TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

At Dollywood today...picture perfect day...crowds were light this morning. They've done a fantastic job renovating Jukebox Junction. Has a much more fun "vibe" to the area now.

ZERO activity on Lightning Rod...haven't seen a single person anywhere near it to work on anything.

The new food truck in Jukebox Junction serves up some delicious, fresh fried chicken sandwiches. Highly recommend.

image.thumb.jpeg.13786baf31a272e12cb80a7ba042bc70.jpeg

At Dollywood today...picture perfect day...crowds were light this morning. They've done a fantastic job renovating Jukebox Junction. Has a much more fun "vibe" to the area now.

ZERO activity on Lightning Rod...haven't seen a single person anywhere near it to work on anything.

The new food truck in Jukebox Junction serves up some delicious, fresh fried chicken sandwiches. Highly recommend.

Is the Dizzy Disc running yet??

I'm curious as to why Slidewinder isn't running til May 27th. Can't be because of it being a "super wet" ride because the wettest I've ever gotten on a ride at Dollywood is River Battle. That wet was uncomfortable wet haha. Wondering if they're doing a boat redesign or refab of the whole thing?

I'm curious as to why Slidewinder isn't running til May 27th. Can't be because of it being a "super wet" ride because the wettest I've ever gotten on a ride at Dollywood is River Battle. That wet was uncomfortable wet haha. Wondering if they're doing a boat redesign or refab of the whole thing?

I'm pretty sure there was a sign out in front of the ride that said something about "seasonal maintenance." Plus, I mean the ride doesn't get great ridership anyways so my theory is that Dollywood is saving money with it being closed for a few months. They keep it closed during spring when not many people ride it, then they open it up during the summer when they need extra capacity.

A lot of people don't even know it exists haha I mean Barnstormer helped a bit with that but if you don't know the park, and you don't ride Barnstormer, you won't find it. I took some friends last year, that hadn't been since the addition of Timber Tower and they went to Barnstormer and for some reason thought Slidewinder was removed. Haha It's just one of those attractions that gets looked over I guess.

Slidewinder has always opened later than other rides.. Usually in April so I'd imagine it'll open fairly soon!!

It's a shame people don't know about slidewinder.. It used to always have long lines! Ha-ha years ago!

Is the Dizzy Disc running yet??

Yes, it was running and had about a 30min wait.

Good to hear! It's been down my first two visits this year I love that ride, it's about the only thing I ride in the carnival area

Slidewinder has always opened later than other rides.. Usually in April so I'd imagine it'll open fairly soon!!

It's a shame people don't know about slidewinder.. It used to always have long lines! Ha-ha years ago!

It has always opened on opening day in years past.

It has always opened on opening day in years past.

I always go several times in March and the last few years it's been closed on the days I visit.. Could be temperature related but I never get to ride it until early April. I just assumed they never opened it until early April

I have always found that weird as all the other water rides are open in early march even on those days I tried to ride Slidewinder

^Perhaps it's something in the wood that causes the LIMs to not work properly? Perhaps LIMs were never meant to be made out of wood in the first place. Come to think of it, wood isn't a good conductor at all. In fact, if high enough current is applied to wood, it catches fire. That's not good. In fact, being a wood coaster, I'm leaning toward bad. You'd think they would make them out of some sort of conductive material. Or better yet, magnets. That way they could use them to push or stop the train just by adding current in succession. If I was designing it, that's what I would use. But I'm no engineer.

I think he's getting somewhere with this...

I think we can all agree that this is a repeat of Son of Beast.

Oh 100 percent! They will eventually have to take the loop out of Lighting Rod as well. The industry refuses to learn from its past. I bet they will put in a clone of Hypersonic XLC next. Shake my head.