TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I was at the park today, it looks like all of the people who got to ride it while I was there was dollywood employees. They were mostly in the front and back. I never saw people testing in the middle. They also have put the test seat out, and unlike Mystery Mine, the restraints would actually give me the green light. Why that's interesting is I'm 6'5" and 348.

A cast member also told me that they had seat belt extenders if the belt didn't fit, like they have for thunderhead.

Unfortunately, Lightning Rod will not have seat belt extenders. They are adjustable to a set length, but if you cannot fasten the seatbelt in the test seat you will not be able to ride.

Thanks Danny for clearing it up! Still can't wait to ride this beast (I know people will take that sexually..) but I feel like LR has power that is just waiting to be released!

I can't believe there is an #itllneveropen movement. It reminds me of the Never Trump movement. The roller coaster is up and testing yet people still think that the ride won't open. Even Flying Turns opened... eventually, lol.

I'll know when it is opened because all the banter and complaining will stop in the forum lol

Only problem with this train of thought is...

...wait for it.

WAIT FOR IT!

WAIT FOR IT!!!

#youobviouslydontreadtheseforumsanddontevencomprehendhowpettyandinsignificantthetruebelieverscanbe

OH Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd!!!

#Itllneveropen

I can't believe there is an #itllneveropen movement. It reminds me of the Never Trump movement. The roller coaster is up and testing yet people still think that the ride won't open. Even Flying Turns opened... eventually, lol.

Especially with the fact that they may actually let a few people on it tomorrow and a chance of opening Tuesday/Wednesday looks good.

I may think it's dumb, but at least I can recognize a running joke when I see one...

Especially with the fact that they may actually let a few people on it tomorrow and a chance of opening Tuesday/Wednesday looks good.

You all tire me. The only problem with this kind of optimism is...

Blah. blah, blah... ...wait for it... ...Blah, blah, blah.

#Itllneveropen

Here is a quick video of the coaster going over the lift and 2nd hill. You can see the coaster is moving fine over the hills with a train of people. Wait until close to the end and you can see the coaster in the bottom of the screen on its way back to the station before going into the quadruple-down.

I think the countdown is on.....

coaster.MOV

I may think it's dumb, but at least I can recognize a running joke when I see one...

Hopefully Dollywood will play along and announce it's opening with something like #itllopentomorrow

Although that probably won't happen because as we are all aware...

#itllneveropen

My issue with the #itllneveropen is the fact that I have almost stopped coming to the Dollywood thread.. Everytime I log in I see 4 or 5 pages of hashtags that I personally don't find funny..

The real info and answers that people come here seeking are hidden between all this..

But hey for those having fun with it (which is only a handful of people, same people keep posting them over and over) have fun!

Looks like it will only be a few more days hopefully and will be open soon!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My issue with the #itllneveropen is the fact that I have almost stopped coming to the Dollywood thread.. Everytime I log in I see 4 or 5 pages of hashtags that I personally don't find funny..

The real info and answers that people come here seeking are hidden between all this..

But hey for those having fun with it (which is only a handful of people, same people keep posting them over and over) have fun!

Looks like it will only be a few more days hopefully and will be open soon!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thank you. I was afraid I was the only one. It was mildly funny the first 47 times.

EDIT: Screamscape tweeted that the coaster may soft open today:

Fingers crossed.