TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Can anyone confirm that all RMCs are down today due to the same train-related issue? https://twitter.com/lsnowden5/status/744214182682304512

I was there yesterday and today and told the same thing. They said that all the RMCs went down @ 2pm

Thursday according to the employee at the rides entrance. Although I had a hard time believing her because she said "the ride manufacturer shut down 11 of it's rides including the ones at Silver Dollar City and Kings Island". Her words not mine. And obviously there isn't one at Kings. I flew across the country to ride it and am really upset don't understand what they could possibly be doing.

The only reason to shut all of the rides down, would be for a safety issue.

From the Wildfire thread:

"Wildfire will not open today due to technical problems.

The manufacturers have made us aware of a potential defect on a part in the trains.

We have not detected any fault on our trains, but for us it is a matter of following the instructions from the manufacturers of the attraction. We are very sorry for those who where looking forward to ride Wildfire today and the next few days. We are working hard to move as quickly as possible to get Wildfire up and running, but we anticipate that it will take at least 3-5 days."

From Dolly's website:

Current Notifications

Lightning Rod is closed today. Rocky Mountain Construction ordered all of its roller coasters closed until further notice as a recalled mechanical part is replaced. Please watch for updates.

So, how many coasters does that cover, around the world?

Current Notifications

Lightning Rod is closed today. Rocky Mountain Construction ordered all of its roller coasters closed until further notice as a recalled mechanical part is replaced. Please watch for updates.

http://www.dollywood.com/

People in the park now need to go to the other side and discover the fantasticness that is Thunderhead then.

Thunderhead is great and Wild Eagle is tied with Thunderbird for my favorite wing coaster.

Current Notifications

http://www.dollywood.com/

People in the park now need to go to the other side and discover the fantasticness that is Thunderhead then.

Thunderhead is great and Wild Eagle is tied with Thunderbird for my favorite wing coaster.

2 years ago on my first visit which was two days Thunderhead was one train and it rained off and on, so I only got to ride it twice, and I wasn't impressed at all. Then last year, we did another two day trip, and Thunderhead was closed, my best friend got me a season pass for my birthday, and this year I've been twice and both days Thunderhead was a walk on, and I finally got the hype I've always heard about it, it truly is a great ride, and turned into one of my favorite woodies, it's just so fast paced and the CGI curviness is just beautiful.

Pretty bold statement by DW considering the number of RMC coasters that are operating today, eh? NTG, iRat, WC, OR, Goliath, Medusa, and so on. If ALL RMC coasters were ordered shut down, why is their very chain operating Outlaw Run today?

"All" to me means "everything" as in, "no one left behind"

"All" doesn't mean "some" or "a few"

Well, it's official. I have the RMC curse. I missed out on NTAG and iRat in 2013 because of closures. LR in March, and I was in line yesterday hoping to finally get a lap when they called it around 2PM.

So I'm 2 for 5 out of the parks with RMCs I've visited.

I'm not one to get super worked up over a credit... or 3, but I just can't seem to catch a break.

Still had a great time yesterday, but at this point I don't think I'll risk revisiting until next season when they have the bugs worked out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk