TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I got two rides Today! Both of them on the first row. It was better than my first ride yesterday on row 8.

The launch was so much better in the afternoon! And the quad drop is amazing!

Today took me like 20 minutes for the 1st ride and like 35 minutes for the second one. Yesterday was like 40 minutes.

Time saver has on it but it says it's closed.

Also, Wild Eagle went down and Thunderhead was closed today.

image.thumb.jpeg.f2f66e870355477409f648e0b7f8288a.jpeg

^ I believe LR was listed before it soft opened. I imagine they wouldn't begin offering it until it officially opened, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Correct. TS will be available once the ride full opens per the people at the TS office.

That awkward moment when Wildfire is testing and Lightning Rod is still in "technical ride rehearsal..."

That moment when Wildfire is a traditional chain lift wooden coaster, and Lightning Rod is the worlds first ever launched wooden coaster.

Are they fine with doing requests, such as requesting for front row on LR?

I rode today, when they restarted after lunch (just before 2pm).

Both trains running.

They had most of the queue open today (instead of the TS path from yesterday).

Asked for the back row and request was granted.

I rode today, when they restarted after lunch (just before 2pm).

Thursday I was in line from 9:50 until they started letting people on around noon.

Only one train running then. There were cameras all over. Saw the Dollywood PR guy (Pete) getting interviewed.

At least the Knoxville ABC station had a camera. Someone said they saw MSNBC too.

Other Dollywood people doing on camera reactions after the ride. Spoke to Pete while waiting for the after ride stuff.

He seamed confident it would open fully soon, but was non committal as to when.

The ride was everything others have said. My 12 yr old loved it too.

801098885_CassonLR.thumb.jpg.b0674581b8323984fff846d2f197d8d2.jpg.

Amazing, amazing, amazing. I rode in the second row. It's definitely a coaster you have to ride multiple times to truly take it all in. I'm not sure it tops Outlaw Run, but a few re-rides (and a nighttime ride) may change that. Regardless, Dollywood has a winner on its hands.

image.thumb.jpeg.0da805e64afc8d78adec20d5ad7965d4.jpeg

Well I drove overnight from allentown pa to dollywood. Was rewarded front row on lightning rod. This thing delivers it's an airtime machine even on elements I thought wouldn't have much. Just wow!!!

Was it worth the trip???

Just got my first ride and got the very front row. I am more excited about the back seat so I will wait until later to fully judge it, but it's definitely a top 5 coaster automatically. Insane airtime and speed regardless though! Looks like it stopped running for a bit now so we will see.

Btw, beware big riders. They won't help you push down lap bars. You have to do it yourself. Saw a lot of denials and I barely fit myself.

Is it running right now or still down?

Just got my first ride and got the very front row. I am more excited about the back seat so I will wait until later to fully judge it, but it's definitely a top 5 coaster automatically. Insane airtime and speed regardless though! Looks like it stopped running for a bit now so we will see.

Btw, beware big riders. They won't help you push down lap bars. You have to do it yourself. Saw a lot of denials and I barely fit myself.

I think that's just lame. I was under the impression that it's required for roller coaster operators to push on all the restraints to make sure they're down.

I think that's just lame. I was under the impression that it's required for roller coaster operators to push on all the restraints to make sure they're down.

Ever been to Disney? They don't touch the restraints or seatbelts.. they have you do it yourself as they watch.. they aren't allowed to touch

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

^ The LSM fins were steaming on my first ride (that could be commonplace). It looked pretty awesome!

My last ride of the afternoon was in the very back, row 12. It was very shaky. I wouldn't even call it "rough," just alarmingly shaky. I don't know if it was a fluke or not, but it was so shaky that I was legitimately worried that the train was about to blow a wheel or worse. I've never experienced anything like it on another RMC. I definitely won't be requesting the back.

I plan on returning tonight for the fireworks. Hopefully I'll get a nighttime ride in.

Here are a few pics from today. It's a beauty, that's for sure.

DSC05851.thumb.JPG.044ddfd7d1d5f8692f02130c98fcc14a.JPG

DSC05828.thumb.JPG.52be823645f368b326e8428cfa0bd399.JPG

DSC05846.thumb.JPG.bb57ed87787a73359f903dcedd414a32.JPG