TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Monday (5/8) after 2 or 3pm for the next day free, does it apply to that Wednesday (5/10) since the park is closed on Tuesdays?

I don't think consecutive days is a requirement, but recommend you call/email/facebook message and ask.

Monday (5/8) after 2 or 3pm for the next day free, does it apply to that Wednesday (5/10) since the park is closed on Tuesdays?

I don't think consecutive days is a requirement, but recommend you call/email/facebook message and ask.

Thanks to you both! I'll call

Just to anyone who cares, my assumption was correct. If you purchase the "next day free", it's the next operating day.....so my next day would be Wednesday since it's closed Tuesday.

cheers

So did anyone else get a Dollywood survey where they asked for opinions on four potential new themed areas? The themes were Music (which seemed to dominate the survey), Roadside Attractions, Snow and Farming/Agriculture. The survey showed some very preliminary artwork of the concepts and mentioned that each area would have "8-10 rides the family can enjoy together ranging from mild to wild" along with shows and food that relate to the theme of each area.

I unfortunately completed the survey before I had a chance to take screen shots, so my apologies there. But it is nice to see Dollywood looking to expand yet again. Now I just need to find a way to move a little closer so that 9 hour drive is shortened.

Sounds kinda generic, but I'm sure the final concept will be more focused. I hope they go with farming - lots of fun theming options there.

The question is, are they talking about a new area, or a re-do of county fair? I'd assume the former, but you never know sometimes.

I'm still thinking the train loop is a long ways away to build a new area in. Maybe they're looking to squeeze something in north of the gate?

World Choice Investments has sent us a press release announcing the debut of a new dinner theatre attraction in Pigeon Forge inspired by Dolly Parton's life.

After the success of Dolly Parton’s NBC movies about her childhood, Pigeon Forge’s newest dinner theatre attraction is telling a special story very close to her heart. After months of work, Parton and her production team are opening a new show shaped by the life and family of the Smoky Mountain songbird herself.

“This new story is very special to me,” Parton explained. That is why during my first visit to the Great Smoky Mountains this year I will open a new show that celebrates my family before I was born. With the success of my family stories Coat of Many Colors and Christmas of Many Colors - Circle of Love over the last two years, I knew this was a story I wanted to tell and the theatre in Pigeon Forge near the Island is the perfect venue.”

The production will debut this spring at the former Lumberjack Adventure theatre on the Parkway in Pigeon Forge. Jim Rule, CEO of World Choice Investments, LLC, said this new show is what the customers are asking for. “We will release more details about Dolly’s story soon. We have been telling stories for 30 years and this new show showcases the world-class storytelling of Dolly and celebrates the Great Smoky Mountains and her family.”

Pre-purchased ticket holders for a Lumberjack Adventure show scheduled in 2017 should contact the box office at 844-322-4400 for re-ticketing.

Sounds kinda generic, but I'm sure the final concept will be more focused. I hope they go with farming - lots of fun theming options there.

The question is, are they talking about a new area, or a re-do of county fair? I'd assume the former, but you never know sometimes.

I'm still thinking the train loop is a long ways away to build a new area in. Maybe they're looking to squeeze something in north of the gate?

Or this could actually be the new area planned for the train loop.. early during the 10yr 300mil expansion, it was announced that they would work their way up the train loop (the actual announcement was talking more about paths and infrastructure for the train loop such as bathrooms and restaurants.. nothing about rides) and that hasn't happened yet.. maybe the survey is geared towards that area. They really made it sound like they would use some of the 300mil for that. Everything can be interpreted differently but to me, when they talked about it, it really made it sound like it was planned for part of the 10 year 300mil announcement and not something after the 10 years are up

I don't imagine the country Fair will go anywhere, it being one of the first things in the park way before Dollywood

Also, we can't forget, Dolly had a snow park planned for Nashville.. it was officially announced and everything and then Marriott purchased the land that was planned for it from Gaylord Entertainment and the snow park was put to a halt (something like that between Gaylord and Marriott). I always thought that the snow park would make its way to Pigeon Forge somehow.. Maybe Dollywood?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edited by dstephe9

World Choice Investments has sent us a press release announcing the debut of a new dinner theatre attraction in Pigeon Forge inspired by Dolly Parton's life.

After the success of Dolly Parton’s NBC movies about her childhood, Pigeon Forge’s newest dinner theatre attraction is telling a special story very close to her heart. After months of work, Parton and her production team are opening a new show shaped by the life and family of the Smoky Mountain songbird herself.

“This new story is very special to me,” Parton explained. That is why during my first visit to the Great Smoky Mountains this year I will open a new show that celebrates my family before I was born. With the success of my family stories Coat of Many Colors and Christmas of Many Colors - Circle of Love over the last two years, I knew this was a story I wanted to tell and the theatre in Pigeon Forge near the Island is the perfect venue.”

The production will debut this spring at the former Lumberjack Adventure theatre on the Parkway in Pigeon Forge. Jim Rule, CEO of World Choice Investments, LLC, said this new show is what the customers are asking for. “We will release more details about Dolly’s story soon. We have been telling stories for 30 years and this new show showcases the world-class storytelling of Dolly and celebrates the Great Smoky Mountains and her family.”

