TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Great pics, WildEagle2014! But uh....don't tell me the Rockin' Roadway is shut down already! Hoping they have a MUCH better year this year with it staying up.

Also hoping the park has adequate numbers of employees this year as well to keep everything open.

I couldn't convince anyone in my family to come with me today, but I had already requested off and it is such a nice day that I decided to come by myself. It's actually been pretty fun even though I feel like a big dork for coming alone. Hopefully I can convince someone to come with me once lightning rod opens. All of my friends and family are chickens when it comes to coasters.

Heads up everybody! I spoke to friends at Dollywood today that talked to Pete who told them the good news that the coaster will be running Thursday. There was a running of the bulls to Lightning Rod today too, guess a lot of people didn't know it was closed...

^That's too bad but good for you for going even by yourself. I would feel awkward alone but I think if you can get over that awkward feeling it can be fun. Whenever I come up from Atlanta with a friend we would totally be willing to meet up with you for a while so you aren't visiting completely alone.

Heads up everybody! I spoke to friends at Dollywood today that talked to Pete who told them the good news that the coaster will be running Thursday. There was a running of the bulls to Lightning Rod today too, guess a lot of people didn't know it was closed...

Woot. The more I hear this the happier I am! I should get ready to submit my PTO from work.

The running of the bulls part is both depressing and kind of hilarious.

I am not sure who that was because all I have said today is that Dolly will be here on Thursday but we do not know what the disposition of the ride yet. Progress is being made day after day. We will let you know as soon as we know. We are as anxious as you are to have Lightning Rod open.

Well we got our media day invite for next Thursday so doesn't sound like the delays are too long...

Robb,

There HAS to be a TPR-POV of this, complete with plenty of ' wee's' and ' oh crap's'.

I will be visiting the park in July and hopefully I'll be able to record that video then!

I am not sure who that was because all I have said today is that Dolly will be here on Thursday but we do not know what the disposition of the ride yet. Progress is being made day after day. We will let you know as soon as we know. We are as anxious as you are to have Lightning Rod open.

Thanks for the update, Pete. Looking forward to riding when it does open.

Well we got our media day invite for next Thursday so doesn't sound like the delays are too long...

Robb,

There HAS to be a TPR-POV of this, complete with plenty of ' wee's' and ' oh crap's'.

I will be visiting the park in July and hopefully I'll be able to record that video then!

Awesome! Can't wait.

You might be annoying to some people but I think your articulations of excitement make the videos. I scream my lungs out whenever I ride anything, so having a vid with no reactions is just meh...

Got a ton of awesome pictures on perfect day at Dollywood. I spoke with Pete and he said it's a day by day thing on testing. I asked why they weren't running the trains during the time as was there and he said they are working on some behind the scenes engineering stuff. Dolly will officially open the part Thursday with a media time at 10:30am and she will do a parade through the park at 4:30pm weather permitting. I asked if the coaster would be open then and he said its day to day. keep your eyes on the website for future details.

image.thumb.jpeg.87af5e05c4acfbd37d1c9eb6d73ed70f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b3448a7f58d8c79dbf9a250e0d42fca8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.faced3695792e5d311fa9879af184ed9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e706417e943bc45a144f73bca14bf15a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.459b9865acb26e316af34c77cd9932a8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.eb333e5eb61adbc9559a5506da3c127d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.189d0c3b838d8cf8cb13134fc027f7e7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dee28c032e46330b2140a92e8bfb7d22.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9d6488a387c397ffc168c2c56bbf663b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1927b15f9d7eb04ea769e3660dffd799.jpeg

When did you go? Usually even when the park is packed the coasters aren't. Tennessee Tornado with one train holds a 20+ minute line and both Mystery Mine and Wild Eagle will push 20 minutes. Firechaser can be bad but you really only have to ride it once. Same with Blazing Fury. Thunderhead rarely has a line and before Lightning Rod is the star of the park IMO. I've never visited the park where I felt lines were too long.

When did you go? Usually even when the park is packed the coasters aren't. Tennessee Tornado with one train holds a 20+ minute line and both Mystery Mine and Wild Eagle will push 20 minutes. Firechaser can be bad but you really only have to ride it once. Same with Blazing Fury. Thunderhead rarely has a line and before Lightning Rod is the star of the park IMO. I've never visited the park where I felt lines were too long.

I went the Saturday after thanksgiving. Everything was an hour wait at least, even the cinnamon bread (worth it though!) Does Tennessee Tornado only run one train? It was the longest wait in the park.