TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Aunt Grannies buffet or I really enjoyed Front Porch Cafe.. Front Porch probably has some of the freshest food on property

Front Porch is brand new and they make the food fresh so it might be slightly slow.. but it's worth it especially on a hot day to rest for 45 mins or so

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I really like Miss Lillian's all you care to eat, the fried chicken is much better than I expected. Never tried Aunt Granny's but have heard it's inferior.

I'm heading off to the park soon, at the very least I'll see what the testing status of LR is and post here with any interesting updates.

Miss Lillian's is one of those that went down hill a little bit this year.. Aunt Grannies is essentially the same when it comes to sides but for main entrees it has more to offer.. Aunt Grannies does have fried chicken but if you want chicken Lillian's is the place to go.. but if you have kids who like tacos or hot dogs and then adults who like stuff other than chicken, Grannies is probably your better choice. Grannies seems to always have a line but is also Air Conditioned.. Lillian's has very limited indoor seating with AC. Most of it's seating is cover outdoor seating and it is usually fairly warm

If you like meatloaf, fresh burgers, and that type of stuff choose front porch cafe..

Also, this is BBQ time! Don't buy it at the BBQ restaurant but in the past, the market square booths had amazing BBQ that was much better than the BBQ year round restaurants.. with that being said, I haven't tried the BBQ this year and for festival of Nations the Asian went way downhill in market square vs the Asian from last year.. hopefully this didn't happen to the BBQ

Edited by dstephe9

I believe the subpar Asian-inspired food is still there even after FON.

Don't eat it. Avoid it like the plague.

Other places I suggest avoiding:

* Lumberjack's (such a shame)

* Red's (okayish)

* Anywhere in the county fair area

Edited by LukeFlynn

It was asian about 4 weeks ago but now that BBQ festival is actually over (I didn't realize it ended this weekend) it probably is back to asian

Last summer though they kept BBQ most of the summer.. bummer if they don't have it in Market Square this year.. another food quality drop

It was asian about 4 weeks ago but now that BBQ festival is actually over (I didn't realize it ended this weekend) it probably is back to asian

Darn! I thought it was next weekend for some reason, was looking forward to seeing that. Oh well.

Darn! I thought it was next weekend for some reason, was looking forward to seeing that. Oh well.

I did to! But it was May 26 - June 4th.. I can't believe I missed it.. been a busy few weeks lol

If the chicken truck down around LR is open (it's only open about 50% of my trips) it had very good chicken.. food truck quality chicken so greasy deep fried chicken breast and good fries.. I enjoy it anyways but I have always enjoyed unhealthy food truck food anyways haha

Why does Dolly have to tease me? Watching it test both trains again. It looks like it's running consistently.

Where did you end up having lunch and how was it?

Bad News, Good News... I have a good feeling it will be sometime next week before we see it open back for GP to ride. They are doing some serious testing hopefully working out the problems and coming up with some solutions to the issues plaguing LR. I know that suck for those now through the weekend, but hopefully it will be better long run.

Bad News, Good News... I have a good feeling it will be sometime next week before we see it open back for GP to ride. They are doing some serious testing hopefully working out the problems and coming up with some solutions to the issues plaguing LR. I know that suck for those now through the weekend, but hopefully it will be better long run.

Is that a gut feeling or...? (I'm going this weekend and really hoping it's open.)

Is that a gut feeling or...? (I'm going this weekend and really hoping it's open.)

The only thing I can say is don't go this weekend hoping it's open as that's not the plan. The good news is it's seems to be testing great and anything could happen. Sorry I can't be anymore help then that as I can't revile my source.

Where did you end up having lunch and how was it?

Everywhere was super busy so we just ended up getting a pulled pork burger and chicken tenders, pretty average. Can't remember what the place was called.

We had a good two days at the park, we just had to try keep lightning rod out of our minds. Might come back in 5 years or so, it should be reliable by then.

So I just talked to Grandpa and the boy. They talked to one of the maintenance guys while the boy longingly watched LRod test for about an hour. He said that they were "fine tuning" so that they could correct the consistency problems and run at full capacity. If the speculation on this thread is correct about weight/sensors then perhaps they are just keeping it down until they can reliably run it with a full train. He said a week or so. Take out of that what you all will, but that's the report I got.

Good news is my son said he loved the park and all the other coasters and is looking forward to coming back in the future and hopefully finally getting to ride the damn thing. Oh and they did find the Smokey Mountain Coaster. So he added 9 to his count this week, bringing him up to 86, which means he will hit #100 when we go to SFMM in a few weeks.