TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

She will be there for opening day (weekend) but keep in mind they also have the Festival of Nations opening that day and she usually performs with the groups throughout the day. Plus, they have the parade.

They haven't sent anything out to media that the events are being postponed so take that for what is worth.

How about some bad news? Some weather models that are *VERY FAR AHEAD AND ONLY A SLIGHT POSSIBILITY* are showing possible wintry temps falling across Kentucky and Tennesse during the opening week for Dollywood, otherwise known as Spring Break. But if Lightning Rod is open then it might still be worth it.

How about some bad news? Some weather models that are *VERY FAR AHEAD AND ONLY A SLIGHT POSSIBILITY* are showing possible wintry temps falling across Kentucky and Tennesse during the opening week for Dollywood, otherwise known as Spring Break. But if Lightning Rod is open then it might still be worth it.

I Believe, it will go.

I Believe it, in the snow.

I Believe in Dolly, yes I can.

I Believe it will open on time, Sam I am.

If it's testing, that means they have exactly a week right?

I would guess, if Dollywood is as stringent as folks on here are saying they are, with their reputation for opening rides on opening day, they are probably working and testing this thing 24 hours a day and tweeking and adjusting anything that is problematic. I know that at some of the bigger parks like Disney, SF, and CF, there is pretty much never a time where there is not SOMEONE at the park working. When it comes to new rides, that is even more true.

If what Screamscape is saying is indeed true, I don't see why the ride couldn't open in a week.

That's going to make for some VERY happy opening day visitors if that is the case.

It will run, up the hill.

It will run, yes it will.

It will run, in sleet and rain.

It will run, on preview day.

It will run, and we will scream.

It will run, just like a dream.

First ride finished, my mind relieved,

all this I know, cause I Believed.

Yes, I believed, from beginning till end.

I Believed in Dolly, and those dudes at Herschend.

Never once did I falter, never once not held true.

So to all those naysayers, "Suck it! Nanny Nanny Boo Boo!"

At this point even if the ride is open for opening day I would NOT want to ride. It is a new ride system and a new coaster on a awkward terrain. I'll let others be test subjects. Moreover I believe that Dollywood is responsible enough to NOT open a ride after only a week of testing just to say they did not missed a deadline. Hopefully guest safety matter more than meeting their self imposed deadline.

I've always been impressed with Dollywood opening dates for their new rides. I just don't know why all other parks can't follow the same pattern as dollywood. It seems so efficient. Even if dollywood doesn't get this ride opened the first week , I'm confident they will get it opened sooner than later.

I guess it will open when it opens.

Dollywood will do everything they can to get it running for the public on opening day, but they won't cut corners to do so. To avoid the ride after it's been testing for "only" a week is silly, Dollywood aren't going to let people on it if they're not satisfied it's safe, even if it means their exceptional reputation for having rides open on time takes a knock.... which it won't, because people have very short term memories.

I Believe, it will go.

I Believe it, in the snow.

I Believe in Dolly, yes I can.

I Believe it will open on time, Sam I am.

It's just a matter of time now until Guy sings a Dollywood version of I Believe from Book of Mormon. Possibly dueting with Dolly herself.

I'm heading down to Pigeon Forge for the night, and most of the day tomorrow. I would drive out to Dollywood but I fear I would get attacked by the team "NO PHOTOS NO PHOTOS, SHE DOESNT WANT TO BE SEEN YET" haha which I just want to see it with my own eyes. So I may try and take the road where those old apartments are and take a peek, not sure yet though.

I'm heading down to Pigeon Forge for the night, and most of the day tomorrow. I would drive out to Dollywood but I fear I would get attacked by the team "NO PHOTOS NO PHOTOS, SHE DOESNT WANT TO BE SEEN YET" haha which I just want to see it with my own eyes. So I may try and take the road where those old apartments are and take a peek, not sure yet though.

Please do!

I also want to drive out to Locust Ridge to see the actual homeplace (Yes I know you can't go on the land) but in all my 21 years of going to Pigeon Forge, my family and I have never traveled out that road. I know you turn opposite of the old Dollywood entrance, but that's as far as I know. Haha Anyone ever done it?

I also want to drive out to Locust Ridge to see the actual homeplace (Yes I know you can't go on the land) but in all my 21 years of going to Pigeon Forge, my family and I have never traveled out that road. I know you turn opposite of the old Dollywood entrance, but that's as far as I know. Haha Anyone ever done it?

I don't remember where I saw it, but there is an article online where Bill Owens told the directions to the old Parton homeplace.

Edit: here it is, http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1986-09-07/travel/8603060993_1_creek-bridge-miles-louis-owens

It is from 1986, though.

Here are the Google Maps directions. You can even see the house using street view. Those directions provided by the link in the post above mine are outdated as the Locust Ridge Rd has been extended and paved since way back when. Using these directions, the house will be on the right.

Directions To Dolly's Real Childhood Home on Locust Ridge Rd

Just got settled in the hotel after eating and walking around town. So it was extremely hard to find a hotel because there's apparently this huge cheer competition going on, spring break coming in, and the girl at the front desk said people are starting to come in for Dollywood's grand opening. She was like "Have you heard what's over at the park?" I was like "Yea, Lightning Rod, a pretty big deal in the coaster world." She was like "Oh no, you have no idea, have you seen the thing moving yet? " then just smirked. So just stepping into town and the hype is big.

Oh and thanks so much for the directions, I will be sure to put them to good use tomorrow!