TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Hmmm, very interesting. I just now seen the commercial for the coaster on TV. Didn't have any date on it, just "Spring 2016" but it is running now and I usually see commercials running for them from now until the end of summer. Danny Robbins commented on IG that he's not too sure if it'll open Friday. The test video hasn't been filmed yet because they haven't had enough time to get a film crew out to film it due to all the work being done. Someone asked if cycle testing was done and he said "definitely not"

May Dolly's magic give Lightning Rod a successful block check testing with two trains. HFE/Dollywood is too great of a company to root against or doubt. A second train most likely means that they (RMC and/or Dollywood) is comfortable with how the ride is currently testing.

As for a Media Day, I'm sure something is planned (if all goes according to the ambitious plan), but enthusiast groups aren't always on top of the invite list. I have been able to attend two media day events, and I can't be more thankful to both of those hosting parks/companies. They do not by any means have to invite enthusiast groups, so when they do it is a generous bonus as opposed to any kind of obligation. I'm sure something is scheduled under the assumption Dolly and RMC's magic will work in time for March 19th, but we haven't heard much as the event might not be as "open" as other media day events have been for other attractions.

P.S.: If I was the czar of Dollywood, I would not approve of a spokesperson getting on the news and talking as much as they did about a new coaster if I didn't think it had a decent chance of being a part of the exciting Opening Weekend the interview was all about.

It doesn't hurt to ask customer service. Ask and you shall receive, right? The woman said "it was decided about 10 minutes ago by the ride manufacture not to open until everything is working perfect, we don't have a new set date."

The woman said "it was decided about 10 minutes ago by the ride manufacture not to open until everything is working perfect, we don't have a new set date."

As someone who doesn't have a set date to go ride the thing, this would be good news because I'd rather they get it done right. However, I do feel frustrated for those who have planned resort stays around the coaster's opening.

it was decided about 10 minutes ago by the ride manufacture not to open until everything is working perfect

They decided that about 10 minutes ago? I figured that would have been part of every testing process since the beginning of time. "Hey does this thing work?". "I don't know open it up and let's find out."

I called customer service as well and because there was a substantial call volume, I entered into the queue and will report back when I find out for myself

Translation: a bunch of coaster enthusiasts have clogged up the phone lines all with the exact same question.

Edited by coasterbill

it was decided about 10 minutes ago by the ride manufacture not to open until everything is working perfect

They decided that about 10 minutes ago? I figured that would have been part of every testing process since the beginning of time. "Hey does this thing work?". "I don't know open it up and let's find out."

Wasn't that the protocol with Son Of Beast?

He is correct. Ride will not open this Friday from my intelligences . We all want to ride, but safety comes first and I appreciate dollywood and RMC making sure it's safe. I feel for those that have traveled long distances to come Friday. They have tried.

He's not lying. I just got off the phone with customer service. They said they don't have a timetable at the moment for its commission, and the delay was requested by "the manufacturer"

I would never intentionally spread such lies! I'm told Saturday is definite "no go" as well.

Edited by Sphantom91