TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

When is an official POV video going to be released?

I expect that it will be released sometime by Christmas, they may do it similarly to how they did it for Firechaser Express.

That's what they did for Outlaw Run. I think it's a great marketing strategy to build up some hype!

The trim discussion is absurd - you're coming off a launch that can be easily designed to leave the train traveling at the exact speed RMC wants. The launch can end at a point where the train can burn off speed before it actually crests the hill - no trim needed, because gravity.

Personally I wasn't implying the use of trims at all, in fact I'd assumed from the moment I saw the coaster that it would work as you describe. Isn't that how Maverick works? It slows down as you crest the hill, it's not like you just blast into the apex at the full velocity of the launch up.

Personally I wasn't implying the use of trims at all, in fact I'd assumed from the moment I saw the coaster that it would work as you describe. Isn't that how Maverick works? It slows down as you crest the hill, it's not like you just blast into the apex at the full velocity of the launch up.

Now THAT, would be fun!

Has anyone stayed at the DreamMore resort? I'm trying to plan a trip and was wondering if the resort was worth the money. Thanks for the help.

Stayed at the resort a couple of weeks ago for 3 nights and we believed it was worth the money.

Nice rooms with awesome beds, wifi is good, the pool is great( private pool and jaccuzi for us since we were one of the few guest[emoji12]) , trolley to the park is great and an inhouse Starbucks.......awesome!

Add the qbot thats included for every guest staying at the hotel and it's worth the money i guess......

Wait is that a sex thing? Why is everyone on this board always making stuff into sex things

You could say Dollywood is making a sex thing out of wood.

Fixed that for you!

Speaking of sex things... Let's not forget this...

dollyrod.jpg

I've always wondered if they will slow it down before you crest the hill. The POV provided (granted it is a announcement one) shows that it crest the hills what appears to be way slower then 45 MPH.

My hopes are that it doesn't, only time will tell. Either way, this will be an amazing coaster.

I find it reasonable to assume that it will hit 45 going up the hill, not 45 going over the top.

Yeah let's do some math for a second. 45 mph + 163 foot drop = 73 mph top speed? Doesn't quite add up. I think it's safe to assume you'll be going into that first drop significantly slower than 45 mph.

If indeed the second drop is 165 feet and you end up at 73 mph at the bottom of it, you would need to crest the top of that second hill around 21 mph.

I was there on Sunday and saw the construction site. This thing is huge. And it is really going to help balance the park out with its location. The park is very lopsided right now with all of it's coasters on one side of the property. This will start to even things out and help to control the flow of guests.

Looks like there's gonna be some themeing at the top of the hill, there! You can see the crest of the launch but there's wooden structure going much higher. Didn't see anything of the sort in the video, so I guess Dollywood has yet more surprises in store for us!