TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

The disclaimer about it being closed is no longer on the website or the app, at least i couldn't find it.

It's still there.

Sad day, guess it just wasn't picking it up on my phone for some reason. I got all excited.

I was at the park today, it looks like all of the people who got to ride it while I was there was dollywood employees. They were mostly in the front and back. I never saw people testing in the middle. They also have put the test seat out, and unlike Mystery Mine, the restraints would actually give me the green light. Why that's interesting is I'm 6'5" and 348.

A cast member also told me that they had seat belt extenders if the belt didn't fit, like they have for thunderhead.

IMG_20160522_125454-768x1035.thumb.jpg.6b76824abad3a6f86aedae256fc6bfe4.jpg

Lightning Rod test Seat.

Seat belt extenders!!! Yes!! Seems like LR is going to be comfortable which makes me happy. I'm 6'1, 245lbs and Mystery Mine is a lil tight and let's not even talk about WE and the birds nest region haha Big legs on that coaster are just not meant to be. Which is why I always go for row 4.

I'm here at the park now having a mommy daughter date with my three and a half year old. She is finally 36 inches tall so she can ride more rides including her first roller coaster! She was so excited to ride sideshow spin, she said that this was the best day of her life. She looked at lightning rod and said she wanted to ride it next. She's short for her age like I always was so she is in for a long wait before she can ride the big coasters.

image.thumb.jpeg.1521644a4cd4839343b3a5c82368fc4c.jpeg

I'm at the park right now. Saw Lightning Rod testing with employees about two hours ago. Overheard an employee say that they need to get in enough reps on it before it opens, and at this point, it may be open on Tuesday or Wednesday, but don't quote me on that.

I'm at the park right now. Saw Lightning Rod testing with employees about two hours ago. Overheard an employee say that they need to get in enough reps on it before it opens, and at this point, it may be open on Tuesday or Wednesday, but don't quote me on that.

Too late!

I'm here at the park now having a mommy daughter date with my three and a half year old. She is finally 36 inches tall so she can ride more rides including her first roller coaster! She was so excited to ride sideshow spin, she said that this was the best day of her life. She looked at lightning rod and said she wanted to ride it next. She's short for her age like I always was so she is in for a long wait before she can ride the big coasters.

^ How awesome!! A fun mommy/daughter day AND the start of a long love of coasters for her! I remember finally being tall enough to ride certain coasters when I was little and it truly did feel like the best day of my life.

While I was watching test runs of lightning rod a guy came out of a side door of the entrance and some people standing next to me asked when it would be open. He wouldn't say when it would open but he said that tomorrow they were going to pick some guests "that really looked like they wanted to ride" and let them on it.

While I was watching test runs of lightning rod a guy came out of a side door of the entrance and some people standing next to me asked when it would be open. He wouldn't say when it would open but he said that tomorrow they were going to pick some guests "that really looked like they wanted to ride" and let them on it.

Here comes the stampede!

I was at the park today, it looks like all of the people who got to ride it while I was there was dollywood employees. They were mostly in the front and back. I never saw people testing in the middle. They also have put the test seat out, and unlike Mystery Mine, the restraints would actually give me the green light. Why that's interesting is I'm 6'5" and 348.

A cast member also told me that they had seat belt extenders if the belt didn't fit, like they have for thunderhead.

Unfortunately, Lightning Rod will not have seat belt extenders. They are adjustable to a set length, but if you cannot fasten the seatbelt in the test seat you will not be able to ride.