TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

OK WTF? I grew up in Australia. I've been to Katoomba many times. I had no idea what you guys were talking about with this Orphan Rocker business.

It's legendary in the enthusiast community. Probably not so anywhere else.

It's all over the place. . .

Use to when saw a new post in this thread I would think it was an update on lighting rod. . . But nope, just more of these stupid pictures.

So the guy who partakes in all the "boat" nonsense in the CP thread comes over here to complain about a running joke in the Dollywood thread??

Oh, the wonderful irony there!!

I'm sure like the boat it will eventually cease being funny, but some of them have made me chuckle.....especially since they all say "Delayed" when we all know that Lightning Rod will never even open!

new news is that testing has come to end.

WATE tv update 4/26/16

PIGEON FORGE (WATE) – Rollercoaster lovers can rejoice.

Pete Owens with Dollywood says the Lightning Rod will open in the next few weeks. According to Owens, crews finished testing of the roller coaster on Friday.

The innovative ride uses new technology never used on a wooden coaster and the manufacturer asked for additional time to finish up. It is the first launched wooden coaster in the world. It will also be the fastest wooden coaster in the world. The coaster’s hot rod themed trains will race down a 165-foot drop reaching a top speed of 73 miles per hour.

edit - they revised the story to fix the sentence about testing.

Pete Owens with Dollywood says the Lightning Rod will open in the next few weeks. According to Owens, crews resumed commissioning of the roller coaster on Friday.
Edited by coasterfreaky

^Could we really finally be seeing this thing open?!

I hope they announce an official opening date as soon as they are 100% confident, because if they provide a date, I will be there.

Otherwise I'll be there sometime after I see pictures of people riding it.