TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

i dont no about u guys but i am getting sick and tired of all of them delays my wife and i bought tickets for dollywood and i expected to be able to go onthis ride like i was told i wood be able 2..... .. i told dollywood that i wanted my money back and they refunded my tickets but i said thats not enuff the representative said they could not refund me for the cabin i rented and i said that bs because i rented that cabin so that my seven kids and i could ride this ride and i cant even afford it anyway so now my credit card company is calling and telling me that i need to pay before i go to the cabin and honestly none of this wood have happnd if DW wouldnt have sent my wife an email SIX MONTHS AGO SAYING THAT THE RIDE WOLD BE OPEN!!!!! were so frustrated and now my 4 year old is crying to my 5 year old who keeps telin my 3 year old that he will never be able to ride this ride ever because RMC is not the company they were two years ago. i cant help butt agree with all of them because when we were at mcdonalds last nite i was even talking to the guy at the cash register that even said that he went to great american six flags last year in gurnee chicago and he didnt even get any money back when goliath wasnt open. they need to do something like let everyone ride this ride for free wants they open it since they r screweing over all of their hard working customers i work 3 jobs and my wife and kids and i can barely afford cigarettes let alone tickets to dollywould that i completely wasted

also dose anyone think that the muscle car is dumb for litning rod? why couldnt they make it so ur ridin in a kick a$$ yellow camaro or something actually realistic to this century? LOL!!

I really hate you right now...

[...and I will return to reading.]

i dont no about u guys but i am getting sick and tired of all of them delays my wife and i bought tickets for dollywood and i expected to be able to go onthis ride like i was told i wood be able 2..... .. i told dollywood that i wanted my money back and they refunded my tickets but i said thats not enuff the representative said they could not refund me for the cabin i rented and i said that bs because i rented that cabin so that my seven kids and i could ride this ride and i cant even afford it anyway so now my credit card company is calling and telling me that i need to pay before i go to the cabin and honestly none of this wood have happnd if DW wouldnt have sent my wife an email SIX MONTHS AGO SAYING THAT THE RIDE WOLD BE OPEN!!!!! were so frustrated and now my 4 year old is crying to my 5 year old who keeps telin my 3 year old that he will never be able to ride this ride ever because RMC is not the company they were two years ago. i cant help butt agree with all of them because when we were at mcdonalds last nite i was even talking to the guy at the cash register that even said that he went to great american six flags last year in gurnee chicago and he didnt even get any money back when goliath wasnt open. they need to do something like let everyone ride this ride for free wants they open it since they r screweing over all of their hard working customers i work 3 jobs and my wife and kids and i can barely afford cigarettes let alone tickets to dollywould that i completely wasted

also dose anyone think that the muscle car is dumb for litning rod? why couldnt they make it so ur ridin in a kick a$$ yellow camaro or something actually realistic to this century? LOL!!

Whaaaaaaa! You couldnt enjoy the rest of the park...probavly shouldn't have booked a trip you cant afford...think DW cares about your irresponsible CC use, bet they don't...Coasters, especially new ones always have issues. Shoulda waited a few months, goung to ride a coaster on a probected opening day is a gamble

Whaaaaaaa! You couldnt enjoy the rest of the park...probavly shouldn't have booked a trip you cant afford...think DW cares about your irresponsible CC use, bet they don't...Coasters, especially new ones always have issues. Shoulda waited a few months, goung to ride a coaster on a probected opening day is a gamble

MUCH JOY JUST CAME TO MY LIFE!

MUCH JOY JUST CAME TO MY LIFE!

Not really at all. There are several different types of hockey, being floor hockey, field hockey, roller hockey, and ICE hockey. Roller hockey is very popular in the STL area where I am from. The sport I play is called Ice Hockey. Way to get the point, though.

...now back on topic.

I did a field test by asking people I know, and at least in Minnesota, it's just called hockey UNLESS you are playing some other variation of it (floor, field, roller). To me, it's exactly the same. Unnecessarily adding a word.

You're both wrong.

"Hockey" is always played on a field. There's no such term as "field hockey"

Not really at all. There are several different types of hockey, being floor hockey, field hockey, roller hockey, and ICE hockey. Roller hockey is very popular in the STL area where I am from. The sport I play is called Ice Hockey. Way to get the point, though.

...now back on topic.

I did a field test by asking people I know, and at least in Minnesota, it's just called hockey UNLESS you are playing some other variation of it (floor, field, roller). To me, it's exactly the same. Unnecessarily adding a word.

You're both wrong.

"Hockey" is always played on a field. There's no such term as "field hockey"

This may shock you, but you are both right! In different places they call it different things, like in the UK, it is football, but in Smerica it is soccer.

See, while this is perfectly executed sarcasm I'm always hesitant to post something like this because it doesn't seem too far off from actual posts that people would actually be dumb enough to make and I always assumed people would feel the need to respond as if I was being serious.

See Dollywoods downside is that they still have

1.) A lot of people who buy tickets at the park

2.) Majority of the people who come stay off site

So they can't plan accordingly like Disney can.. We can't blaim Dollywood for this.. They really have no good way for trying to determine how many people will be there.

But a pretty day like Wednesday was, I feel they should have planned for more than 7,000 people.. Times are changing and Dollywood has had this issue two times very recently now.. Maybe they need to look at how they make their estimates.. Maybe there is no good way to do it.. Disney does it well BUT most of their customers stay on property making Disney look like geniuses at attendance estimations haha

Anyways today I think they had planned for 20,000 because all rides had most trains running and there really was no wait on anything..

Either way today was a GREAT day and everyone was very very friendly!!

Most parks have Projections of what guest numbers will be, and that's based on a wide range of Factors, including what attendance was on that date, day of the week, etc. going back 10 years or more. The only hard numbers are group sales for that day. A park never wants to be caught in a situation where they are off projection by 10,000 guests. It must have been a "perfect storm" that happened. Work in this industry long enough and you learn sometimes poo-poo happens, and if you are caught it it, just roll with it.

I’m sure attendance projections are very fickle, but maybe they could provide a small incentive for guests to indicate when they plan to visit the park. For instance, at the online ticket purchasing checkout they could offer a voucher for a free frozen lemonade or something small to guests that voluntarily offer which day they plan to visit the park. It would non-binding to the guest of course, but the information would be useful to Dollywood and I would expect the cost of a couple thousand free lemonades to be pretty nominal.

Six flags offers discounts if you buy tickets online.. I'm sure this encourages people to buy online and helps them with their projections.

Dollywood has no such thing which is why I assume I see more people at their ticket Windows buying real tickets.. At six flags most people have printed tickets in hand..

I'm sure even though six flags doesn't ask when you plan on visiting, if they see a surge in online tickets a few days before a pretty weekend, I'm sure that helps them project more for that weekend

Just a thought

Please don't take this as ME looking for discount tickets.. I am a yearly Gold Pass holder so I'd never need ticket discounts ha-ha

^While many dislike Prozach as he is (generally speaking) very critical and pessimistic, that, my friend, is sarcasm. (Look at the grammer, spelling, and drama.)

Oh, and it's more satire than just sarcasm.. but who cares?

Oh, I am perfectly aware. But I have had to respond to emails that were written almost exactly like that. I don't need those memories.