TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Amazing looking ride! I still cannot fully comprehend how huge that wave turn is.

Irvine Ondrey Engineering posted this video of them starting up Lightning Rod's electrontics - It seems they're getting to work on some of the controls now so they can be ahead once they start testing. It's cool to geek out like this!

She's alive... Alive!

*waiting for a velociraptor to come bursting through*

well guys... with track not complete today, if they want to be ready for March 18, that's less than four weeks. and if they can pull it off, that will be the fastest any RMC has moved from completion to guests riding.

I'm still hopeful but starting to feel like it will take a little bit of a miracle :/

The difference with this ride and other RMC coasters is that it seems they're way, way ahead of the game in terms of station, queue, themeing, and electronic components. Once the track is completed I don't think it would be long at all before testing can begin, and even with the launch system you can go from testing with water dummies to testing with real dummies in less than two weeks. I still have hope that this could open on time, but we'll see.

This thing looks forceless.

This thing looks forceless.

Having fun being a contrarian troll?

I believe you may have missed the steaming pile of sarcasm which was spread throughout prozach's post.

How is it sarcastic? He isn't even referencing anything. He just randomly posts something negative. No indication of it being a joke. It's only trying to get a reaction, it's just annoying.