TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Great interview today. Not making any guarantees, but they report Lightning Rod "right on schedule" in the description. What is right on schedule? No one knows, but as of now, the park hasn't officially said it would be after Opening Day. I'd say the expectation should be for it not to be opening day to avoid too much disappointment. In the ambitious case it does open on Opening Day, we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

Its funny because most of the people freaking have no plans of being there opening weekend . . . or any weekend that soon afterwards.

Well I plan on being there opening weekend and the weekend after as well as a weekend in April so any official statement from the park would put some of the worry at rest. That being said I'm sure by April no matter how 'behind' they may be it will be open.

I assume the park has made no official statement because they are still hopeful that Lightning Rod will be ready. I doubt they would leave us guessing when opening day of the park is the norm for new rides and many people are anticipating riding it opening day.

Great interview today. Not making any guarantees, but they report Lightning Rod "right on schedule" in the description. What is right on schedule? No one knows, but as of now, the park hasn't officially said it would be after Opening Day. I'd say the expectation should be for it not to be opening day to avoid too much disappointment. In the ambitious case it does open on Opening Day, we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

They said "Opening Spring 2016" when they announced the ride, so technically it doesn't have to be open on opening day for it to be on schedule.

At this point, opening this ride on Opening Day is laughable. I will eat my shoe if it does. I mean c'mon! There's less than ten days left and ride (to my knowledge) hasn't even completed a full circuit! I don't blame Dollywood or RMC per se, it's just I believe ambitions were set too high on this ride.

^I hope you like the taste of rubber

In all seriousness, I think opening day was the goal in mind. I'm still cautiously optimistic, and I don't think it's "laughable" in any sense of the word to meet that deadline. As has been said before, there's really nothing new on this coaster. Yeah it's the first wood launch coaster but so what? Doesn't mean it would be any more complicated to test than any other LSM launch coaster.

Bottom line is, if the regulations allow for it I think there's a (great?) possibility this opens on schedule.

They said "Opening Spring 2016" when they announced the ride, so technically it doesn't have to be open on opening day for it to be on schedule.

At this point, opening this ride on Opening Day is laughable. I will eat my shoe if it does. I mean c'mon! There's less than ten days left and ride (to my knowledge) hasn't even completed a full circuit! I don't blame Dollywood or RMC per se, it's just I believe ambitions were set too high on this ride.

You keep killing the puppies! What is wrong with you?

I believe in the magic of Dolly! I believe in the magic of Dolly! Nothing can get me down! Unicorns, Butterflies, and Rainbows! I will be there opening day, with bells on, dressed up in my Sunday best. On a Friday no less! I will briskly walk not to the left up Timber Canyon, but to the right toward Jukebox Junction, where I will stand, proudly, waiting for all the smiling faces of the Lightning Rod crew to come down and wisk me away with open arms to the loading platform. I will stand for a moment. Pondering. Front row? Or back? Truth be told, I already know which, but I won't tell you. I will keep you guessing. Then, as I return from my maiden voyage on Dolly's newest creation, I will exit the loading ramp, skirt through the giftshop, pull out my cell phone, and serve up a God Fearing dose TPR humble pie!

Told ya so!

I have dreamt this! And so it shall be!

Eff this noise. I just bypassed coaster crews deadline for the event on opening day. While I'm going to be in the area that weekend, it would be really frustrating to visit the park and pay for the whole enthusiast event and the best coaster on the planet is just sitting there still in testing or delayed. Curse you dollywood, I'll be back.

Is the season passholder preview day confirmed for the 18th? I keep seeing it mentioned in this thread, but I can't find any mention of it on the park's website, nor have I received any communication about it (I'm a passholder).

There's a recent post on their Facebook.

You keep killing the puppies! What is wrong with you?

I believe in the magic of Dolly! I believe in the magic of Dolly! Nothing can get me down! Unicorns, Butterflies, and Rainbows! I will be there opening day, with bells on, dressed up in my Sunday best. On a Friday no less! I will briskly walk not to the left up Timber Canyon, but to the right toward Jukebox Junction, where I will stand, proudly, waiting for all the smiling faces of the Lightning Rod crew to come down and wisk me away with open arms to the loading platform. I will stand for a moment. Pondering. Front row? Or back? Truth be told, I already know which, but I won't tell you. I will keep you guessing. Then, as I return from my maiden voyage on Dolly's newest creation, I will exit the loading ramp, skirt through the giftshop, pull out my cell phone, and serve up a God Fearing dose TPR humble pie!

Told ya so!

I have dreamt this! And so it shall be!

What a vivid image you have painted. Can't wait to see your photos from opening day, and I can't wait to hear about how you liked LR!

I'm just thankful our trip to DW is planned for LATE this season so I am not worried about it opening on opening day or not!

(However, if I had to put money on LR opening on opening day, or not. . . I'd put money on it being open on opening day.)

Eff this noise. I just bypassed coaster crews deadline for the event on opening day. While I'm going to be in the area that weekend, it would be really frustrating to visit the park and pay for the whole enthusiast event and the best coaster on the planet is just sitting there still in testing or delayed. Curse you dollywood, I'll be back.

Do you like killing puppies? Does their crying bring you joy? Why is your heart so cold and black?

You gotta dream to live bro! Dolly's got her amplifiers turned up to 11! I believe! I believe! I believe!

I know the website won't except cc on mobile devices. Log on the website from a computer or laptop.

Since when? When I visited last year the lines at the ticket booths were so long they had employees going around telling people they could buy the tickets on their phones and they could then scan the barcodes from their phones at the gate.

I still can't get over how insane that wave turn looks. I can't say definitively that I won't tear up when I see the ride in person, and completely make a fool of myself, regardless of when it opens. I'm lucky enough that I will have enough free time to go down one Saturday before I gradute to experience it. I'm resigned to being able to ride on Spring Break now, so it will just be a bonus if it is open then.