TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

A question, so Wild Eagle has the larger seatbelts on row 4, simple logic leads me to ask why they can't have the larger seatbelts on all rows? I've seen children that barely meet the height requirement ride in that row, and i have seen a single person that most likely weighs more than me and a companion rider in other row's (guess they fit just due to the specific shape of their body) I'm most definitely not trying to be mean with this question, i'm just curious. I know someone knows why, just need that knowledge myself.

That particular row of seats is designed to accommodate passengers with different body types. It is not as simple as lengthening all seatbelts.

Fixed. Weight and body size are two different things. A busty female weighing 140lbs may not fit into a regular seat comfortably thus needing a larger seat whereas a 200lb male might fit fine in a regular seat.

No, those particular seats are designed to accommodate heavier people. As in their is more reinforcement in the construction of the row to accommodate more weight.

Each seat is built to hold a lot more weight than will ever be in the seat.. The construction of the larger seats is simply that.. To fit lager people.. If a 500 pound person could magically fit into row 2 that seat will hold them just as well as row 4.

I'm a climbing instructor and by law our ziplines and what not are required to be able to hold thousands of pounds even though we would never have anyone over 250 - 300 pounds on them.

Each seat on wild eagle is the same.. It doesn't need "beefed up" construction to hold the extra weight at all

Why wild eagle only put them on one row, I have no idea.. But it has nothing to do with those seats being "stronger"..I'm sure it has to do more with something like keeping the trains lighter or maybe even a cost issue as bigger seats cost more.

Edited by dstephe9

(You remember the thing that people thought FOR SURE on Texas Giant the wheels wouldn't be able to run in-between...)

Darn it, I don't need any more reminders of my own stupidity. Leave me alone!

Is "Flat Spots" the new "Bolt Gaps?"

(You remember the thing that people thought FOR SURE on Texas Giant the wheels wouldn't be able to run in-between...)

LMAO!

Seriously!! I feel like there are always new scandals anytime a park does anything out of the ordinary.

A question, so Wild Eagle has the larger seatbelts on row 4, simple logic leads me to ask why they can't have the larger seatbelts on all rows? I've seen children that barely meet the height requirement ride in that row, and i have seen a single person that most likely weighs more than me and a companion rider in other row's (guess they fit just due to the specific shape of their body) I'm most definitely not trying to be mean with this question, i'm just curious. I know someone knows why, just need that knowledge myself.

That particular row of seats is designed to accommodate passengers with different body types. It is not as simple as lengthening all seatbelts.

Fixed. Weight and body size are two different things. A busty female weighing 140lbs may not fit into a regular seat comfortably thus needing a larger seat whereas a 200lb male might fit fine in a regular seat.

No, those particular seats are designed to accommodate heavier people. As in their is more reinforcement in the construction of the row to accommodate more weight.

Each seat is built to hold a lot more weight than will ever be in the seat.. The construction of the larger seats is simply that.. To fit lager people.. If a 500 pound person could magically fit into row 2 that seat will hold them just as well as row 4.

I'm a climbing instructor and by law our ziplines and what not are required to be able to hold thousands of pounds even though we would never have anyone over 250 - 300 pounds on them.

Each seat on wild eagle is the same.. It doesn't need "beefed up" construction to hold the extra weight at all

Why wild eagle only put them on one row, I have no idea.. But it has nothing to do with those seats being "stronger"..I'm sure it has to do more with something like keeping the trains lighter or maybe even a cost issue as bigger seats cost more.

If the seats are exactly the same then why would those seats cost more? They differ in design slightly to allow larger people. There are additional changes beyond the red seatbelt.

So, I was over on the Dollywood Facebook page just looking around and I saw a couple of posts talking about huge delays with everything. I guess the Lumberjack pizza place has been swamped and people have been waiting for hours. I really hate to hear this... I'm sure many of you experienced the insane end of season days last year. I was really hoping Dollywood would start the season totally prepared with extra staff on hand. Is an understaffed Dollywood just something we're gonna have to just get used to?

Dollywood must be really crowded this week. I saw waits of 80 minutes for Firechaser and 45 minutes for Thunderhead. I have never seen waits that high at Dollywood.

It's Spring Break plus opening week. Every major park that is open this week and next week is going to be busy.

Dollywood has over 500,000 facebook fans now but yet STILL doesn't have a social media representative responding to questions, complaints, etc. Unbelievable for a park historically known for customer service to essentially abandon their customers on facebook. I'm afraid that long lines and subpar service is becoming part of the "new" Dollywood experience.

Dollywood has over 500,000 facebook fans now but yet STILL doesn't have a social media representative responding to questions, complaints, etc. Unbelievable for a park historically known for customer service to essentially abandon their customers on facebook.

