TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

it just seems so much similar to sideshow spin, just a little longer, seems strange to add a coaster that looks practically identical to one they already have. either way still excited, and the drop tower everyone has been waiting for on here for some years so am happy its finally happening

it just seems so much similar to sideshow spin, just a little longer, seems strange to add a coaster that looks practically identical to one they already have. either way still excited, and the drop tower everyone has been waiting for on here for some years so am happy its finally happening

At least on the new one, you won't feel like you are riding in a cage.

lol and maybe they have a plan to remove sideshow spin in the future and replace it with something else. time will tell!! im really liking this ten year expansion, and we still have 7-8 years left. off topic but does anyone know how much of the 300million remains?

dreammore 150mil

lightning rod 20mil

firechaser 10-15mil ?

parking lot expansion 5mil

???

still looking pretty good

Edited by maverickpoint

I just checked with my daughter, who won't go on any coasters that are too big or too fast, but loves the smaller ones. She thinks it's awesome that they'll have three coasters she would like (Sideshow Spin, Firechaser Express, and Whistle Punk Chaser). Big thumbs up on this addition from her. Having three coasters for her to ride instead of two will make our trip even better, and that makes me happy.

They also said that they might add even more money to the expansion if needed

no way, that's awesome, could you even imagine what could come in the future? a hyper coaster, massive dark ride, intamin, maybe a water coaster? i have a good feeling about 2018!

Yup, back when they announced the 300mil expansion they said depending how things went, and knowing things can change over 10 years, that it wasn't a hard 300mil and more could be added.

Gotta also remember, the new shows and festivals are also part of this budget.. the new parade this Christmas is 4mil I believe I saw?

I'm sure next season's pumpkin lights won't be cheap either

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

LOL, you think the little kids care?

There's no need to innovate with these kiddie coasters. It's not like they even notice that it's the same ride as some other park. I do wish they were a bit smoother though - a kid can bash their head in on the back of the seat with how hard they stop the train sometimes.

Maybe Sideshow Spin will be replaced with another addition for an SBF Visa spinner under the same name? Even though that seems excessive to replace a kiddie coaster with another, it's not unheard of.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

So I haven't been paying much attention but apparently Lightning Rod is down and having issues again? Can any of our more locals/regulars confirm more than just what the website says?

I was there a few weeks ago and it was closed on Thursday and Friday, opened Saturday with one train, and on Sunday it was one train operation with the second row closed and it went down for an hour at 10:15AM. It also has developed a wicked jolt at the bottom of the first drop, which is surprisingly strong from the back of the train.

^^So it seems like it's still train problems maybe?

Actually its the track, if you find a good picture of the first drop. You can see that the radius in the transition from the drop to the flat is not perfect. There's a slight flat spot where you feel the bump. I have taken over 10 laps on LR and I have a good idea where that bump is by now...lol

Looking at that photo, I don't believe so.. but it very well could be.. I am thinking it's right before that spot though.. when everything is going quickly, it's hard to tell where it happens ha-ha but yes it is right before that area I believe

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I rode in the third to last row a few weeks ago and could not believe how hard that jolt at the bottom of the first drop was - considering it was hardly noticeable in row two. The ride is incredible, but the jolt honestly took away from the ride experience overall (as in it felt like the seat popped me in the back and I spent a good portion of the rest of the ride thinking about how bad that "pothole" was).

^^So it seems like it's still train problems maybe?

Actually its the track, if you find a good picture of the first drop. You can see that the radius in the transition from the drop to the flat is not perfect. There's a slight flat spot where you feel the bump. I have taken over 10 laps on LR and I have a good idea where that bump is by now...lol

I was asking about the breakdowns, but yeah, jerkiness or potholes are always in the track.