TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I've got a bit of an odd souvenir-related question. I went to Dollywood recently and bought one of the name mugs for a friend, but it broke on the way back, and I'm nowhere near Pigeon Forge normally. Is there anyone here who is

1) Going to Dollywood soon anyway

2) Willing to pick up a name mug and ship it if I reimburse you for your troubles?

Call Dollywood.. I had a friend once who had a quality issue with something, they called Dollywood and they replaced it over he phone.. I'd imagine they might be able to sell you one over the phone to? It'll be a few weeks before I'm back to Dollywood (very busy month at work) or I'd love to help you out.. I bet Dollywood can take care of you though!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the night ride suggestions! We'll be there for Saturday and it's open a little later. We're going back for the first half of Sunday before our flight home so that would be cool if LR miraculously opens this weekend.

Lightning Rod has been testing with 2 full trains. They're sending them out fast.

This is the best news I've heard all day! We're headed to DW in 3 weeks and I'm really hoping to get at least one ride on LR.

Based on what I'm seeing today, I think you should be good in 3 weeks. I'm hopeful they'll get it running by Tuesday but I'm not too sure how lucky I'll be.

Yeah, I'll be there Tuesday as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as well. I got super lucky last year with it, and a repeat of that would be top.

Thanks for the night ride suggestions! We'll be there for Saturday and it's open a little later. We're going back for the first half of Sunday before our flight home so that would be cool if LR miraculously opens this weekend.

This Saturday Dollywood is only open until 9. You're not really going to get a true night ride then. Sunset ride, yes, but it's still fairly light at that time.

This Saturday Dollywood is only open until 9. You're not really going to get a true night ride then. Sunset ride, yes, but it's still fairly light at that time.

This time of year, being right beside the mountains here, it's fairly dark at nine.. yeah not pitch black or anything.. with that being said, you will pretty much have to ride right at 9 (closing) to experience a fairly dark ride.. but dont expect pitch black yet.. Sun drops pretty quickly between 8:30 and 9:00 around here though

Exactly, looking out my window now, the wooded areas are fairly dark.. not black, and you can clearly see but it would be a decent night ride.. open areas, where the sky can be seen, has that "sunset" "dusk" look so plenty of visible light

I think we've had a hunch Lightning Rod wouldn't open this weekend and this is another sign. Lightning Rod, as of yesterday, was listed as the ride for Saturday morning's season pass holder ERT. I noticed today it was changed to Tennessee Tornado.

IMG_6890.thumb.PNG.641124512f466c25935b312a1ac64184.PNG

As of today

IMG_6891.thumb.PNG.fcb42a517fb5895dcd930deb0f80d944.PNG

As of yesterday

Yeah google keeps telling me that Dollywood is on Central time, so I figured it might be pretty dark by then being on the far eastern side of the time zone. But after going for a couple hours tonight I see that they're on Eastern time so we won't really have any nights rides. The park is beautiful though, same with the Smoky Mountains. It was pretty empty, we made one lap around the park riding all the coasters plus Daredevil Falls and Drop Line before leaving because we're going to Carowinds tomorrow. We also watched Lightning Rod test for a few minutes. We'll be back Saturday all day and Sunday morning and I'm really excited to go back. I can see why people love this park so much.

Yeah google keeps telling me that Dollywood is on Central time, so I figured it might be pretty dark by then being on the far eastern side of the time zone. But after going for a couple hours tonight I see that they're on Eastern time so we won't really have any nights rides. The park is beautiful though, same with the Smoky Mountains. It was pretty empty, we made one lap around the park riding all the coasters plus Daredevil Falls and Drop Line before leaving because we're going to Carowinds tomorrow. We also watched Lightning Rod test for a few minutes. We'll be back Saturday all day and Sunday morning and I'm really excited to go back. I can see why people love this park so much.

Yeah, Google's wrong about that....

But you can check out my TR to see how the fireworks look at park closing. I mean, you can see them, but just barely. That's Dollywood at 9PM just a couple of weeks ago, and since sunset gets later as we go toward summer solstice, it's going to be about that dark for you next weekend.

20170528_204407.thumb.jpg.08d04033213121b958169d13b79578e2.jpg