TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I don't know where that came from on the active website but this is what is on there now is: www.dollywood.com/ Unless someone found the staging or "testing web link," there is no way this was active. Our web folks are investigating the source.

I'm seeing it at this link (on iPhone): http://www.dollywood.com/themepark/Rides/LightningRod/AboutTheRide

image.thumb.png.04fc95d9b5829567b4524beeed1db6c2.png

We have not advertised the ride as fully open, ever.

thumb_now_open.png

Yeah you guys totally never have.

Wow.

Seriously, way to be a giant arrogant d*ckhead to a guy who works for the park and frankly doesn't deserve a crappy attitude like that.

It's responses like that that make me shake my head at some of this "enthusiast" community.....

Pete, for what it's worth, I applaud your park for the fantastic effort and hard work you've put into at least getting the ride up and running in some format! It is appreciated, and not all of us share the kind of attitude that the poster above showed. My wife and I are heading to your wonderful looking park for the first time this weekend, and we're very excited!! If we manage to hopefully snag a ride on LR while we're there, that'd be tremendous!

thumb_now_open.png

Wow.

Seriously, way to be a giant arrogant d*ckhead to a guy who works for the park and frankly doesn't deserve a crappy attitude like that.

It's responses like that that make me shake my head at some of this "enthusiast" community.....

Pete, for what it's worth, I applaud your park for the fantastic effort and hard work you've put into at least getting the ride up and running in some format! It is appreciated, and not all of us share the kind of attitude that the poster above showed. My wife and I are heading to your wonderful looking park for the first time this weekend, and we're very excited!! If we manage to hopefully snag a ride on LR while we're there, that'd be tremendous!

I really don't think it was that bad of response. While people shouldn't go out of their way to be rude with things they also don't need to bend over backwards just because it is a park employee. I took it more of a sarcastic fun comment than an arrogant d*ckhead comment but that is just me.

I don't know where that came from on the active website but this is what is on there now is: www.dollywood.com/ Unless someone found the staging or "testing web link," there is no way this was active. Our web folks are investigating the source.

thumb_now_open.png

i mustve stumbled over it... whoops

This thread is a comedy and has been since the delay of Lightning Rod. It's now at the point where people are arguing about every post and then taking it further by arguing about the tone of the argumentative posts. What a total pile.

These are truly dark days when the Dollywood Thread has been reduced to the banter of the last few days and weeks...a very nice park by most (almost all) accounts (hell I visited when every coaster was closed due to low temps...crushing my heart...and I still had a great time) is now overpriced and lacking while they build one of the most anticipated coasters of the year that appears to still be opening by Memorial Day weekend (the official start of Summer vacations) and they are still trashed and now the ride lacks force with a gimmick lift...smh...

Now back to your bickering...

These are truly dark days when the Dollywood Thread has been reduced to the banter of the last few days and weeks...a very nice park by most (almost all) accounts (hell I visited when every coaster was closed due to low temps...crushing my heart...and I still had a great time) is now overpriced and lacking while they build one of the most anticipated coasters of the year that appears to still be opening by Memorial Day weekend (the official start of Summer vacations) and they are still trashed and now the ride lacks force with a gimmick lift...smh...

I'm not sorry to offend you, maybe a return to #it'llneveropen would suit you better?

I am curious to hear about how things go when it is fully open and everyone has moved on from this stuff and onto "now that Lightning Rod is open what will be their next coaster?"

In all seriousness though I can't wait to see how things go when it fully opens and everyone is talking about wait times and experience daily. I was supposed to be going next weekend that got cancelled so we are doing a weekday in August and I cannot wait.

they also don't need to bend over backwards just because it is a park employee.

Quoted for emphasis. I've seen moderators on this site say things ten times worse to random non-park affiliated posters and the only thing they got were a hundred people posting that nina whatever likes this image.

We were at the park today and just left. We got in line for LR right around 10am (in the rain) with about 100 other people. The employees were very nice in saying we could stay there in line but there were no guarantees the ride would open for rehearsals.

We checked throughout the day and never saw it running. Our last check was around 4:30pm - no line and no activity. Completely shut down.

For the Park's sake I hope it opens for Memorial Day weekend. There are an awful lot of billboards, commercials, toys and even ice cream advertising Lightning Rod. This has got to be killing them.

The complete lack of activity today seems to be a bad sign.

This thread over the past month has been frustrating to say the least. I love the legitimate discussion (even debate), but when it's sprinkled between incredibly tired hashtag jokes, back-and-forth bickering, memes and other nonsense, it's hard to engage. It feels more like the comments section under a BuzzFeed article.

Anywho, I'm hoping the coaster is open when I visit on Monday, but I'll gladly settle for Thunderhead and cinnamon bread.

they also don't need to bend over backwards just because it is a park employee.

Quoted for emphasis. I've seen moderators on this site say things ten times worse to random non-park affiliated posters and the only thing they got were a hundred people posting that nina whatever likes this image.

I mean, the ride isn't all that. Sorry about it. The launch is just a fast elevator lift, and the ride didnt deliver the pumch i was hoping for. I know it was supposed to be the best wooden coaster on planet earth, but I rode it and it wasnt. Just because your love for the park may cloud your judgment doesn't mean that I don't have a right to an opinion on a rollercoaster on a rollercoaster messageboard.

Guys, everyone really does need to pull it together in this thread.

If you don't like a joke, ignore it.

If you feel a different way than a certain poster, feel free to write back your opinion in a respectful manner.

If you're writing to a director of a park, show some respect.

If you're writing to a park employee, show some respect.

If you're writing to a moderator, show some respect.

If you're writing to any other human being, show some respect.

Why does everyone have to be so full of hate online? It's really sad. You're all arguing over a roller coaster / amusement park / forum!!! Just try and have fun and stop hating on everything.

I'm just really baffled why in this thread it's treason to badmouth a rollercoaster? Everyone has different likes and dislikes about coasters. Hell, I think gatekeeper is awesome, but the whole thread doesn't whine and cry about the opinions. Jeez.

It goes both ways. If you go to a message full of sports fans of a certain team, tell the fans how overrated their team is, you should expect to receive some form of backlash.

You have also been all over the place with your posts as well.

First you say this:

Lightning Rod is really good. It may not be the best of the best woodies out there, and I personally think it's glaringly missing at least 1 really good inversion, but is a good solid ride. Keep in mind this is,my very FIRST rmc.

And then you say this:

Here's some new drama: Dollywood is overpriced as hell to get in and Lightning Rod wasnt all that. Discuss.

And then it is backing to being great:

I honestly don't mean to come across so negative. I think lightning rod was great, but yeah I think it would have put it into the stratosphere if it had a signature RMC stall or corked roll.

This one is strange because you don't know what a signature RMC stall or corked roll feels like yet that is what kept it from being "in the stratosphere".

And then finally this:

I mean, the ride isn't all that. Sorry about it. The launch is just a fast elevator lift...

If you want your opinion to be respected, try to be a little more consistent in it.

Edited by ernierocker