TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I was at the park for two days (last Sunday and Monday) which I planned months ago. Despite no rides on LR, still had a fun time and cinnamon bread goes a long way. I didn't see anyone working on the ride and sounded like no employee knew when it will open. I found it odd that no one was working on it. Almost as if they are waiting on a part.

I guess "technical ride rehearsal" must sound better to folks than the ride is closed AGAIN for an extended period of time.

Actually, "Technical rehearsal" sounds better than "The ride isn't officially open so we don't have any obligation to open it for you whatsoever, but we're being generous enough to open it on days that we can do some tweak & adjust, which we could probably do with water dummies or empty trains, but we are trying to get as many people on the ride as possible, so stop being ungrateful."

Except for about a week it was actually"open" then the recall and it went back into tech rehearsal.

I didn't see anyone working on the ride and sounded like no employee knew when it will open. I found it odd that no one was working on it. Almost as if they are waiting on a part.

Could very well be waiting on a part, or one or a few individuals could be working behind the scenes (or even remotely) on programming. I'm sure there are several people who pretty much haven't truly rested for many months until they can get this ride running consistently.

I wish they had some kind of dining plan

I think I saw some about a pass working as a cash card. Maybe it was in the water park?

Edit: wrist band. http://www.dollywood.com/waterpark/Guest-Services/Sunny-Money

dunno if they might add it go the main park in the future.

But not sure a dining plan would do too well in the main park. There's already the gold pass discount.

I guess "technical ride rehearsal" must sound better to folks than the ride is closed AGAIN for an extended period of time.

Actually, "Technical rehearsal" sounds better than "The ride isn't officially open so we don't have any obligation to open it for you whatsoever, but we're being generous enough to open it on days that we can do some tweak & adjust, which we could probably do with water dummies or empty trains, but we are trying to get as many people on the ride as possible, so stop being ungrateful."

Except for about a week it was actually"open" then the recall and it went back into tech rehearsal.

Pardon me for trying to logic and reason to explain something. I forgot that quite a few contributors to this thread and shown that they are not smart enough to understand that.

Stopped back through Pigeon Forge to spend the night on the way back from the beach. The whole area is crowded and hotels are booking fast. Not sure if it was stated or not but the Gatlinburg Apline Coaster is open and running today. I'll be back down the 25th-27th to stay in a cabin near Locust Ridge, relax and enjoy the park. I'm hoping with everything in me that the coaster is back up and running, I mean come on don't make this another month delay.

Pardon me for trying to logic and reason to explain something. I forgot that quite a few contributors to this thread and shown that they are not smart enough to understand that.

I understand both logic AND reason, and am quite smart. Just stating that the ride did shift from tech rehearsal to "open" then back to tech rehearsal. I'm sure there was both logic and reason to that decision, though I can see where it would be confusing to some people planning visits to the park. As the moderator of this forum who ctiticizes other for making disparaging remarks to others, aren't you kind of doing the same here by responding to two quotes with an insult to their intelligence?

I understand both logic AND reason, and am quite smart. Just stating that the ride did shift from tech rehearsal to "open" then back to tech rehearsal. I'm sure there was both logic and reason to that decision, though I can see where it would be confusing to some people planning visits to the park. As the moderator of this forum who ctiticizes other for making disparaging remarks to others, aren't you kind of doing the same here by responding to two quotes with an insult to their intelligence?

When it went to officially open it still had a lot of downtime so even though they said it was open i still feel it was in technical rehearsal

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have zero patience with people who are just going to sit here and argue with nonsensical reasoning and complete disrespect for the people who pay the bills around here. Banned from our page.

--Robb "Gotta clean up this thread somehow..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

They have bins for your stuff, and they're nice enough to take your bags for you as you're entering the train. On the coasters, each train has its own bin. I'd take a bag, so no one would see my cinnamon bread and try to steal it. lol

They have bins for your stuff, and they're nice enough to take your bags for you as you're entering the train. On the coasters, each train has its own bin. I'd take a bag, so no one would see my cinnamon bread and try to steal it. lol

Awesome thanks! I can't wait

Actually, I think only some of the coasters have the bins separated by train. They definitely do on Mystery Mine, Firechaser, and Lightning Rod. All the rides have a free place to put your stuff, though, including Slidewinder, which also has optional paid løckers, I think.

Actually, I think only some of the coasters have the bins separated by train. They definitely do on Mystery Mine, Firechaser, and Lightning Rod. All the rides have a free place to put your stuff, though, including Slidewinder, which also has optional paid løckers, I think.

WE, TH, and TT just have shelves.

But, I've never had any problems, or heard of anyone else.

FCE has lockers available. So does River Rampage. I think LR has some too.

I don't recall the other 2 water rides.

Bins for stuff in the County Fair area.

Same with Barn Stormer.

Slightly different message on Dollywood's website... In my mind this pretty much guarantees that it won't be open for anybody visiting in the next few days.

What would you for a person that's going the days the 25th-27th and doing the next day free deal? Take a guess and what you think my chances would be lol

Slightly different message on Dollywood's website... In my mind this pretty much guarantees that it won't be open for anybody visiting in the next few days.

What would you for a person that's going the days the 25th-27th and doing the next day free deal? Take a guess and what you think my chances would be lol

I'd guess like 20% for you since you still have more than a week... for me who is going tomorrow and Monday... I'd say a big old goose egg.

It doesn't matter though... more time to eat Cinnamon Bread

I was at the park yesterday and my biggest concern is that I heard 1 out of 3 people say LR is unsafe..

All the GP heard was that a part was recalled for safety.. They where never told (I know we know here) that it was cylinders for the restraints that where recalled.. Also, with all the up and downtime people are starting to become concerned with the rides safety

Dollywood isn't really helping themselves with their generic messages either.. I know, they don't owe it to us to tell us what is really going on. I personally know the ride is safe BUT the GP that doesn't frequent this forum, a lot of them do not know that.. they just know it keeps closing for some reason and that parts are being recalled on it..

Again, this is what I heard from people at the park yesterday on tram rides, people waiting to see if it opens, and people on other rides..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dollywood isn't really helping themselves with their generic messages either..

Most of the time the things that have issues don't sound good at all. Regardless of how benign the actual problem is or whether it compromises safety of the ride. "A problem with a brake" sounds really bad, but it's actually that the brake isn't opening within a certain amount of time because the valve is wearing out on one out of nine sets of brakes, that are never used during the cycle anyway.