TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Just got off! Was on the first tech rehearsal train out! The ride is stunning!

Very cool! I'm going to the park in a few hours for the very first time and will be there tomorrow and Wednesday.

Did someone approach you by the ride and give you that Lightning Rod pass?

JUST RODE LIGHTNING ROD!! Absolutely phenomenal! Forceful, intense, out of control, airtime galore! My new favorite woodie! Congrats to Dollywood and RMC on a job well-done! #ItHasSoftOpened

image.thumb.jpeg.4d0519c8c4e744af0a3d00bf792fa6bc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0a6eba6ba837c10651b3f3915a572f00.jpeg

Edited by VF15

Monorailorange- Any details on specific elements?

So this was my first RMC, and we were assigned row 7. As I'm sure everyone is aware the train picks up speed before the hill. The launch was incredible, but really not as forceful as I thought it'd be, but still an absolute blast! The air time on "Dolly's humps" was great and the first drop just seems to go on forever! I was out of my seat all the way down! The overbanked turns carry terrific speed, but the outter bank hill for me was a OMFG moment! I loved it! The quad down was just plain fun, ejecting out of my seat by the 2nd, 3rd and 4th hill, and the large turnaround back to the brakes at the station was quick and snappy! Overall a fantastic coaster with quick transitions and blistering speed throughout!

First and foremost, Photoshop. Dollywood probably has a team of graphic artists standing by photpshoping people on to a train that they are then photoshoping into the tracks. After all the lies and deceit that they played with our minds and emotions about if and when it would open, I wouldn't put it past them to do this just to try and regain our trust. If only to dash our hearts to the rocks like a cliff diver at extremely low tide. Don't fall for the hype people. There is nothing anyone can say or do to make me believe that this ride is actually operating until I can actually climb in and experience it for myself. Even then I will have my doubts. Afterall, with the progress of hypnotic drugs and realtime VR experiences, how do we know that they arn't somehow tricking us in to believing something that doesn't even exist in reality anymore. Much bigger hoaxes have happened in our world that people still believe to this day. Orson Wells raidoplay of War of the Worlds, Roswell, Alien Autopsy, JFK, Apollo Lunar Landing, Lightning Rod. C'mon sheeple, how are you all fooled so easily in this day and age. How do we even know we exist? Perhaps we are just billions of streaming consciousness all plugged in to the same digital pipeline. And some of us are doubting the superprocessor that is controlling out thoughts. I don't know about you all, but I've broken free. I see the reality. I'm no longer breathing some sort of oxegenated liquid in a pod in a human cloning farm. Break free people! It's all an illusion. The really real world is a cold and ugly place where Dolly, Herschend, and RMC don't give a crap about you! They relish in manipulating your emotions. Wake up people! Wake up!

#Itllneveropen

Because it probably doesn't even really exist.

First and foremost, Photoshop. Dollywood probably has a team of graphic artists standing by photpshoping people on to a train that they are then photoshoping into the tracks. After all the lies and deceit that they played with our minds and emotions about if and when it would open, I wouldn't put it past them to do this just to try and regain our trust. If only to dash our hearts to the rocks like a cliff diver at extremely low tide. Don't fall for the hype people. There is nothing anyone can say or do to make me believe that this ride is actually operating until I can actually climb in and experience it for myself. Even then I will have my doubts. Afterall, with the progress of hypnotic drugs and realtime VR experiences, how do we know that they arn't somehow tricking us in to believing something that doesn't even exist in reality anymore. Much bigger hoaxes have happened in our world that people still believe to this day. Orson Wells raidoplay of War of the Worlds, Roswell, Alien Autopsy, JFK, Apollo Lunar Landing, Lightning Rod. C'mon sheeple, how are you all fooled so easily in this day and age. How do we even know we exist? Perhaps we are just billions of streaming consciousness all plugged in to the same digital pipeline. And some of us are doubting the superprocessor that is controlling out thoughts. I don't know about you all, but I've broken free. I see the reality. I'm no longer breathing some sort of oxegenated liquid in a pod in a human cloning farm. Break free people! It's all an illusion. The really real world is a cold and ugly place where Dolly, Herschend, and RMC don't give a crap about you! They relish in manipulating your emotions. Wake up people! Wake up!

