TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

We've already decided that if they're not holding technical rehearsals tomorrow, that we'll go ride the Smokey Mountain Alpine Coaster for the first time.

Do the one at Goats on the Roof, it's about 5mins further down the same road, same price, and a bit more intense. Or heck, just do'em both, it'll only be 30 bucks per adult. Kids are only $5 per ride if that applies for you.

They might have sped up the launch.

My friend's brother who works for Dippin Dots Corporate said he heard in the quarterly conference call that it's hitting 151mph at the base of the drop now. Fastest in the world baby!

My friend's brother who works for Dippin Dots Corporate said he heard in the quarterly conference call that it's hitting 151mph at the base of the drop now. Fastest in the world baby!

But is it open?!?!?!

Wow!!!

But is it open?!?!?!

No.

Why you ask?

Because.

#Itllneveropen

I can testify that Lightning Rod was up and running starting about 4pm est. I was the 3rd train out for the day with GP on board. I waited over 2 hours and it was well worth the wait. My butt didn't hit the seat often after the first false drop. It feels totally out of control in the best way possible. It never lost speed till the end going in to the break run. Not at any point did it feel jerky or ruff. Just awesome ejector time the wait today was Due to them changing out the wheels. What ever they did made that thing fly...... Every group that got off was cheering, even the one that had been waiting in line since 10:30an that morning. Once you ride it you will forget all about the delays. The night rides this summer will be off the chain . I hope things continue to improve as this is one big computer that has a lot to do each time a train dispatches. They are still tweaking things and will have it dialed in soon!

Edited by Djwadeknox

...It never lost speed till the "non-inverting half loop" at the end going in to the break run...:

Fixed that for you!

Glad you got to experience the coaster!! I'm jealous!! It looks amazing for sure! It sure was hauling today! If they keep the coaster running at that speed it might just become the new number one wooden coaster in the world!!

If anyone is looking for just a one day ticket to Dollywood or Splash Country you can go to Dollywood.com/mcdonalds and save $6 per ticket. You can also buy a large drink from area Mcdonalds and take the cup to the gate for the discount as well. Once inside you can upgrade your ticket to a season pass as well if you want to go that route.

I`m all for humor and the more (good) jokes, the better...but that "Illneveropen" stuff is the most annoying thing I ever experienced on this forum...

Hush hush, it's an original, unique joke that transcends forums and even time itself. It's a magnificent work of comedic genius. Oh wait...

I can testify that Lightning Rod was up and running starting about 4pm est. I was the 3rd train out for the day with GP on board. I waited over 2 hours and it was well worth the wait. My butt didn't hit the seat often after the first false drop. It feels totally out of control in the best way possible. It never lost speed till the end going in to the break run. Not at any point did it feel jerky or ruff. Just awesome ejector time the wait today was Due to them changing out the wheels. What ever they did made that thing fly...... Every group that got off was cheering, even the one that had been waiting in line since 10:30an that morning. Once you ride it you will forget all about the delays. The night rides this summer will be off the chain . I hope things continue to improve as this is one big computer that has a lot to do each time a train dispatches. They are still tweaking things and will have it dialed in soon!

Damn I left about 3:30. I was in the 10:30 line from 11-about 12 then they told us it might be another 2-3 hours. Had to hang with the family. Checked back about 3:30 and they said they dad no idea might still be a few hours. I wish I had known. I also wish your info like "changing the wheels" was the type of info the park would just come out and say. Would make it much less "shady" as some people are saying. Just let the people know something a little more that "a while" "tweKing things"

Damn I left about 3:30. I was in the 10:30 line from 11-about 12 then they told us it might be another 2-3 hours. Had to hang with the family. Checked back about 3:30 and they said they dad no idea might still be a few hours. I wish I had known. I also wish your info like "changing the wheels" was the type of info the park would just come out and say. Would make it much less "shady" as some people are saying. Just let the people know something a little more that "a while" "tweKing things"

I`m all for humor and the more (good) jokes, the better...but that "Illneveropen" stuff is the most annoying thing I ever experienced on this forum...

Hush hush, it's an original, unique joke that transcends forums and even time itself. It's a magnificent work of comedic genius. Oh wait...

This and the boat thing from the Cedar Point thread (plus its spillover) has been some of the worst, most forced stuff I've seen on this forum. We've reached new highs of shitposting in 2016, that's for sure.

tpr.gif.ecc9d078d3a3f5611739f67a8e795650.gif

This and the boat thing from the Cedar Point thread (plus its spillover) has been some of the worst, most forced stuff I've seen on this forum. We've reached new highs of shitposting in 2016, that's for sure.

Glad the trend is dying down before this site becomes memeparkreview.