TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Well tpr is strict about following park policies. They kinda have to since they have a close relation to many parks.

If someone posted about breaking a rule, then if one of the park employees saw that post and asked for the posters information, he (tpr admins) would have no choice but to hand it over.

That POV is awful on a Clusterfarce level. Shakier than Muhammad Ali (too soon? OK, Michael J Fox), horrible color mixing, atrocious audio, can't see most of what's going on because of the crap field of view, oh and he deliberately broke park policy to get the video.

Irony... When no one in this generation cares about felons slinging crack and heroin on street corners of every town in this country, but everyone gets butt hurt when someone shoots a poor quality POV video which may have possibly violated park policy. I enjoyed the sneak peak, just as I will enjoy the eventual higher quality videos to come. I'm pretty sure the producer wasn't aiming to out-do Spielberg.

I just did a quick walk around the neighborhood and did not see one felon slinging crack or heroin on any corners.

Thanks for getting my hopes up for nothing buddy!!

All kidding aside, no one is saying posting the video was the crime of the century, but it went against the rules of TPR and was justifiably deleted. It had nothing to do with the quality.

Dude should have known better.

(THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!! )

Wait, who said Tennessee Tornado and Mystery Mine were down? Both were fully operating and we rode TT on Saturday. The lead I heard said it was due to flooding. Every attraction was open Saturday besides LR. I just feel bad for them that they were getting super close on LR and even running 2 trains and then BAM mother nature

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if FireChaser was open during the flooding. That would impact the coaster!

Wait, who said Tennessee Tornado and Mystery Mine were down? Both were fully operating and we rode TT on Saturday. The lead I heard said it was due to flooding. Every attraction was open Saturday besides LR. I just feel bad for them that they were getting super close on LR and even running 2 trains and then BAM mother nature

Both were down when the park opened today but I think they reopened by noon (at least TT did).

Looks like this weekend is going to be a little warm at Dollywood. If over heating is a problem this won't help. Hopefully they have everything worked out soon.

Screenshot_2016-06-06-09-44-38.thumb.png.98e2f1ccdcc5fb702dcdc34ab8edf352.png

Hot time at Dollywood. This coming weekend.

This is really starting to hurt RMC's credibility. Sure, the exponents they build themselves work just fine, but the companies they contract to help...

Sure, you could say that the subcontractors should take the blame, but RMC should take some of it as well. Not only has a woman died because of the neglegance to who they're working with, but now a ride has been delayed 3 months because of it. RMC needs to do more reasearch on who they hire to help with their rides before they get a worse reputation than they already have.

Not only has a woman died because of the neglegance to who they're working with,

You have just typed out the dumbest thing I have ever read. Congrats.

This is like blaming cows for causing heart attacks.

Edited by ernierocker

This is really starting to hurt RMC's credibility. Sure, the exponents they build themselves work just fine, but the companies they contract to help...

Sure, you could say that the subcontractors should take the blame, but RMC should take some of it as well. Not only has a woman died because of the neglegance to who they're working with, but now a ride has been delayed 3 months because of it. RMC needs to do more reasearch on who they hire to help with their rides before they get a worse reputation than they already have.

giphy.gif

Coaster enthusiasts are the worst...

Literally the stupidest thing I've read on here, and I witnessed the hashtag craze from the last few months...

Literally the stupidest thing I've read on here, and I witnessed the hashtag craze from the last few months...

I agree that it's amazingly stupid but I wasn't sure if I was ready to declare it the "stupidest thing I've read on here" as it would be facing some stiff competition until I noticed the use of the word "exponents". For whatever reason that really drove it home for me.