Pre-purchased ticket holders for a Lumberjack Adventure show scheduled in 2017 should contact the box office at 844-322-4400 for re-ticketing.

Sounds like, even after Dolly took it over, lumberjack theater still struggled this year.. Hopefully it won't cost to much to retheme the theater yet again haha

Sounds like, even after Dolly took it over, lumberjack theater still struggled this year.. Hopefully it won't cost to much to retheme the theater yet again haha

Reviews I saw were mixed, though generally positive. Lots of mentions of not able to get in.

I wasn't overly interested though as it seamed they went even more towards show and less lumber jack than the old feud.

I'm not convinced this was because of poor sales. It may just be a big idea and best to use the space they already have to get it up now. I know it's not cheap to get any space on the parkway.

Heartsong—The Movie's page has returned to the park's website here:

http://www.dollywood.com/themepark/Entertainment/Heartsong

Doesn't look like it's going completely away, this year anyway!

I would love to see it fully restored with all the original effects working and a full high definition remaster!

Entertainment schedule is up for next week as well!

http://www.dollywood.com/-/media/13E403ADE95144BD8534C9D25198C34C.ashx

Edited by DollyWould

Right now, Dollywood misses the area Spring breaks and I have no idea why. The area up there is so packed right now. Keep in mind, that area draws a big spring break crowd, for about two months though. People come here for Spring Break

Does anyone know if the new app has the ride wait times on it? Didn't see a link on there. Maybe it only shows when the park is open.

When I went for Christmas this year, the app did have (regularly updated) wait times.

Spring Break for Sevier County schools is April 17th-21st. Which makes sense because that is when a) enra ends its run and b) bring a friend tickets start to be valid...

But both Knox County and Blount County are having theirs this week.. those are the two biggest school districts around Dollywood so Opening weekend this weekend will probably be slammed with those districts just ending their break.. I know Blount actually includes next Monday as well.. not sure about Knox

^I wouldn't get my hopes up too much with Lightning Rod being open, especially open so early in the season, just to keep expectations realistic.

My biggest worry about Lightening Rod on opening weekend is the coldness.. it ran fine the end of this past season until it was consistently cold.. The weather for next weekend keeps changing but early forecast is calling for snow Friday and temps only reaching 45 SAT..

If anything keeps LR down I'd imagine it will be this..

At a coaster event it was said that most of LRs issues where with the trains and sensors in them.. they had planned for rewiring of the trains this off season.. so hopefully that has been completed and it's ready to go

My biggest worry about Lightening Rod on opening weekend is the coldness.. it ran fine the end of this past season until it was consistently cold.. The weather for next weekend keeps changing but early forecast is calling for snow Friday and temps only reaching 45 SAT..

What forecast are you looking at? I know you're local and maybe you have a better source, but everything I see says high 50's for Saturday and has said that for some time.

It's changing daily, now it says high 58 and low 35.

Yesterday they where even calling for snow Friday but now just rain.. I use weather bug which seems much more accurate than the locals but it constantly changes so it's harder to determine weather further out with them.. however, when the date gets closer you can almost set your watch by their hourly forecast around here.. it's very accurate

Have to be careful in that area though bc downtown Gatlinburg (this forecast is for the strip area) is still calling for it to be 45 which is usually fairly close to the same temp at Dollywood in my experience due to Dollywood being much closer to the valley around the mountains

e703f205b4611c3bf46d59a0a39e1226.jpg

See that's a huge jump for not really a change in elevation.. I'd plan for 50 degrees if it where me

They usually give pigeon forge the same weather as Knoxville but it's usually much cooler..

Edit: just confirmed that Pegion Forge has been given the same weather as Knoxville on both weather bug and local channel 6.. not sure about the others, so I would personally plan on it being slightly cooler than they are saying due to being so close to the Mountains

Have to be careful in that area though bc downtown Gatlinburg (this forecast is for the strip area) is still calling for it to be 45 which is usually fairly close to the same temp at Dollywood in my experience due to Dollywood being much closer to the valley around the mountains

e703f205b4611c3bf46d59a0a39e1226.jpg

See that's a huge jump for not really a change in elevation.. I'd plan for 50 degrees if it where me

They usually give pigeon forge the same weather as Knoxville but it's usually much cooler..

Edit: just confirmed that Pegion Forge has been given the same weather as Knoxville on both weather bug and local channel 6.. not sure about the others, so I would personally plan on it being slightly cooler than they are saying due to being so close to the Mountains

I really wish TN weather would get it together, it's been crazy all year.

I know! At least we didn't he the snow they called for this weekend. I was even up in the Mountains most of the weekend and only got a light dusting.. nothing in Gatlinburg or back home in Knoxville

I know! At least we didn't he the snow they called for this weekend. I was even up in the Mountains most of the weekend and only got a light dusting.. nothing in Gatlinburg or back home in Knoxville

Nashville got it, luckily I left for Atlanta early Saturday morning before it started, but there were some rural areas that got almost an inch, which isn't a lot, but for us it's like a national emergency.