TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Ohhhhhh I didn't notice before, but there's a third somebody, over there on the right, sitting down.

This is getting EX - CI - TING! (He looks bored, too.)

In all seriousness though, if they let Devin Olson on there to produce the last part of the documentary (which will also include riders riding it) what should they need 3 more weeks for? (Just throwing numbers around there with the week estimate deal) I think it will open very soon I'm just saying I don't think it needs to be delayed another 3 weeks if film crews are running around the track on it.

There are a whole lot of things that can be wrong with a ride but still allow the occasional rider or film crew. What if they can only one one train every 10 minutes or something due to mechanical or electric overload? The ride is technically safe for passengers but maybe it's just not ready for prime time and public operation...

There are a whole lot of things that can be wrong with a ride but still allow the occasional rider or film crew. What if they can only one one train every 10 minutes or something due to mechanical or electric overload? The ride is technically safe for passengers but maybe it's just not ready for prime time and public operation...

They were cycling a train about every 5 mins yesterday from about 3-5. I'm no professional, but it looked like each launch was taken with different speeds.

So either the launch isn't performing consistently, which has been rumored, or they are testing for rollback scenarios.

Either way the coaster looks fantastic the launch speed looks slow in video, but when you are standing there watching it speed up that 200+ lift it looks fast.

BTW has anyone paid attention to what they say on "Dollywood Radio" in Jukebox Junction? The radio personality says something like "check out Lightning Rod the newest creation....testing today...drop by and watch..." Obviously paraphrasing but i was just wondering if that has been a part of the playlist since the park opened or if it's been added since testing has began. I didn't pay attention on earlier visits.

Hey Guy....

So this past weekend, when I saw Dolly the first time, I told her that you no longer believed that LR would open. I told her that you had lost all faith in her (and humanity for LR) and I asked her what message I could take back to you from her. Here was her response for you!

1481519666_Dollytongue.thumb.jpg.92f01f1b575ba7c62ef9ec4a1a57ee81.jpg

Dolly sticking tongue out at Guy from TPR.

Insider sources aka the dippin dots guys said this picture was taken at the moment she was told that guy had lost faith. Little known fact about dolly. She enjoys letting roller coaster folks down.

image.thumb.jpeg.c9861f76c36c8189155915fbb17dad8e.jpeg

^^So glad to hear that. It is a nice start to healing my broken heart. But she has some mountains to climb before I will be a believer again. I feel like I have been her red headed stepchild that she hid under the stairs. Only to see the light of day when she would take me out to parade in front of the masses. All the other children would tease and taunt me. Call me a Ginger. Say that I was devil spawn. But still I looked up to her, through my rainbow colored glasses.

I have taken the glasses off and am experiencing the world for what it truly is these days. Complete and utter blackness, pain and despair.

Please Dolly! I beg of you. I'm not ready to be re-embraced by the light. Give me time to experience the darkness. Only then can I heal. And when I'm ready, I will ask for forgiveness. I only pray that you will have the patience to wait for me. I had a dream the other night that you looked upon me with childlike wonderment again, you took me as I was, a new and complete human being. And I slept in the warm embrace of your arms.

STOP!

See, It's already happening! I feel the conflict! I'm not ready! Shield me darkness! Shield meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

THANK YOU.

#ItllNeverOpen