TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

So, how's Thunderhead this year?

From someone who rides it about 15 times a year I feel it is getting rougher and rougher but several people disagree.. a lot agree lol.. so hard to say

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So, how's Thunderhead this year?

Well if you ride in the front seat, lean forward, hold onto your lap bar with you left hand and pull on your ear with your right hand it is smooth as can be.

A conversation for a different thread but I will say I have had one good ride on Mean Streak out of 100 or more.

Any new updates going on with Lightning Rod? still in tech rehearsal and only one train?

A conversation for a different thread but I will say I have had one good ride on Mean Streak out of 100 or more.

Any new updates going on with Lightning Rod? still in tech rehearsal and only one train?

You were probably in the front leaning forward.

lol and it's still in technical rehearsal.

^We don't need to have updates every second. It's fine to have a few days let alone a few hours without any posts.

Don't complain about updates.

On second thought, go right ahead. Somebody complaining about updates is what started the rise of the boat in the CP thread.

Website currently says Tech Rehearsal. They haven't ran trains in two days so I'm not sure what's up. One of the workers on IG took a selfie from the top of the launch hill so I'm wouldn't base any trips because it's in tech rehearsals. I don't think they'll hold a huge special event for the opening of the coaster. Dolly was mentioned to be in the area this weekend, if it opens she might speak a few words, other than that probably nothing major.

This will be a huge crush for Dollywood if they don't get it open this weekend.. AAA is saying this is going to be the biggest travel weekend in history! Memorial Day falling a week later than usual, gas prices as low as they are, and other things are making lots of people travel.. if they don't get it open i can see several people changing their plans even though they shouldn't lol.. lots of locals might not make it up because they know the coaster isn't open, and whatnot..

This will end up hurting Dollywood a little i know it will

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just like it's hurting Sea World and Iowas Adventure and Busch Gardens by not having their new rides open

Error 404: Logic not found.

Mako is on time, it was always advertised a s a summer opening.

Monster is on time, it was always advertised as a summer opening.

Cobra's Curse, while delayed slightly, is still far more on track than a 2-3 month delay. It's especially forgivable given that it's not an Earth shattering coaster like LR supposedly is.