TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Looking good! Love that none of the ride can be seen from inside the park. This has the same mystery that The Beast has where you don't know what lies beyond the top of the lift.

Hopefully that makes sense to someone.....

^I got it!

But remember we've got the quadruple down coming down the hill into the huge "non-inverting half loop" in plain sight too, which is basically a 180 degree spiral turn into a steep drop into the brakes, a bit of a FullThrottle-esque ending if you ask me. This thing is gonna charge hard right into the brakes. It's gonna be sick!

^I got it!

But remember we've got the quadruple down coming down the hill into the huge "non-inverting half loop" in plain sight too, which is basically a 180 degree spiral turn into a steep drop into the brakes, a bit of a FullThrottle-esque ending if you ask me. This thing is gonna charge hard right into the brakes. It's gonna be sick!

You're right, but the drop will be complete instead of braking during it. That drop is also coming after 3500' of track before it, so it will feel like a complete layout that never loses steam. Kinda like if Storm Runner were longer!

Just got back from Dollywood and Lightning Rod looks amazing.

I knew this thing was big, but this lift hill really gives you an idea of its size... weird part is, after seeing the size of this lift hill, launched at that, you'd expect it to be a much longer ride than 3800 ft. Oh well, not complaining at all... can't wait to ride this masterpiece.

thumb_image_252.jpeg

Omg... It's so big.

Can't wait to ride this coaster. It is looking better and better with each new photo!

(p.s. - Thanks for the photos!)

(p.p.s. - I really want to know whats going on at the top of the launch hill with those weird supports!)

This monster is gonna be insane in the daytime. I can't imagine how balls to the wall crazy it will be after the sun sets. You won't be able to see a thing back there in the woods. It will have the same feel as the Beast. Only actually good.

If it's anything like Outlaw Run is at night time, then we are in for a treat!! Outlaw Run is INSANE at night time!! I can only imagine how much better this coaster is going to be! Ohhh how I can't wait for my first ride!!! Also... I really can't wait for a POV of this coaster.