TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Yeah I can't back up what James said enough! That is the most friendly park I have ever spent time and money at. Truly a 1st class park--and their people make all the difference. I've never experienced more friendly and motivated ride ops ANYWHERE! I go every year because of them.

This goes against the grain of my thinking, but in my experience, dollywood's park staff was much friendlier than holiday world's has been in the past couple years. I think holiday world may be getting bigger so it's less personable, but to further illustrate my point, when I went back to dollywood, 80% of the thunderhead ride crew from the year before were still there, and they remembered me! One guy (the crew knew him as "sharpie") even remembered my name!! When I worked as a ride op on the beast @ PKI, I tried to be really into the ride, but my supervisor didn't like it when there was a lot of talking over the intercom, so he didn't let me drive much. PKI wasn't concerned as much about the ride ops being into the ride, it is rather dissapointing.

Not only is Dollywood one of the more friendly parks, it has completely revamped itself over the past few years... the people seem to listen to the visitors, their likes and dislikes, and change accordingly... it's an impressive fact that Dollywood has gone from being the "hee haw" park to one of the major attractions in the South, but, to have done so without seeming to have disappointed a soul is amazing... And, on a side note, you will never find better food in a park than you will at Dollywood... man, oh, man, the eating you can do... LOL

If it is a Euro Fighter, hello 2007! My dad even has wanted to go to Dollywood. He has heard so much good things about it. And trust me, when my dad wants to go to a theme park for a day, he must be smokin the crack rocks or something!

Well, looking at pics, it looks like They won't have the vertical lift, but will have the Vertical drop. Go up at an angle, then go over a hill or something..

Eh... yo no se

Dollywood is a fantastic park. The food is awesome and unique, the location and atmosphere is beautiful, the coasters they do have are thrilling and fun, and their staff is so friendly. Its one thing for a staff member to point you in the direction you want to go, but Dollywood goes 1 better and will WALK you there, just to make sure you find your way ok. If you have a question that they don't know the answer to, they'll find someone who knows the answer. Dollywood is definitely an awesome place, and I look forward to returning next year.

Topiary? I think you mean topography A topiary is a bush cut to look like something- like the one shown below which is in downtown Columbus and depicts a George Surat painting.

And btw I too have that old E special on video tape- just don't have a working VCR!

front.jpg.51b9db45c632a9e4d67e3faffdb75ce4.jpg

Deaf School Gardens- Columbus, Ohio

Any ideas on the location of the ride? I've often wondered when Dollywood is going to take the step of actually making a complete circle pathway, as opposed to thunderhead gap and the tennessee tornado being so far away, maybe the new coaster will go at the back of the park, near the water park? Can anybody enlighten me on this?

I'll be saying 'hello Dolly' in 2007 when I visit the park with the RCCGB. This park has been on my wish list for a while now.

The concept art (what I've seen so far anyway) for the 2007 coaster looks nothing short of stunning. I'm expecting something special...

• 1 month later...

was at the park yesterday and talking to ride ops. From what it sounds like its not gonna feature inversions but it WILL weave in and out of the mountian side. There is already a cliff dugged out. It was also explained this is park of an on going effort to connect the valley to the canyon. Now the employee stated in the next 10 years but I think thats kinda lenthy lol!

Jarvis "by the way timber terror is a very VERY fun ride!...and look for a video soon" Morant!

So, upon a first and not very clear glance, I thought the new coaster was gonna be named Pigeon Force.

Then I realized it was Pigeon Forge, and that was the name of the area, not the ride. Too bad... "Pigeon Force" sounds like an awesome coaster name, but this ride looks pretty badass too!

Dollywood is definitely becoming a destination park, at least in the coaster world.