TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Don't get too excited though. While the video is good, it's not nearly up to my standards. I only had one pass to shoot as I was there film the ride chassis and only filmed a quick POV as a reference. Still looks good, but is easily the shakiest POV I've ever put out. Just a heads up.

Just saw the POV...Looks awesome! So glad to finally have a decent POV.

Looks pretty freaking great, as expected.

Hopefully I'll have an excuse to make the drive later in the season, but my schedule is pretty much booked seven days a week!

Wow! That video is simply amazing! This thing is clearly going to be off the chain insane!

I've already paid for the Thrills in the Hills tickets for my son and I and now it's just a matter of when Dollywood reschedules that for! Can't wait to get on this finally (and with ERT, to boot!)

Very pretty, but kind of a bummer Upstop chose 4k over 60fps. Even with great internet, it's damn near impossible to watch any 4k content from start to finish without buffering. Very appreciative that we finally have a legit POV though

The video works fine on my end.

The only thing that bugs me with Upstop Media videos, and I say that because I know he's reading here, is the wide FOV that makes everything looks squished. And maybe the coloring that is a bit weird (like faded out), but that's cosmetic.

Other than that, it's a great video and I can't wait for the cinematic one (with bogie views and everything!). Thanks a lot, Scotty!

Just to let you know that LR is running today! I'm in line for it!

Please tell me if they assign your seat!

1 or 2-train operation?

Original recipe or Extra Crispy?

Yes, they are assigning seats.

2 trains

Extra Crispy please! XD

How long's the line? Does it extend out into jukebox junction like some instagram photos suggest?

Incidentally, the dollywood website says you can use TimeSaver on LR. I was a little surprised by that, as sometimes brand new coasters at other parks don't get rolled into skip the line passes until the second season.

I got 3 rides on it today. The line was about 30 minutes. Airtime on the quad down in the back seat is amazing. It easily tops El Toro for me. It had a couple of weird, jarring bumps going into and out of the first wave turn. Other than that, though, it was a very smooth ride. ProTip: Put the seat belt buckle ON TOP of the lapbar if you can. Otherwise you will get stabbed by it in a very unpleasant way, lol.

Line ran between 30 mins to 50 mins this afternoon. I think I waited about 40 mins. Rode in the front row and it was even better than my ride two weeks ago. Incredible ejector air throughout. Best airtime I have experienced on a ride without OTS restraints except for Phoenix.