TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Here is a quick video of the coaster going over the lift and 2nd hill. You can see the coaster is moving fine over the hills with a train of people. Wait until close to the end and you can see the coaster in the bottom of the screen on its way back to the station before going into the quadruple-down.

I think the countdown is on.....

The surroundings do look so much better with all the foliage.

My issue with the #itllneveropen is the fact that I have almost stopped coming to the Dollywood thread.. Everytime I log in I see 4 or 5 pages of hashtags that I personally don't find funny..

The real info and answers that people come here seeking are hidden between all this..

But hey for those having fun with it (which is only a handful of people, same people keep posting them over and over) have fun!

Looks like it will only be a few more days hopefully and will be open soon!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's funny here and there, but theres literally 2 pages straight of nothing but #itllneveropen so its sorta worn itself dry on me.

It's funny here and there, but theres literally 2 pages straight of nothing but #itllneveropen so its sorta worn itself dry on me.

It was harmless until everyone felt the need to get in on the action.

^Not sure what's happening there with that train but the video that VF15 posted above you certainly shows it's testing today

The coaster has 2 trains. From the number of sections sitting on the ground, it appears to only be 1 train off the track broken up. Not sure why they took the one train off last night, but one is off and sitting on the ground.

Quick question, I remember hearing that DW had the option of a free visit the night before, with a purchase of a 1-day ticket. Is this policy still existent? I can't find it online. If so, can somebody explain how it works?

Yes, I did that yesterday. Since I bought my ticket after 3 pm yesterday, I got to come back today for free.

As for Lightning Rod, last time I walked by, someone asked some workers near the ride "Will it open today?" The response was "We don't know". Doesn't look good, but at least it wasn't a definitive "no".