TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Dollywood's website has a picture of Wild Eagle in their list of rides. Now, of course it does, but the picture is listed as Lightning Rod (and then reappears as Wild Eagle).

That's right, they didn't post a proper Rod shot.

Just got off! Was on the first tech rehearsal train out! The ride is stunning!

Very cool! I'm going to the park in a few hours for the very first time and will be there tomorrow and Wednesday.

Did someone approach you by the ride and give you that Lightning Rod pass?

So this was asked several pages back but probably lost due to all the hash tags.. like this user asked, are they asking guest to ride? Is it open with a long line? Do you request to ride?

For those that rode it, how did you get on it. I'm sure several of us would like to know

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So they have a representive around to the right side of the main entrance. (The time saver line I believe)They had an A frame sign talking about the tech rehearsals, and the rep had a stack of cards, prob 1 trains worth, and people were in a unofficial line, so he distributed them. They opened the chain, we got the cards taken from us in the station, and got one lap.

Sweet now I know what to look for if I can make it there one evening this week

Of course I won't be upset if it isn't running when I am there.. I love just visiting for dinner anyways..

Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have enjoyed all the banter that #itllneveropen has provided......guess I'm in the minority as most posts are complaining about it! Oh well.....

I had fun with it, but in retrospect I wish I had never participated.

I had no idea how it was ruining so many lives.

This is really a PR nightmare for Dollywood and Rocky Mountain Construction...

This has been pegged the unofficial best new roller coaster for 2016 and currently Dollywood looks awful b/c it is not open yet and they had a media day with nothing for the media to ride. They can save face if it is open by Memorial Day b/c that is the unofficial start of summer...This may be the first ,only and last launched wooden roller coaster. It really is not even worth the trouble IMO. Yes a launch is always pretty cool but the launch is essentially just a high tech lift hill.

I called it! I also stand by my opinion from early April!

I'm still not sure what exactly it is that you 'called'. Big freaking deal it didn't open by the target date. Shit happens. Lessons will be learned, RMC will continue to flourish and innovate.

^ No, see, I don't allow Quicktime on my computer. It's literally worse than hitler.

Any decent video player should be able to play it, as .mp4 is an open standard.

Actually it's a .mov im not sure but I think that might be an apple file.

EDIT: Turns out it is, that video is probably taken from an iphone. speaking of which you should get an android.

Edited by nicman

#ithasalreadysoftopened

Also... I think it's about time we lynch Guy T. Koepp for instigating this riot

It's OK Pontius Pilate, I mean PixelRush. Jesus was persecuted too. And he saved mankind. I embrace all the naysayers. And I gladly absorb all your hatred and malice. It helps feed the cold dark truth about the world around us all. The great veil that we all live in. I regret nothing, except that I was not able to shed a tear for the children. The children. We must always think of the children. For they are the innocent ones. Blind to the ever presence of dark and light. I weep for them now as mine time draws to a close. I close my eyes as the battle rages on. A battle between Heaven and Hell, of space and time. I will fight on, like a Valkyrie guarding the gates of Tartarus to not loose the Titans. I will fight on, even as the ones I fight for spit upon mine eyes and try to clip my wings. I will fight the good fight! Even for you PixelRush. Even for you.

But mostly for the children. Cause' ya know, kids.

#Itllneveropen

Currently in the middle of a two-week USA coaster tour and I definitely chose the right day to go to Dollywood!

We told the guy in charge that we were visiting from Scotland and probably wouldn't be able to return for at least a couple of years (which is true) and he very kindly allowed us into the station without tickets. The ride operator then let us queue for the front row.

The ride's awesome!

01_dollywood.thumb.JPG.cdb78f684b90fc67ec05acbb6d9ac7cd.JPG

02_dollywood.thumb.JPG.26d85332396745101b2e495484ba3044.JPG

03_dollywood.thumb.JPG.da8c0ba3238c0e05d3ca1ca83ce4cd56.JPG

04_dollywood.thumb.JPG.bc510d88c7f30335a2d702adb89c0359.JPG

05_dollywood.thumb.JPG.480cb087e3e85998505959cd9ecabc20.JPG

#ithasalreadysoftopened

Also... I think it's about time we lynch Guy T. Koepp for instigating this riot

It's OK Pontius Pilate, I mean PixelRush. Jesus was persecuted too. And he saved mankind. I embrace all the naysayers. And I gladly absorb all your hatred and malice. It helps feed the cold dark truth about the world around us all. The great veil that we all live in. I regret nothing, except that I was not able to shed a tear for the children. The children. We must always think of the children. For they are the innocent ones. Blind to the ever presence of dark and light. I weep for them now as mine time draws to a close. I close my eyes as the battle rages on. A battle between Heaven and Hell, of space and time. I will fight on, like a Valkyrie guarding the gates of Tartarus to not loose the Titans. I will fight on, even as the ones I fight for spit upon mine eyes and try to clip my wings. I will fight the good fight! Even for you PixelRush. Even for you.

But mostly for the children. Cause' ya know, kids.

#Itllneveropen

You're a great man Guy T. Koepp. . . a great man!

Currently in the middle of a two-week USA coaster tour and I definitely chose the right day to go to Dollywood!

We told the guy in charge that we were visiting from Scotland and probably wouldn't be able to return for at least a couple of years (which is true) and he very kindly allowed us into the station without tickets. The ride operator then let us queue for the front row.

The ride's awesome!

[attachment=0]01_dollywood.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]02_dollywood.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=2]03_dollywood.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=3]04_dollywood.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=4]05_dollywood.JPG[/attachment]

Im so glad to see this comment from you guys! I'm very happy to hear that my fellow team members took great care of you. It was my pleasure to treat you both during your trip to the states and Dollywood!