seriously. Even as a Muslim (meaning I can't eat pork) I think that is BS. How is roasting a pig (something that has been done for centuries) offensive in the slightest?

Do they make other meats out in the open?

So LR is still testing..

As to LR, I overheard the Dippin Dots lady say the 17th.

Wonder if this is true or just another cost cutting thing. With the other food changes, I'm not so sure I believe it. But that's just me lol

I will say the BBQ didn't taste fresh like it has in the past.. it tasted like Cade's Cove heat and serve BBQ lol

Edited by dstephe9