TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

^This! There are many billboards all over the Nashville area advertising Dollywood, with Lightning Rod prominently displayed. I have heard many families at my Karate studio happily making weekend plans to go ride the newest "rolly" coaster at the park. On Monday, I ask about their trip only to have them tell me, "It ain't runnin yet."

Why? You ask?

Cause,

#Itllneveropen

I still like to be on the side of optimism...

#ItllopenREALsoon

I do too, but if something doesn't happen within the next week or so I'm gonna start changing my outlook lol

Well, I'm probably not visiting Dollywood until say....2019? (Age 66!) So, I have every trust and belief in Dolly, that Lightning Rod will open by then!

#ItllopenREALsoon

I was there people. I had more faith than 1Mil Dwood fans combined. But I was hurt. Badly. Dolly tossed my dreams aside and deflated them with her 6 inch stilettos. Ask any long term poster to this thread how devastated I was. I stood up for her. I defended her. And how was I repaid? With torturous lies and deceit. I beg of you! Don't fall for the hype. It's a smoke screen. Her radiance isn't real. The cotton candy tastes good when you've drunk the koolaide. Remember, with rainbows come storm clouds, and with the impending storm comes floods, tornados, death and despair. The failure of Lightning Rod to open on time was that storm for me. But I weathered that storm. And I was changed. I saw the truth behind the veil. And that truth is...

...Itwillneveropen

^ So many words.......

Such little compassion......

#ItllopenREALsoon

P.S. I you, Guy. Man, I think you are great, and an awesome part of what makes TPR really cool!

...You fail to realize Flying Turns is currently open...

I think the original post was referring to the fact that Flying Turns took 7 years to actually open after construction first started.

Another busy day at the park. Also from what I've heard, I wouldn't look at Lightning Rod opening this week or next week, which puts us pretty much into June. I've not heard anything about anymore test runs with water dummies. I'm just sitting here watching hope fade away.

So you have not seen any test runs during the time being there? Just asking...

Another busy day at the park. Also from what I've heard, I wouldn't look at Lightning Rod opening this week or next week, which puts us pretty much into June. I've not heard anything about anymore test runs with water dummies. I'm just sitting here watching hope fade away.

Welcome to the pit of despair!

#Itllneveropen

So you have not seen any test runs during the time being there? Just asking...

We came here knowing it wasn't open and that's fine because we are with family that lives down here and we have passes, also we will be back in mid/late June and July along with random trips. Got here around 12:50ish and its crammed to say the least. I'm mostly enjoying the shows to be honest, lines for the coasters are down to 20-30 mins right now though so we are hitting those up. FCE is still 80, what's new? Earlier Wild Eagle was all the way out into the Midway so I just went to TT and got 3 rides in.

As far as Lightning Rod, I've heard stuff around the site but I myself haven't seen anything. Don't know if I'm at the wrong place at the wrong time or what. The site just looks still and that scares me a bit to be honest. I heard that the ride ops haven't even been trained on the controls or anything yet.