TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

It's running and everyone seems happy, but those 4 rows are still closed off?

Oh and Danny has to be the happiest Op haha

https://instagram.com/p/BHUmMqTjXLh/

Same poster blames the restrains.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHUkBmbjmjv

"there was only one train in operation and 4 of the rows were blocked off because of the restraints not unlocking properly."

Oh, and this pic of some parts

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHUlJ84D8kW

Wow one train op of what 16 people? Capacity has got to be brutal!

After being on Twisted Colossus yesterday I get why RMC wanted to improve the resistance of the restraints when opening but certainly seems the new cylinder design really hasn't worked out as hoped.

Well, i appreciate that the park tries to operate the coaster somehow, but the current situation leads us to cancel our 1200usd trip (dreammore and season pass), originally scheduled for next week. We will visit busch gardens and kings dominion instead. We will return to dollywood when the coaster is clearly open. Wish them all the best with lightning rod...

Well, i appreciate that the park tries to operate the coaster somehow, but the current situation leads us to cancel our 1200usd trip (dreammore and season pass), originally scheduled for next week. We will visit busch gardens and kings dominion instead. We will return to dollywood when the coaster is clearly open. Wish them all the best with lightning rod...

See I know there is more of this than we read about.. i know LR is clearly hurting Dollywood right now so I really hope it's open fully soon

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

See I know there is more of this than we read about.. i know LR is clearly hurting Dollywood right now so I really hope it's open fully soon

I know my girlfriend and I have cancelled three separate trips to the park.

• The first time, we decided to go to Six Flags Over Georgia and Lake Winnie.
  • The second time, we went to Carowinds.
  • And for the final time about 10 days ago (right after the recall was announced), we frantically changed plans at 4am the last day possible to cancel hotels without penalties, and the day before we were trying to leave. We then traveled to Busch Gardens, Hersheypark, and Six Flags Great Adventure instead.

We both have a Dollywood season pass and we have yet to use it once. I know, I know. The park is wonderful without LR. And it is. We just want to make sure their new ride will be open before we travel the 5 hours to go to the park.

^ I get that. We were considering a Dollywood trip, but I think we're going to put it off until next year. This will be the first time we've visited the park, and I know it would be great either way, but I want to ride Lightning Rod.

It's running and everyone seems happy, but those 4 rows are still closed off?

Oh and Danny has to be the happiest Op haha

https://instagram.com/p/BHUmMqTjXLh/

On Thursday, it was the two rows in car 4, not 4 rows, that were closed off. All the ops were happy. I did notice they all had "safety trainer" on their nametags, rather than just their names.

I know my girlfriend and I have cancelled three separate trips to the park.

• The first time, we decided to go to Six Flags Over Georgia and Lake Winnie.
  • The second time, we went to Carowinds.
  • And for the final time about 10 days ago (right after the recall was announced), we frantically changed plans at 4am the last day possible to cancel hotels without penalties, and the day before we were trying to leave. We then traveled to Busch Gardens, Hersheypark, and Six Flags Great Adventure instead.

We both have a Dollywood season pass and we have yet to use it once. I know, I know. The park is wonderful without LR. And it is. We just want to make sure their new ride will be open before we travel the 5 hours to go to the park.

I VERY cautiously optimistic about next Wed-Fri when we are planning on being there. Hopefully "Lightning" strikes this time for us (Not May or June)

I'm only 2.5 hours away, so not really a bad drive, but we are taking our actual vacation the 11th to Myrtle Beach for a week, then may possibly swing by and see if LR is running normally. If not we'll just continue as planned and go with the rest of the family at the end of the month.

Holy cow this ride is awesome. By the time we got on, it was dark. Pitch dark so you have no idea what's coming next. Dolly did good with this one A+. By the way, I was mistaken, they did have one row closed (row 3 closed off). Ride attendants were assigning seats which I don't like, but still a great ride. The park's fireworks started as we hit the final brakes. This was a cool way to end the ride. Exited the ride, to find the biggest skunk I've ever seen checking out the chicken sandwich food truck! Funny watching people's reaction to it. One of the Dollywood hosts was right beside it and it was if she didn't even see it. Didn't try to keep people away or anything. I was expecting someone to get sprayed but it must be used to people.

Ride attendants were assigning seats which I don't like, but still a great ride. The park's fireworks started as we hit the final brakes. This was a cool way to end the ride.

They did that the entire "rehearsal" period before.

But, it doesn't hurt to ask. Most won't and if you are quiet about it you might be accommodated. I was earlier this month (the week after the flood). (Or maybe it was my daughter?)

I headed home the Saturday the park hours extended, so no night option. And coming in to the fireworks sound cool.

5 hours away too. Went in March (spring break) and early June.

I'm closer to Atlanta, but in the 7 years I've been here haven't gone to SF. Just not much there for my wife, but she loves the Smokies and DW.

I know we'll be back at least once more, up to 3 times, this year.

I also managed to get to the park about an hour and a half before closing. Park was dead but LR had a decent line. One train but only appeared to have one row closed or maybe none. Line took 40 minutes.

The ride was very impressive. The launch isn't overly intense, but starting before the incline helped. The first two airtime hills didn't seem like they would pack much punch but they did. The over bank had airtime similar to a B&M hyper, just sideways. The rest of the ride was crazy and definitely reminded me of NTaG but with a more interesting setting and layout. The quad down was more like a triple down with a curving drop at the end but it was very impressive. Reminded me of a more intense downhill version of the end of Phoenix at Knoebels. Definitely the intense coaster I've been waiting for at Dollywood and easily a top 10 coaster! Great at night!!!

The park was nearly empty and there were only 4 of us on Tennessee Tornado but still, LR had a decent line. I'm really hopeful for two train ops over the weekend but the other train is no where to be found. It looked like there were pieces of it under the station in the maintenance area down there. Not a good sign but those also could be extra parts.. I have no idea.

Anyways, top notch coaster. Very impressive and worth the wait!!! I hope to ride it many more times this weekend and it will be top priority because it is far superior to all the other great coasters in the park!

Historically, how terrible on the 4th crowds?

Usually down.. so many other things plus family events going on that crowds aren't as bad on Holidays like the 4th.. you have your vacationers but not as many locals..

It could still be crowded like it normally is during the summer but not as crowded as it would normally be.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just had lunch at Red's across from LR and never saw it running. Maybe just temporarily down...

Have you seen it run yet?

It's open. I'm not sure if it was just down when he was over there or what.

Park isn't too busy today. Especially for a Saturday.

Off topic. I can't get over how big people are at this park. I've seen more WOS today than I have all year at other parks. MM was constantly stacking because they'd have to rearrange the larger guests to fit.