Or, maybe the park just doesn't take Faceboook complaints all that seriously. . . I mean honestly... It's Facebook. If it they were legitimate complaints, then the person complaining could easily call, or email the park to have the issue addressed.

I'm afraid that long lines and subpar service is becoming part of the "new" Dollywood experience.

You're afraid that long lines are becoming a thing at Dollywood?? If anything you should be GLAD that the park is developing long lines. That means that the park is busy, which is good for business. Long lines (typically) mean more guest in the park, which means more money for the park, which means the park can then use some of the money for newer additions.

Dollywood has over 500,000 facebook fans now but yet STILL doesn't have a social media representative responding to questions, complaints, etc. Unbelievable for a park historically known for customer service to essentially abandon their customers on facebook.

Or, maybe the park just doesn't take Faceboook complaints all that seriously. . . I mean honestly... It's Facebook. If it they were legitimate complaints, then the person complaining could easily call, or email the park to have the issue addressed.

I'm afraid that long lines and subpar service is becoming part of the "new" Dollywood experience.

You're afraid that long lines are becoming a thing at Dollywood?? If anything you should be GLAD that the park is developing long lines. That means that the park is busy, which is good for business. Long lines (typically) mean more guest in the park, which means more money for the park, which means the park can then use some of the money for newer additions.

Yeah but most companies take Facebook complaints very seriously.. Most companies are so serious about them, that Facebook is the only way to get local support that used to be called "Executive Support".. Facebook complaints are public.. For example, I had a MAJOR issue with Comcast last week.. I couldn't get their phone reps to even transfer me to someone who COULD help with my problem.. Facebook had the issue fixed in 2 days!! It was a simple issue.. Comcast didn't believe I was "Hard Disconnected" when I was and wouldn't send anyone out to connect me unless I paid for a Pro install.. I just needed the cable hooked up on the outside.. But their phone reps where so bad, they wouldn't send anyone out.. They didn't believe me and had "no" supervisor.. My complaint on Facebook got me a call from "The office of the president" and she had me up ASAP..

I agree Dollywood should have a social media rep that helps at least moderate these complaints. It really goes a long way!! I know there isn't much Dollywood can do for long lines but there are little things they can do for long lines at a Pizza place.. Meal Voucher? Free Soda?? Something to say "we are sorry".. I had an issue with something at six flags.. Complained on facebook, just venting.. Someone contacted me and gave me a free meal voucher.. That went a long way with me!! Again I was just venting with a post that said "#sixflags Been in line for 40 minutes for a hamburger!!" not even a major complaint

But the big thing is they need someone to respond to questions on there facebook! It's just another line of customer service for people who can't always call in and Dollywoods email support is very slow anyways

Yes! That was my point. When someone asks a simple question on their Facebook page and there is no response...... Even worse when someone compliments the park or a staff member and there is no response.... Just pitiful from a park founded on southern hospitality and customer service.

and looking through Facebook right now they just have complaints from this week.. From poor customer service in the park to misspelling Colombia's name on signs..

Ya know, to me it isn't a big deal but someone answering questions does show great CS.. I have seen questions as simple as "How much is parking" that I have personally responded to so that the customer can be helped out. I know the customer could go online and find the answer but still..

Anyways I am trying to stay off their facebook now haha.. I plan on going tomorrow and don't want to be like "WOW, am i really going to have to wait for 50 minutes for my giant pizza"

I ALWAYS eat that giant pizza lol and have missed it all winter

On a side note, what bottle is Dollywood using for refills?? I got one during Christmas that has LR on it and says coming 2016.. The picture online SHOWS THAT BOTTLE as the current bottle (Or did when I renewed my tickets two weeks ago).. They using the same bottle right now? if so that will save some money!!

EDIT: I answered my own question by looking at their website.. Any bottle purchased after NOV 7th 2015 can be used and thats the bottle I have.. See, I should use my own advice and check the website lol

On a side note, what bottle is Dollywood using for refills?? I got one during Christmas that has LR on it and says coming 2016.. The picture online SHOWS THAT BOTTLE as the current bottle (Or did when I renewed my tickets two weeks ago).. They using the same bottle right now? if so that will save some money!!

Maybe ask them on Facebook?

Haha I used my own advice and looked online and had my question answered the bottle purchased after NOV 7th is the new one. but exactly that would have been a Facebook answer if they had someone watching the facebook for someone like me that is lazy or just doesn't pay attention when I read things

Seriously guys. I would prefer to do a millions of terrible jobs before I would agree to respond to a bunch of idiotic Facebook complaints as a profession. They had a social media presence in the past and there is probably a reason they have gone away from it.

Edited by ernierocker

Yes they could, but that's the problem with today's world. Most people rather put a company on blast on FB than actually call them or email them when they've had a bad experience.