#Itllneveropen

I was just going to post the exact same thing!!

#Itllneveropen

Can this all stop now?

Thanks for the reviews VF15 and MonorailORANGE! I can't wait to hear more!

What a bizarre way to soft-open a coaster. I guess they don't want huge crowds to line up because they may need to close it for whatever reason and don't want to disappoint a three-hour line of people. Openly calling it a "technical rehearsal" seems so weird to me. I would think it might freak out some guests who would think the coaster might be dangerous or something.

Can we stop the low-effort joke posts now?

#Itllneveropen

I'm at the park now, and nothing has changed. The ride hasn't ran all day. They're telling guests that they need to take a green pill before riding "to ensure public safety." Thank you so much for this post, Guy. I had the pill I my mouth as I was reading this post before spitting it out in fearful rage. I can't believe Dolly would do something like this to her guests.

#Itllneveropen

Even when it opens to played out joke continues

Just add users that spam the thread (and those who quote them) to your foe-list and you don't have to read through their posts. I've added 7 people from this thread and it's wonderful.

Edited by Swede

^See? This wouldn't have happened if the useless posts from the last page didn't bump the thread to this page. Sure, he could have read back a page, but he probably figured there was nothing important there.

I have avoided this thread except for once or twice a week because the jokes got old pretty quickly. I want to hear more about Lightning Rod's ride expierence without having to dig through useless "Dollywood hoax" posts.

Edited by RollerManic

#Itllneveropen

I was just going to post the exact same thing!!

No! NO! Come to your own conclusion! Don't tap into my stream of consciousness. That's what they want! Think for yourself! Dig deep, find your own reason to not believe! Break free man! Break free! If we all believe what I say, then they can find a way to counterprogram, write new code to block the virus we are putting into the tubes. If we can collectively create enough counterviruses, they will never be able to out hack us. Write your own code man! Make it unhackable! When attacked, attack back! Build firewalls, then build firewalls for those firewalls. But always have an escape route so you can come at the truth from another direction.

No! NO! Come to your own conclusion! Don't tap into my stream of consciousness. That's what they want! Think for yourself! Dig deep, find your own reason to not believe! Break free man! Break free! If we all believe what I say, then they can find a way to counterprogram, write new code to block the virus we are putting into the tubes. If we can collectively create enough counterviruses, they will never be able to out hack us. Write your own code man! Make it unhackable! When attacked, attack back! Build firewalls, then build firewalls for those firewalls. But always have an escape route so you can come at the truth from another direction.
Just don't set the password as Joshua.

^See? This wouldn't have happened if the useless posts from the last page didn't bump the thread to this page. Sure, he could have read back a page, but he probably figured there was nothing important there.

I have avoided this thread except for once or twice a week because the jokes got old pretty quickly. I want to hear more about Lightning Rod's ride expierence without having to dig through useless "Dollywood hoax" posts.

giphy.gif.024f32db971b3a0c528beb0447b988a6.gif

Just got off! Was on the first tech rehearsal train out! The ride is stunning!

Very cool! I'm going to the park in a few hours for the very first time and will be there tomorrow and Wednesday.

Did someone approach you by the ride and give you that Lightning Rod pass?

So this was asked several pages back but probably lost due to all the hash tags.. like this user asked, are they asking guest to ride? Is it open with a long line? Do you request to ride?

For those that rode it, how did you get on it. I'm sure several of us would like to know

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm excited to hear everyone's thoughts on the coaster! Also, I have my fingers crossed for the final part of that documentary series about Lightning Rod. Does anyone think Dollywood might be releasing an official POV soon?