TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

It appears that more rides have been added to timesaver this year, unless I'm wrong. I was looking at the list and noticed more rides listed there compared to last year. Let's see how it works out this year.

I will be at the park tomorrow for passholder preview day. I'm really looking forward to getting more laps in on Lightning Rod and checking out the changes that were made around the park during the off-season!!

Jealous.. I wanted to for season preview pass day, we're heading down Saturday morning and staying at Dreammore, since my friend couldn't get Friday off, not to mention I would have had to ended up working thanks to mandatory overtime. I've never been to Dollywood on opening day, so I'm excited.

I was planning Friday to put my GF couldn't get off either.. I'll be there either Saturday or Sunday.. or maybe both! Sunday is supposed to be sunny but a little cool.

I always go a few times during opening week..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I was planning Friday to put my GF couldn't get off either.. I'll be there either Saturday or Sunday.. or maybe both! Sunday is supposed to be sunny but a little cool.

I always go a few times during opening week..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We're leaving Nashville around 8am saturday, and spending some of the day Saturday and most of the day Sunday. The earliest I've ever visited in the past has been mid April, at least it's not supposed to be as cold as it was in Atlanta last Sunday.

I haven't been keeping up, it seems they're moving from the qbot system, to a wristband valid for only 10 rides. Which, for $35 still isn't that bad of a deal.

That kinda sucks. While I've never used it (never long enough lines when I was there), it seamed like a good system before, but less so now with a 10 ride limit.

And what about shows? Added limits there or just dropped completely?

I'd love to here the reasoning for the changes.

New employee news letter is out on the last page some awesome news for us!!!!

Big News on Lightning Rod!!!!!!

Notice it says 230 foot drop tower

Glad to see some more proof of Drop Line being 230ft vs 200ft. I know it's a relatively small amount of distance to effect the drop time, but the extra 30ft should really increase the view of the spectacular scenery Dollywood is surrounded by on the way up.

According to Twitter, Lightning Rod is testing. It was 31 degrees when the park opened this morning and is just now getting over 40, so I assume everything has been closed until now.

I'll be at the park for a few hours later today, and all day tomorrow! Looking forward to reuniting with Lightning Rod for the first time since July.

So far I'm enjoying my day at the park. I managed to get one lap in on Lightning Rod this morning shortly after it opened. After walking up to Timber Canyon, I snapped some quick pictures of Drop Line and Whistle Punk Chaser's construction:

IMG_4191.thumb.JPG.715359150a76301a32e1961e40ca9f09.JPG

Drop Line appears to be moving pretty quickly on construction.

IMG_4192.thumb.JPG.d3d83de0dcd3c0d2e823b09f616f1453.JPG

Here's a closer look

IMG_4193.thumb.JPG.257ce160c079a5f7b365dee08de16677.JPG

Whistle Punk Chaser coming along nicely

EDIT: I recant that statement, don't let the appearance fool you! The pizza sauce has changed into some overly sweet lunchable-esque marinara. The cheese is also very low quality. I'm very disappointed with Dollywood's food offerings this year, everything is made very early in advanced to all of it is cold.

I rode in the back row on LR twice, there is no more pothole!

Thank goodness. On my one back row ride last year I tweaked my neck so bad it made the rest of the ride very unenjoyable for me. Made me want to sit toward the front for the rest of my rides. Can't wait to go back this year!

^Yes, Sideshow Spin is offically gone. Nothing but turf and sitting areas there now.

That stinks about the pizza. I ate at Miss Lillians earlier and I found the food there being better compared to last season, quality wise.

Unfortunately, the trunks have not returned. Kinda surprising since Pete himself said they were gonna re-install them during the offseason. Other than that, my ride on Lightning Rod was great. I do not recall seeing any rows closed off.

Lol.

In all seriousness I've been watching the app all day and it seems it's been running very well. Glad it seems like it's been figured out.

it's a Rocky Mountain Conspiracy.

I asked the ops, it's not having rollback issues, their elevator is broken and they seem to be fixing it and doing some train maintenance at the same time.

Edited by LukeFlynn