TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Does anyone else find it odd that people are following or rather stalking ride ops for news about the coaster?

Oh sweetie if you think this is weird, you picked the wrong hobby.

Do yourself a favor and stay as far away from Disney boards as you can as this is child's play compared to what they do.

Yeah, don't call me a sweetie and trust me I stay far away from Disney boards.

Anyways, put me with the " I do not think the ride will open in time but I don't care because I'm going months later to ride" group.

I Believe.

Honey Bunny Love Darlin'!

New video

Anyone else having trouble with this video not playing? I've tried it on two computers and my phone and won't play on any of them. The first one plays just fine. #frustrating

Anyone else having trouble with this video not playing? I've tried it on two computers and my phone and won't play on any of them. The first one plays just fine. #frustrating

Plays for me on both my phone, and laptop. Granted it is a little slow and glitchy, but it's still playing.

Wait not to derail the thread but someone mentioned Disney fans get a lot more 'creepy' than we do. What exactly is it that they get up to that's so bad?

Nothing. Both groups of weirdos are equally as creepy. Anyone that thinks otherwise is in denial. Or, if you're on the Jungle Cruise, in de Nile.

Wait not to derail the thread but someone mentioned Disney fans get a lot more 'creepy' than we do. What exactly is it that they get up to that's so bad?

Nothing. Both groups of weirdos are equally as creepy. Anyone that thinks otherwise is in denial. Or, if you're on the Jungle Cruise, in de Nile.

Haha. Fair. I was afraid you might say they were knocking on peoples doors asking about attractions or something worse.

Spoken like a seasoned Jungle Boat Captain!

Well played sir! Well played!

My wife and I just booked a trip for there in April. Sunday and Monday at the park....very excited. On a side note, AIRBnB has some FANTASTIC cabins a couple miles from the park. Got an amazing 2 BR 2 BA with pool table, flat screens, full kitchen, wrap around deck and hottub for 3 nights for $298. VERY excited to check this park out; never been.

Just received this from Dollywood...hey, it's better than a "sorry folks, Lightning Rod is closed, the moose out front shoulda told ya." So here's to hoping they are on schedule for the opening!

"Visit Dollywood on Season Passholder Sneak Preview Day Friday, March 18 from 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. and the first 5,000 Passholders will receive a commemorative Lightning Rod car magnet! As a Passholder, you get to be the first to experience the fun that awaits in the 2016 season — including Dollywood’s wildly-popular Festival of Nations. During this delightfully diverse celebration, get a glimpse into more than two dozen cultures from around the world through entertainment showcases, exotic cuisine and authentic craftsmanship."

Awwwww! Whats the fun in that? Wouldn't you rather spend the whole day whining, bitching and complaining that you traveled across this great country to ride the worlds first launched wooden coaster? Only to have it not open for you. Then spew mindless drivel upon the internets about how Dollywood has betrayed you, nay, betrayed M'erica for not getting previously said ride open safely on time?

Unfortunately, that is not going to happen. Wanna know why?

Cause...

...wait for it!

I believe!

Edited by Guy T. Koepp

Just received this from Dollywood...hey, it's better than a "sorry folks, Lightning Rod is closed, the moose out front shoulda told ya." So here's to hoping they are on schedule for the opening!

"Visit Dollywood on Season Passholder Sneak Preview Day Friday, March 18 from 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. and the first 5,000 Passholders will receive a commemorative Lightning Rod car magnet! As a Passholder, you get to be the first to experience the fun that awaits in the 2016 season — including Dollywood’s wildly-popular Festival of Nations. During this delightfully diverse celebration, get a glimpse into more than two dozen cultures from around the world through entertainment showcases, exotic cuisine and authentic craftsmanship."

Ah boy that doesn't sound too great haha. It could go either way at this point. I just hope the get it open when I'm there for the first time this year the week after. This has seemed so 50-50. You'd think they would tell us definitively one way or the other at this point.

Yeah i'd imagine not announcing when it's only a week away is a tiny bit dangerous because of people who are solely going for the ride who can't really pin down plans to be there or not, especially if they live farther away from Tennessee. Lucky for me, if it isn't open I can go whenever it is because a 2 hour drive is quite manageable on the weekends in college.

Yeah i'd imagine not announcing when it's only a week away is a tiny bit dangerous because of people who are solely going for the ride who can't really pin down plans to be there or not, especially if they live farther away from Tennessee. Lucky for me, if it isn't open I can go whenever it is because a 2 hour drive is quite manageable on the weekends in college.

It's only 4 hours from me here in Atlanta so I will be getting a good dozen trips in this summer on weekends. I just hope the ride is ready for my first visit. I'll get plenty of Lightning Rod action this year.

For what it's worth, I've heard Dolly is scheduled to be there on the 18th for the official opening as she normally does for new rides. Can't imagine they'd do all of that just to have her say, "Look ya'll! Ain't she purdy! Betcha cain't wait to ride it...next month!"

(admit it...you just sounded that out like Dolly in your head )

For what it's worth, I've heard Dolly is scheduled to be there on the 18th for the official opening as she normally does for new rides. Can't imagine they'd do all of that just to have her say, "Look ya'll! Ain't she purdy! Betcha cain't wait to ride it...next month!"

(admit it...you just sounded that out like Dolly in your head )

LMAO I admit I read that in Dolly's voice.

Is it confirmed that she will be there opening day even if the ride isn't ready?

I will go regardless if I can see Dolly, and even more so if I can meet her.