TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

While it feels like This project is cutting it close, if there is one park that I feel confident in getting their new attraction up for opening weekend it is Dollywood. If it were six flags I'd be doubtful but I have no doubt we will see dolly smiling and a bunch of happy folks riding her new rod right on schedule in just around three weeks from now in Ten-a-how-ever-you-wanna-spell-it.

Shawn (loves attending opening weekend at Dollywood) Smith

From RMC's instagram today:

12747737_945876648841648_1039328169_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE5MzUyMjQ2MTM0MDY0NTMyNw%3D%3D.2

That's beautiful. Can't wait to ride this, definitely my most anticipated new ride (that I will actually get to ride) for this year along with Storm Chaser.

^Nope, that's just the way I spell Tteenneessee. I can't think of any other way I've spelled it.

It's okay, I can't ever get the name of that one coaster in Spain right. What was it? Shambananacreampie?

Bananacoaster!

Thankyou, Liseberg.

Now that I have your attention....

...we will see dolly smiling and a bunch of happy folks riding her new rod right on schedule...

I love that line. (Not Fixed.)

Heads up to anyone coming down for opening weekend that uses I-75 south.

http://wate.com/2016/02/26/i-75n-closed-in-campbell-county-for-rock-slide/

I don't know much yet, but I do know I get to go into work tomorrow and produce the plans for the repair job by Monday morning. If this does affect some of you, I will be sure to keep this thread updated.

I don't know much yet, but I do know I get to go into work tomorrow and produce the plans for the repair job by Monday morning. If this does affect some of you, I will be sure to keep this thread updated.

Thank you!

Wow! That's pretty wild. There was a huge one on the 24W coming up from Cchhaattaannooggaa when we drove up this afternoon. It had already been cleared and wrangled behind a wall of concrete bull barriers. Lots of rock slides this year.

Ok so here's my advice. Dollywood's tickets are $64 dollars a piece this year, and being that's your main goal put that at the top of your list. Hotel? How many nights are you going to be in the area? If it's just 1-2 nights you can find many reasonable hotels for a great price under 100 dollars around this time of year. I wouldn't go all DreamMore if you are trying to save money. Restaurants-any where you eat in the area is going to be around 40-60 dollars at the cheapest. (TGI, Olive Garden, Apple Barn, Margaritaville, etc) BUT look for coupons whether they are on the Internet or in the coupon books located at the many stands with brochures. Your hotel will often even give discounts. (By the way, there are also hotels that give Dollywood tickets at a discount) As far as location of hotel, Pigeon Forge would be better. Gatlinburg tends to spike prices for not so nice hotels. Funny story, I've been in a hotel where a bear just walked in, got in the pool, then left. Manager said it happened all the time. That was in Gatlinburg.