TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

It's beginning to get to that point where it's just sad that the park is having so much trouble with the ride.

I would have love to see the comments and madness that would have taken place if these boards were alive during The entire year delay of Superman :The Escape

"This is really starting to hurt RMC's credibility" I can't breathe

LR is/was partially operational for guest so right there proves RMC did their job the coaster they designed can operate safely period. If you go out and buy an aftermarket part for your car, put it on your car and it blows the engine up you don't blame Toyota you blame the parts maker. Well that's the same thing here RMC had someone else do the launch system and they are to blame how hard is that to comprehend. Intamin has had many issues and delays from the use of outside suppliers and they continue on to make and still making some of the most noteworthy rides in the business. RMC right now is the hottest ticket in the industry trust their rep is still Golden people in the industry know that prototypes and new idea's may take a little work to get the kinks out and that the customer even though they may be disappointed will still be there once the kinks are worked out especially when you dealing with a coaster as amazing looking as Lightning rod trust Dollywood's guest are not outside the gates holding protest b/c LR isn't open and the industry isn't close to turning their backs on RMC smdh

Kind of disagree here - a lot of people would ultimately blame the car manufacturer. Most cars have parts and components made by other manufacturers anyway, but if you have mechanical issues with the TOYOTA you tell people "My Toyota sucks" you don't say, "That starter manufactured for Toyota by LIM Starters really blows" The whole is greater than the parts. To people who care but don't have ALL the info- this is being marketed as a RMC coaster - that has had LONG delays, and to those people who don't know ALL the details - they will think HUH...Those RMC people sure are having a hard time getting that new coaster working (or lumping it all under Dollywood for that matter.

I know I'd LOVE to work for Dollywood or some people on this forum for the amount of slack and "grace" you give for not getting the contracted work done on time. I'd love to be able to tell my boss when I turn in my completed work four months late "Hey - its innovative and never been done before. In a year after you read it lots of times you'll forget about all these delays!"

And to the original poster - wow sorry people on here are such jerks to you when you express your opinion.

So your going to blame Toyota for an AFTERMARKET part damaging your car and wonder why some say we are living in the age of effing idiots!!!

No. An aftermarket part would be one I went out and purchased on my own when the original part failed, or wasn't performing to my desired level and I chose to make the change. This launch is not aftermarket. It's not like RMC installed a chain lift and Dollywood decided "aftermarket" to make it a launch then contracted VM to make a launch. If you're going to be insulting and derogatory, at least do it with an argument that makes sense.

Just to bring this thread back to Lightning Rod's status for a post or two, I last saw that it was running as of Wednesday. Is this still the case? Just wondering what to expect if wanting to ride Lightning Rod over the next few days while it's in technical rehearsal, from those that have been riding?

Thanks, all!

There are some people where based on previous posts I can't tell if they're attempting to make a joke or if they're serious so I just let it go.

I am completely with you in response to what you're responding to in this thread!

(Oh, and if you're at all referencing my comment in the Adventureland thread, it was most definitely a joke, though I'm beginning to think without a winky or something next to it, it might have been taken seriously! )

There are some people where based on previous posts I can't tell if they're attempting to make a joke or if they're serious so I just let it go.

I am completely with you in response to what you're responding to in this thread!

(Oh, and if you're at all referencing my comment in the Adventureland thread, it was most definitely a joke, though I'm beginning to think without a winky or something next to it, it might have been taken seriously! )

No I'm not referencing you. I think we're on the same page here.

No I'm not referencing you. I think we're on the same page here.

Cool! And yeah, sometimes reading things on here I'm like...

And I just walk away...

So is LR open on a regular basis yet or is it still in the awkward transition phase between open and not open? It seems that they've gotten it running with two trains when it does run, but is it still a hit or miss?

Yeah it's awesome how fast they've been seeming to recover from flooding, technical issues, etc, and even more awesome how they're trying to get it open for people to ride when they can.

The thing is, if LR has a decent chance of being open to the public for any period of time on Saturday June 18th. Weather is always a major factor and I have no idea how accurate the current rainy forecast for that day will be by then, but if the chance of it being closed all day that day is high enough, we'll probably opt for a park that's less out of the way for our epic midwest road trip. That being said if there's a good chance we'll be able to ride LR while we're there then Dollywood is still in the plans.

There's a "selfie" POV on Instagram that's easily the most awkward 60 seconds of video I've seen in quite some time. I'm very much looking forward to a legitimate production (flawless or not).

Lol I watched the selfie POV even though awkward, it shows how much power is given in the back of the train and you can hear the screams from literally everyone on the ride. From "DEAR GODS" to "HOLY CRAPS" they can all be heard.

There's a "selfie" POV on Instagram that's easily the most awkward 60 seconds of video I've seen in quite some time. I'm very much looking forward to a legitimate production (flawless or not).

Lol I watched the selfie POV even though awkward, it shows how much power is given in the back of the train and you can hear the screams from literally everyone on the ride. From "DEAR GODS" to "HOLY CRAPS" they can all be heard.

Would it be against forum rules to tell me the name of the instagramer who posted this pov?

^ Probably. I found it pretty quickly using lightingrod and dollywood hashtags. And yes its pretty awkward but funny to hear the reactions of all the other riders.

Yep, I've found Instagram's Dollywood geo location page and the #LightningRod hashtag to be some of the best ways to keep up with LR's status. You just have to take into consideration the fact that many southerners think "lightning" is spelled "lightening."

Bless their hearts.

Yep, I've found Instagram's Dollywood geo location page and the #LightningRod hashtag to be some of the best ways to keep up with LR's status. You just have to take into consideration the fact that many southerners think "lightning" is spelled "lightening."

Bless their hearts.

Exactly. I check usually every day around 1 or 2 to see if there's any videos or pictures. Around 2:30 today I seen pictures of people in line. Twitter is sometimes handy, but not all the time.